Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 24 2014, 09:00 PM

I earned my 1 FC for 3 quests in 7 days. I had another quest that was complete, so after I clicked and earned my 1 FC, I clicked to get my coins for completing the quest. It does not show that I have a completed quest. I did it last week, too, and it showed, but this one did not. I have gotten off the farm and came back and it still doesn't show that I completed it.
Old May 24 2014, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
I earned my 1 FC for 3 quests in 7 days. I had another quest that was complete, so after I clicked and earned my 1 FC, I clicked to get my coins for completing the quest. It does not show that I have a completed quest. I did it last week, too, and it showed, but this one did not. I have gotten off the farm and came back and it still doesn't show that I completed it.
If the last step of the quest was completed prior to collecting the farm cash then the quest will go on the previous week even if you waited until after collecting the farm cash to collect the coins.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 24 2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
If the last step of the quest was completed prior to collecting the farm cash then the quest will go on the previous week even if you waited until after collecting the farm cash to collect the coins.
Thanks, Taz. Won't make that mistake again. I thought I would be able to get the 1FC before the quest ended, but had an unexpected trip away home. I had also seen something that made me think it wouldn't matter. Know better next time.
Old May 25 2014, 05:08 AM

Hi, y'all are saying in the quest faqs that the last step of a quest cannot be completed using a lifeline..ie: employee lifeline used in a friend's facility when not personally owned. Okay..so a well known creator of many large groups for FarmTown is insisting often that this CAN be done 90 percent of the time. She claims it works for her all the time. The problem is that she has access to in excess of possibly 3500 farmtown players. These players are taking her word for it and attempting to complete the last step of their quests with lifelines. Could someone please explain WHY the last step must be completed on one's own farm?? And could someone also explain why it apparently doesn't apply to everyone?? The lady in question is not prone to lying or telling tales or giving misinformation. What is the story on this and as a suggestion..I think the lifelines should work for the last step of a quest. Thanks for any insight you all may have to offer so I can share it with others.
Old May 25 2014, 05:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyD~ View Post
Hi, y'all are saying in the quest faqs that the last step of a quest cannot be completed using a lifeline..ie: employee lifeline used in a friend's facility when not personally owned. Okay..so a well known creator of many large groups for FarmTown is insisting often that this CAN be done 90 percent of the time. She claims it works for her all the time. The problem is that she has access to in excess of possibly 3500 farmtown players. These players are taking her word for it and attempting to complete the last step of their quests with lifelines. Could someone please explain WHY the last step must be completed on one's own farm?? And could someone also explain why it apparently doesn't apply to everyone?? The lady in question is not prone to lying or telling tales or giving misinformation. What is the story on this and as a suggestion..I think the lifelines should work for the last step of a quest. Thanks for any insight you all may have to offer so I can share it with others.
The reason it is like that is that is the way the developers made it and yes it does apply to everyone and no the lifeline can not be used for the last step, this comes from the developers. I don't know why she says it works all the time for her, if it does than she is lucky. Below is the rules that came from the developers, you will see the last one refers to not being able to use them for the last step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul
- You'll not know the Social Lifeline you are going to get until you actually request a Social Lifeline by clicking the Lifesaver icon in the top right
- You can only have one Quest with a Social Lifeline active at any point in time
- You can still always make the products yourself, Social Lifelines are just alternative ways for you to procure products for your Quest Steps
- Products procured through Social Lifelines will never count toward the main goal of a Quest (first step)

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old May 25 2014, 05:27 AM

thanks for your input and the direct quote from Raul. I appreciate that you took the time to respond.
Old May 25 2014, 05:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
thanks for your input and the direct quote from Raul. I appreciate that you took the time to respond.
No problem, glad to help, if you ever need anymore help you can come to the forum for answers.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old May 25 2014, 11:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
To add to what Knightrider has said, I have heard a few people say it worked on the last step as well, however it is not something you can rely on consistently. I am doubting her 90% claim because if it was that high then everyone would be seeing that. It is certainly not something I would be counting on working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 25 2014, 01:19 PM

Three quests in a row I can't complete because I don't have the necessary facility.
If the non ingredients for me function can tell what facilities I own and which ones I don't, why can't the quests? I understand that if it only generated from what I already own I would have "no incentive" to buy more, but maybe there could be a way that it wouldn't give more than one at a time, or two in a row at most. So disheartening to have a goal and no way to reach it.

Farming since May 19, 2009
Old May 25 2014, 09:11 PM

OK...I'm still not clear on the exact end time of one week of quests. Today is Sunday. I have 6 completed quests that I have collected coins for, starting last Monday, and one completed today that I have not collected coins ...or cash. Does my week of quests end at midnight tonight, when I collect the coins, or when I collect the cash....even if the last two technically will be the first day of a new week?

Tags
completed quest, employee lifeline, farm cash, farmcash claim, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, quest, quest expires, quest manager, quest time, quest time remaining, quest time to make item, quest x025, quests, quests completed, regular quests, time limit, time to make an item, trader lifeline, trading