Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Hi All,
Please do not continue to post that your ship is stuck at someone's port. The developers are looking at a way to improve the selection of the neighbors your ship will go to. However, they will not be able to change the list for this first ship. We understand that the ships are getting stuck as it is the holidays and some are not playing during this family time as well as that there are some less active players in your lists. Please be patient while they try to make this operate better.
If you find something new that needs to be address do please post it here.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2016, 08:51 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Regarding the ship problem with people not helping to keep out ships moving. Maybe if the Devs would show it in the 'my requests' tab the people not participating in the ships would do it (like the Trains). I know this is going to cause a lot of minimal players to lose neighbors because we will delete them so we can play the game the way we want to. On my first ship the first neighbor did it in 2 minutes and now it is stuck at Port#2 for 18 hours. I don't want to contact this neighbor and ask her to do it... so I will just hope for the best. Not very encouraging for the players who actually participate in the challenge. Maybe a time limit would work the best because at least it will keep moving. The devs have to do something for sure.
Old Dec 24 2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyMare View Post
Each container carries a different amount of goods which increases with every port - the Ship's Containers tab tells you how many goods each container is currently carrying and how many are expected from the port your ship is currently at. The Ship's Logbook tab tells you the total amount of goods for all loaded containers
So my first ship is on Port #3. If it doesn't go any farther, the Port #2 person loaded a total of 2217 products. I have all 10 containers loaded. Does that mean that the TOTAL I would get would be 2217 products? Or do I get 2217 of each container, i.e., 2217 x 10 = 22170 products?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
So my first ship is on Port #3. If it doesn't go any farther, the Port #2 person loaded a total of 2217 products. I have all 10 containers loaded. Does that mean that the TOTAL I would get would be 2217 products? Or do I get 2217 of each container, i.e., 2217 x 10 = 22170 products?
Hi Susan,
If you look at the first tab in your ship when you open the details each container tells you how many products have been loaded currently.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:07 AM

I am quite intrigued with the ships. The overall concept is appealing. I am sure once we all go through the growing pains, the kinks will be worked out.

Just a few things -
- I don't disagree with the 1 ship per 24 hour period however it was not actually 24 hours. The time frame from beginning my first ship to being allowed to begin my second ship was 26 hours.
- I would have liked to see more options for cargo to load instead of exactly like the trains. Marble, leather, mussels would have been a nice addition.
- a possible opt in/out would be helpful. Just like with the cooperative quests, non-participation only effects yourself.
- a thank you button for sending a gift to those that move your ship along would be nice. I would love to thank those that lend a hand.
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:21 AM

Here's a suggestion - not 100% thought out but you'll get the idea and if you like it, can tweak to suit:

I think it would help to consolidate EVERYTHING into one tool - probably the Seaport Manager since that's a tool we can put in the bottom toolbox for easy access/visibility. Then we'd have tabbed screens on that one tool - one for Ship's Containers, one for Ship's Logbook, one for neighbors ships that are in your port.

The Ship's Containers and Ship's Logbook tabs would have an extra step in them because you'd have to click a picture of the ship first (yellow, pink, blue, whatever). Once you did that, it would open to what we have now. That way, we can access all ships we have launched from one place and we can work everything pertaining to ships from our toolbox without having to navigate to the farm where each ship is unless we want to. We can still do it the way it is now (i.e., go to the farm) and work each ship separately - no need to change what we have now - this is an added feature that would help, I think, for those of us who are hoping to have all 7 ships launched at all times AND be able to provide quick turn-around to neighboring ships that land at our ports.

So my current wish list is:

1. Change in the way the neighbors are chosen to decrease the likelihood of us all killing one another
2. This new, consolidated tool
3. A better way to notify neighbors when a ship is in their port. Maybe an onscreen thing - or maybe we could even have an opt-in email notification for those of us who'd like that? In other words, a thing that says, "Would you like the Mayor to send you an email letting you know when you have a neighbor's ship in your port?" I know a lot of people would NOT like that - ergo the need for opt-in - but some of us might like it. Thing is - if you create the opt-in, you'll also need an opt-out if people decide they don't want to be bothered. I haven't had any ships in my port yet so once I see the current functionality, I may feel like that's enough. Although I do sort of like the email thing.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
If you look at the first tab in your ship when you open the details each container tells you how many products have been loaded currently.
Ah, thanks! I hadn't seen that. More questions:

1. So, for example, my Factory Ingredients container is currently "carrying" 120 products and it says "To Load on This Port: 121". That means if Neighbor #3 works my ship, I'll get double the amount??? THAT'S pretty awesome!

2. On a glummer note, though, my Animal Products container is currently only carrying 14 products and will load 7 more at this port. There are 7 different types of animal product in the container, so does that mean I only get ONE hen egg, ONE sheep wool, ONE horse hair, etc., at each port? Since the Animal Products are what I'm needing most right now, that's a little disappointing.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:32 AM

I have had two ships in my port so far. The first one took about 7 clicks to fill. The second one took 37 clicks to fill. I thought the maximum number of clicks would be 10 (one for each container). Did I read that right or does it take more clicks the further down the list your port is since there is more product to load?
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ah, thanks! I hadn't seen that. More questions:

1. So, for example, my Factory Ingredients container is currently "carrying" 120 products and it says "To Load on This Port: 121". That means if Neighbor #3 works my ship, I'll get double the amount??? THAT'S pretty awesome!

2. On a glummer note, though, my Animal Products container is currently only carrying 14 products and will load 7 more at this port. There are 7 different types of animal product in the container, so does that mean I only get ONE hen egg, ONE sheep wool, ONE horse hair, etc., at each port? Since the Animal Products are what I'm needing most right now, that's a little disappointing.
Hi SUsan,
Those are questions we can't answer as we have not gotten any farther along than you and the rest have, so we haven't seen what exactly we are getting. Contrary to popular belief we moderators do not get any advanced information. We play as you do and find out as you do. You will just have to wait and see. I do know the animal products train car does not bring a lot, so expect the ship container will not bring a lot either.
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennycoll View Post
I am quite intrigued with the ships. The overall concept is appealing.
- I would have liked to see more options for cargo to load instead of exactly like the trains. Marble, leather, mussels would have been a nice addition.
- a possible opt in/out would be helpful. Just like with the cooperative quests, non-participation only effects yourself.
- a thank you button for sending a gift to those that move your ship along would be nice. I would love to thank those that lend a hand.
Nice suggestions. My list for your first item would be different but I do like the concept of having some different items. And I like the ships, too. A very fun addition to the game.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread