Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21 2016, 01:47 AM

" New Rules for sending Farm Cash gifts to friends in order to minimize the use of bots and fake accounts that are affecting the game performance:

1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash (or earn them by completing offers) to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. (305 FarmCash is equivalent to $50 real dollars, this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet)."

So we may not be able to send Farmcash to our friends...but will we still be able to send FC items such as facilities ?
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
my wife who has less facilty did better than i did last week and i own all most all of them. i know where you are comming from
Ditto with my husband! He only has a few farms and Facs and only had 1 last week that was in the contest and he only has a few neighbours - he won his group! I really dont understand how it works. I suppose he won because he has me as a neighbour.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Apr 21 2016, 04:04 AM
Account Not Linked

Once again FT(Raul) make an announcement , this time about FC to friends, but there is a lot of info not being given,such as when restrictions will commence!!! About time that everything was announced together, instead of in dribs and drabs.....where is the organisation required?????
Old Apr 21 2016, 04:07 AM

- New Rules for sending Farm Cash gifts to friends in order to minimize the use of bots and fake accounts that are affecting the game performance:

There is no BOT that farms, no one could possibly make me believe a BOT can do all the stuff you need to do to level up to get one stinking FT dollar. I'll be helping game performance, they can have my space. I have every tool, fac and item you could have, all my farms are maxed in size. I've spent more than enough real money on this game. So now all the "affecting" my farm has used up in performance of the game is now totally freed up!!
Old Apr 21 2016, 06:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK... View Post
Guess I am naïve.... I thought "maybe" there were going to be some smaller denominations available for people to contribute to the various group contests that are so popular, and increase interest in the game...
Yeah, I had just the slightest hope. I play FB games that take the trading and contests groups into consideration like that. Would be nice if FT did, too.
Old Apr 21 2016, 07:29 AM

I guess we can't blame Raul for trying to stem the loss of revenue due to unpurchased FC. I guess there is a balance as ad revenue is also at play here I'm sure. So, it's more beneficial for Slashkey to have as many people playing as possible. I'm here every day for hours as noted by my XP score (the highest of all players; over double the next highest, lol) They've made plenty of money off me. lol

With that being said I have a suggestion: When messages llike this "Hello Farmers, facebook introduced a bug recently that is causing issues when posting to facebook walls, they are working on a solution." are posted over the game, have an option to close it out each session so it doesn't screw with the display.

Last edited by FCM; Apr 21 2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old Apr 21 2016, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
" New Rules for sending Farm Cash gifts to friends in order to minimize the use of bots and fake accounts that are affecting the game performance:

1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash (or earn them by completing offers) to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. (305 FarmCash is equivalent to $50 real dollars, this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet)."

So we may not be able to send Farmcash to our friends...but will we still be able to send FC items such as facilities ?
Hi peekachoo,
"FarmCash items would be anything in the store that costs farm cash including facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendiddy View Post
305 Farm Cash is equal to $65.20 Australian.
That is a lot more than some people are prepared to spend just to help out their friends for a game.
Yep and $50 is roughly R 700 ZAR (South Africa) so agreed to havbe to spent that just to help friends is a bit rough. I don't think the Dev's have taken the fact that Facebook is world wide into account when making items you have to purchase with real cash
Old Apr 21 2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi peekachoo,
"FarmCash items would be anything in the store that costs farm cash including facilities.
Thanks for clarifying that Taz
Old Apr 21 2016, 11:11 AM

Here in the USA it will cost 49.98 to get 305 farm cash. Problem is a lot of people don't have that kind of money to spend just to help other people out. I also know that it will not matter to those running the game. Think about it, we get 25 new levels every few months, tell me what factory or tool cost 25 fc. I know there are a couple that are cheap but they came out when the game first started having factories and most long time players like my self already have those ones. Another thing look at the co op quest you get 2 fc a week if you are lucky enough, that means it will take you a little over 4 months to get 35 fc. You do earn fc for regular quest also. So that would cut the 4 months down some. But even so you will not be able to keep up with the fc items coming out that you need to play the game.

Farming since April 26 2009

Last edited by Tom C; Apr 21 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Closed Thread