Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21 2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixye Sue View Post
Has anyone had any issue hiring and/or being hired in the Marketplace? Since the new update, I (and a few others) have tried repeatedly to hire people but the request does not go through. I have had to resort to hiring from the Inn. Secondly, after I accepted a request from someone hiring me, several more request come to me even after I began working the farm. On top of this, the marketplace shows up on the farm I am working on which give the impression that it is a multi hire when it is not. Now for the biggest issue. If by chance there is a convention working the farm, I will lose gas if I fish or HP or anything someone else has already done but it has not disappeared giving the impression that it is still available to be worked. (I hope that makes sense.) I have asked several other farmers about this and it is not only me. Any comments???

Thanks!
I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.
Old Apr 22 2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
I have been having the same issue with trying to hire a Neighbor; When hiring a Neighbor, The Hire Request sometimes never arrives at the Neighbors farm. This started after the latest update and is failing on both Chrome and IE browsers. Both farmers have to shut down and restart their farms to receive the Hire Request. It is intermittent, but a pain never the less. I just updated Chrome to it's latest version and cleared cache, but no help there, as I suspected. I am running Windows 7.
Same problem here, it's a pain to keep reloading the game before you can hire.
Old Apr 22 2018, 10:39 AM

Question A comment and question about the current release

A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Apr 22 2018, 12:49 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
A comment about the current release. My favorite feature is the pinked out background to show the neighbors whose facilities I have already work especially since a few like to post every few hours or so.

My question is does anyone else have an issue with this feature not working for certain neighbors? I have a neighbor whose hire facility goods never turns pink even when I work it multiple times. Same neighbor's referrals do show as shaded after working those once. Could this be a matter of them refilling certain farms after I have worked them? Just curious if there is something I can do to change this and if this is problematic for any of you posting.
Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 22 2018, 02:10 PM

Post Responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Santmyer,

Are you saying you can work this persons production facilites, then go straight back and work them again and get more goods? That shouldn't be happening, you should be getting an oops for the facilites that you had already worked. You would be able to work any facilites that hadn't been filled the first time you tried.
No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.

Old Apr 22 2018, 02:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
No Tiger what I am saying is that when I go through the farm request wall, this neighbor's post is never shaded and I have responded to the post thinking maybe I had missed it, but I do get the oops on all farms. It is just one specific neighbor and has happened multiple times.
Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2018, 03:41 PM
Account Not Linked

The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.
Old Apr 22 2018, 04:09 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigtails View Post
The option to go back to the last job that I didn't get to finish isn't working for me. It worked one day and now it doesn't pop up any more. Please try to fix this for me, I really need it. Thanks so much.
Hi pigtails,

Did you reload the game within 10 minutes? Were there any more farms to work on after the one you didn't finish? If there was another farm after the one you left then you should have got the pop up.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 22 2018, 07:23 PM

Post Refreshing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi santmyer,
They don't turn pink until you reload the wall. After you have worked theirs please try refreshing the page.
Hi Taz, I tried refreshing even before I came to the forum to post. It did not make a difference. Now just curious if anyone else is having the same issue.

Old Apr 22 2018, 08:53 PM

I'm having hiring issues, too, so I think it must be something caused by this release - I haven't been having hiring issues until now.

What's happening for me is that I only sporadically get notified if someone has accepted my hire request. What's happened twice now today is that I assumed I didn't have anyone, so I tried to hire someone else - I ended up clicking on 3 people - didn't get confirmations that any had accepted my request so I assumed I didn't have anyone. Each time, I ended up with 2 people on my farm. I always try to hire solo - so not knowing I already have someone is a problem.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread