Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Arrow Quests

Quests

Quests are goals that can be achieved for working and producing products on your own farm.
Prizes are in coins.
These quests are only enabled for users at level 30 or higher.

There is an icon in the extended tool bar (Mystery Dice) that will allow you to accept new Quests. Here are the rules:
  • You can only accept 1 Quest per day (every 20 hrs) and it has to be completed before it expires.
  • The Quests are chosen at random. You must complete the final/last step yourself (1st box shown top left of the Quest). If you do not own the facility required for the final step, you will not be able to complete the quest, you will just have to let the quest expire.
  • You can click on any step that requires a facility to complete and determine what facility is needed for that step.
  • You can have several active Quests at the same time depending on your level, here is the table:
  1. Level 30.....1 Max Active Quests
  2. Level 50.....2 Max Active Quests
  3. Level 100....3 Max Active Quests
  4. Level 150....4 Max Active Quests
  5. Level 200....5 Max Active Quests
- A Quest has several steps. Roll your mouse over each Quest Step to find out what needs to be done. You must complete each step before starting the next.

Quests Social Lifelines: Social Lifelines allows you to complete Quest Steps by interacting with friends. When you are stuck in a Quest you may decide to use a Social Lifeline to help you move forward.

- Click the lifesaver icon in the top right of the quest window. The type of lifeline given to you is random, so you will not know what it is until you have clicked it. For now there will be 3 different kinds of Social Lifelines:-

- Gifting Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by using gifts or ingredients from friends. In this case after you accept the gifts or ingredients you will have to Store them for them to be counted toward your Quest Steps requirements.

Example : If you need an ingredient that can be gifted from the gift page or sent via requesting ingredients from a product in a facility that you own, you can use this lifeline to request the item or exchange a gift for it. Once stored it will count towards your quest.

- Trading Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by trading goods with other farmers in the Market. This will help if you need a basic ingredient that can be bought from another farmer ( e.g. harvested crops, harvested animal products, chopped trees, fish, harvested flowers). You can not buy products made in facilities from another farmer.

- Employee Lifeline - Allows you to complete Quest Steps by working for others in farms or facilities. The product bonuses you get by working for others will count toward your Quest Steps requirements.
This will help if you can gain what you need by being hired to work on a farm or by working a facility to gain the products made in that facility. Example, if the middle part of the quest (not the final step) required a product made in a facility that you do not own yet but a neighbour does, you can work their facility to gain that product for part of your quest.

Lifelines can not be used for the final step of the Quest (1st box shown top left of the Quest). Also, you can only have 1 lifeline in use at any given time.

- You will earn prizes every time you complete a Quest. The Quest will be finished when all its steps are completed. Click the "Collect Coins" button to collect your reward.

The prize in coins will be higher depending on:

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) The level you are on

Earn Farm Cash while completing Quests:
You must collect your coins for each quest completed for them to show on the chart and to open a space for a new quest to be started.
Either earn 1 FarmCash if you have completed at least 3 quests in the last 7 days or earn 2 FarmCash if you have completed at least 8 quests in the last 7 days
Once you get your FarmCash, you'll have to wait at least 7 days to qualify for more FarmCash rewards. In other words, if you play frequently you should be able to win 1 or 2 FarmCash a week.
Please note that quests drop off the chart and are no longer counted exactly 7 days to the second after the last step is completed. If a quest completes at 8:35 AM on a Monday then at 8:35 AM the next Monday it is no longer counted.

For more information on Quests check out that section in the Game Guide http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

FAQs

Q. My quest says i do not have enough of an ingredient to complete a step. My storage shows i have plenty. What do i do?
A. You may have run out of one size of a crop. The data in storage may need to be updated. To do this Exit and reload Farm town. Then try starting the step again.

Q. I have started a step in my facility, but the quest manager shows only 2/10 started?
A. Some quests require you to start more than one batch. Have a look at the step and see how many batches you need to start. If you have more than one of the facility you can start batches in those as well if needed.

Q. I'm getting X025 error when opening the Quest Manager, what can i do?
A. This error tends to clear itself up in up to a few hours, just keep trying every now and then.

IF you are still stuck on a quest and are not sure what to do, post a reply in this thread detailing the quest you are doing and the step you are stuck on and we will do our best to advise you.

To give Feedback on the Quests click on the following link and post a reply there.........
Feedback on Quests

For Suggestions for the Quests click on this one.......
Suggestions for the Quests

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 10 2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 14 2020, 12:55 PM

Default Problem with quest crediting a crop harvested

Hello,

For several days I have been trying to harvest sugarcane for two separate "My Quests" items. (Oddly, and I think unrelated(?), there is also another earlier uncompleted quest in the My Quests in which sugarcane harvest has been checked off.) The other two I have been unable to satisfy. Today I had two fields ready and hired at the job market another person to harvest my crops. After they were done the sugarcane was still not checked off. This has happen at least twice, where I wondered if I had just forgotten to plant the sugarcane, and so replanted it twice in separate fields.

This has happened with other crops in the past, where I believe if I do them myself they are credited, but I don't remember for sure.

Thanks for any help.

Farmtown ID: 1088810164796759
Old Oct 14 2020, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariliz View Post
Hello,

For several days I have been trying to harvest sugarcane for two separate "My Quests" items. (Oddly, and I think unrelated(?), there is also another earlier uncompleted quest in the My Quests in which sugarcane harvest has been checked off.) The other two I have been unable to satisfy. Today I had two fields ready and hired at the job market another person to harvest my crops. After they were done the sugarcane was still not checked off. This has happen at least twice, where I wondered if I had just forgotten to plant the sugarcane, and so replanted it twice in separate fields.

This has happened with other crops in the past, where I believe if I do them myself they are credited, but I don't remember for sure.

Thanks for any help.

Farmtown ID: 1088810164796759
Hi Cariliz,
I moved your post to the subject thread about quests.
The problem is for quests you have to harvest the crops yourself on your own farms. You can not hire someone else to harvest them for you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2020, 02:10 PM

I had no idea. Thank you so much for your quick response. Have a wonderful day!
Old Oct 17 2020, 08:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Not sure if this is the proper place... please move if it is not. I am having trouble when I am SELLING a product that a neighbor needs help on for a cooperative quests. It's *sometimes* charging ME for it as if I am buying their product, not selling them mine. I saw it a few days ago and doubted my own eyes, but I just sold a friend some cumin under their help sticky and it DEDUCTED over 3000 coins from me instead of paying me for selling them MY product.

Also on the quest front, I used the rescue on a personal quest a few days ago and went to the market and bought the crop (cotton), but it did not populate into my quest. I ended up just growing it myself, but it delayed me getting my FT cash and I think I lost one I had already done in the process. Thanks!
Old Oct 17 2020, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
Not sure if this is the proper place... please move if it is not. I am having trouble when I am SELLING a product that a neighbor needs help on for a cooperative quests. It's *sometimes* charging ME for it as if I am buying their product, not selling them mine. I saw it a few days ago and doubted my own eyes, but I just sold a friend some cumin under their help sticky and it DEDUCTED over 3000 coins from me instead of paying me for selling them MY product.

Also on the quest front, I used the rescue on a personal quest a few days ago and went to the market and bought the crop (cotton), but it did not populate into my quest. I ended up just growing it myself, but it delayed me getting my FT cash and I think I lost one I had already done in the process. Thanks!
Hi Yeswehave8,
We have nothing in the data for when you sell something in a quest, so we have no way to check this. The only thing I can suggest is for you to try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

For your quest that you used a life line for please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850

Also, tell us what the quest was for so we can look at the right one.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 17 2020, 09:22 PM
Account Not Linked

I did the clear cache thing and will see if that helps.

The quest has been completed now and I am not sure I remember which one it was, I am sorry. Can I go back and see what I've already completed? I rarely use lifelines and was irritated that it did not work. It is a minor inconvenience now, but hope it's not an ongoing issue. Thanks!
Old Oct 17 2020, 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeswehave8 View Post
I did the clear cache thing and will see if that helps.

The quest has been completed now and I am not sure I remember which one it was, I am sorry. Can I go back and see what I've already completed? I rarely use lifelines and was irritated that it did not work. It is a minor inconvenience now, but hope it's not an ongoing issue. Thanks!

Hi Yeswehave,
You can find all the information about the life lines in the first post of this thread or in the Game Guide chapter 28 about quests:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690

It may have been that you misunderstood what you could do with the one you got. There are 3 different ones and they each allow you to do different things to help you with your quest.
Old Oct 20 2020, 08:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to RosieWolf Send a message via MSN to RosieWolf Send a message via Yahoo to RosieWolf

Can't find my problem anywhere. I harvested Cumin and Peppers this morning for my regular quest, and.. they are not showing as harvested in the quest! This has never happened before! and it's weird! I replanted them, but is this going to happen again????

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0956&farm_ix=0

Hugggggglez and God Bless!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Oct 20 2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieWolf View Post
Can't find my problem anywhere. I harvested Cumin and Peppers this morning for my regular quest, and.. they are not showing as harvested in the quest! This has never happened before! and it's weird! I replanted them, but is this going to happen again????

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0956&farm_ix=0
Hi RosieWolf

I moved your post to the thread about Quests.

Did you harvest the peppers and cumin yourself in your own farm? If you hired another farmer to harvest them, then they will not count for your quest.

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline