Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapai View Post
I know what you mean. But. The other night I worked with a very polite co-worker. And I commented on it. I said I appreciate "name" being such a polite co-worker. The farm owner said she appreciated us working together and not fighting.

If I hire more than one farmer, I ASK them to be polite to one another. If they don't want to, they are welcome to find a mob somewhere else. No problems with greedy farmers at my farm.

And, personally, I do not participate in mob farming. Always someone at the MP will be along hiring eventually. Most FT peeps are good peeps. Avoid those who are not and que sera sera.

If someone needs to be chained down in order not to work out their greed, let them have the harvest and plow too! I don't need it that badly. And take the chains off me, tyvm.

There was no fight at all. Although I sort of guessed what she was thinking. I just thought she was rude to have clicked on my side when she had to whole half of the farm to herself. I didn't say anything to her, but just went to click on her side instead.

I don't need anyone to think that I'm taking all the harvests or the plows. I would always leave some for others.

I don't really like going into a farm where the employer has hired too many workers. Everyone would clidk on any fields that are right in front of others while others are working in that area, and I think it was rude. Like refugees scampering for food or something, and you can't tell them "Hey, don't do that! That's mine!" for the farm does not belong to you. So you stopped in the middle of what you're doing and let them have the fields.

This happens all the time when an employer hires too many people. I have two farms, Farm 1 I would always hire only 1 person, and when this person arrives I always told the person "It's all yours!" so the employee can work in peace and work in their own speed.

My farm 2 has a lot more fields, so I normally hire 2 - 3 workers, and they are all very polite, because there's ample fields for them to work at so they don't have to fight over the harvests or the plows. When I hired two people I always asked them whether they need anymore help, and in many instances they don't, and so they also work peacefully in my farm 2. When I hired 3 people I could see that they were all trying to speed up and go faster than the others. But that's all I would hire for my two farms. I don't hire more than 3 for my farm 2, and farm 1 I always hire 1, so everyone is happy when they do the jobs.

Sandie Angel
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:18 AM
Account Not Linked

This new update sucks. It takes FOREVER to harvest or plow. I want the old farm town back. I think I'm going to give this game up if this continues.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:22 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Harvesting

I hate that you've gone back to the old way of harvesting! I don't have all day to play on FarmTown and the way it was the last several weeks was great because I could just harvest and be done. Now I have to wait for my avatar to get to the next item I want to harvest. And God forbid I try to harvest during a "busy time" because then the avatar moves even slower than before! Please put it back the way it was before!

I'm also wondering since FarmTown has "gone retro" with harvesting, does this mean you've also gone back to the old XP levels? Is it going to take us forever to reach the next level again??

I love this game and I'd hate to have to quit because I no longer have time to wait for the avatar to move around!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:24 AM

I don't mind the new method, it helps those of us that are methodical and I find it really quick. I do LOATHE with a passion the new larger icons though.
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:28 AM

I've been away for 2 weeks because of all the problems with this game. Thought I'd try it out this morning when I saw there were changes. OMG they suck. 2 farms I got hired to and never once got any coins. The only thing my avatar did was wander around saying "WAIT I'M BUSY" or I would click on a field and it was already done. I put myself in a corner and absolutely nothing. The hash mark would show up on just a couple of fields, but I clicked well over 100 times in that corner and only 2 or 3 hash marks showed up. The rest of the time nothing, except WAIT I'M BUSY.

AWFUL, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE.

Thank goodness Christmas is almost over so the developers will quit pushing the decorations and actually work on fixing what was a great game, which is now awful.

I've truly become only a large field 3 day farmer who takes care of their own farm and doesn't hire or hire out.

The changes SUCK!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_fantastico View Post
"Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks."

New message when logged into the game states that the reason for the change was due to lost XP/coins...? Really?

It's not hard to notice that if your coins and XP points are still going up in numbers and accumulating over your avatar's head, don't leave the current farm you're on, or those earned points may not save.
(hitting the "save" button that looks like a small old-school floppy disc may also be a good idea once in awhile, kiddies!)

If you don't realize that, then, uh... oh well. heh
I noticed today when plowing someones field that I was LOSING coins. It was jumping from -5 coins to -145 coins. But it was also giving more exp points. Was the craziest thing. So yes...Really!!! And hitting the save button did no good. So maybe your the one that isn't really paying attention....oh well!
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:36 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Slower than before. Bring the faster harvesting back
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:42 AM

I have no problem with this change, it can be as quick with some sort of system and rhythm.

Are you sure that this is what caused the problem, from what I have found, the loss of coins is not actually a loss to the worker, because the game has some problems synchronising, you can harvest/plough some patches that have already been worked. Ploughing is the obvious one where when you click the patch it turns to the ploughed symbol immediately without the presence of the progress bar. while your current screen might credit the points, when you leave the farm save does not recognise it and the coins are not recorded on your refreshed total. In harvesting it is similar, you see your progress bar on the patch then you see it worked again, your avatar clears your bar but the other remains. Actually when some other worker works a patch you have done and your progress bar is there, you can catch a glimpse of the other worker's bar as it quickly slides along

I am an IS/IT developer and have had an interest in the game and trying to see how best to use its functionality, I like the clever farms and those who develop a system to working.

Cheers John
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:53 AM

Hhhhmmmm so we've gone back to the old way...click, stop, I'm waiting....it'd be ok if it had sorted the glitches of lost XP/coins, but it hasn't...I've just done two farms this old way and didn't get fully paid on both of them.....and what does the message at the top of the screen mean?....they're going back permantly to the old old way or they're going back to the old new way?

Obviously old old and old new only makes sense to when you started playing the game!

I'd find it hard to believe that the popular demand they're on about is the old old way!

And my plough stopped working half way through! Never had that happen before.

Sorry if the above post is duplicated...I'd not seen this one...I'd just like to add...I saw mention of hired workers that harvest/plough willy nilly...stompers I call them...and this is one reason for this 'new' way? these stompers are in the minority, they're basically ignorant people and I hate them with a passion...it'd of been a lot better if you could bring out a tool so that we can boot them off our farms...they not only mess it up for others you may have hired but they mess it up for ourselves as we can't plant until they've gone!...Bring out a 'sod off my farm you ignorant, greedy, little get button'

Merry Christmas everyone x
Old Dec 23 2009, 05:54 AM

Default we have to remember nothing is perfect

I play this game just about twice daily in fact i reached level 60 yesterday. I notice small gliches only once in a while and usually they work themselves out by the next time I play. I think that given the amount of things that we are asking farm town to actually do it's a fantastic game! Biggest improvement for me was the ability to choose to hire for just crops, or both crops and trees. Mostly because I hated hearing people complain that someone harvested their trees. Yesterday my friend noticed he had major problems harvesting, having to do one square at a time. I remember when that was the only option! And I think I made it 27 levels doing it that way (way back when!) Thank you for this game. Keep trying to improve it, and we will all be understanding that sometimes problems arise!
Closed Thread