Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 22 2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Crystal,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support thread about game running slow. If you are having to click several times to get the tool and go to get the seed you want to plant and then several times to get them to plant, that tells me your mouse is not working right. This game is hard on mice because of the amount of clicking which ends up wearing out the left mouse button. I just had to replace mine for the same reason.
If this mouse is wireless please replace the battery and see if that helps. If it is not do you have a different mouse you can try to see if that works. If it does then you may need to replace your mouse.
I found out yesterday it only seems to be happening when I have the farm expanded not when in standard mode. It has nothing to do with my mouse.
Old Jan 25 2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This thread is reporting problems with the game running slow. Please read the following information before posting in this thread.

Things that are known to cause the game to run slower.

Too many animals on a farm (not in buildings)
Layering (includes trees/flowers/buildings on top of crops)
Overlapping crops (staggering)
Having multiple tabs open or a lot of background programs running can slow the game down.
Your internet may also run slower at certain times of the day depending on usage etc..
Having more than one farm town account opened on the same computer.
Browser problems.
Flash Player problems.
Farm Town Server problems.
Game updates.

What you can do to speed up the game

Reduce the number of animals running loose on the farm.
Remove layering
Remove staggered crops
Try and keep to a minimum the number of tabs you have open and background programs running.

When working facilities for others, try hiding everything in preference options (trees/buildings flowers etc).
Try using low-resolution in your flash player setting. (to do this :- with the mouse pointer on your farm, right click the mouse , click on quality and select low)

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

This is not a mouse issue, this only happens when the farm is expanded and not at the regular window size.
Old Jan 25 2021, 09:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
This is not a mouse issue, this only happens when the farm is expanded and not at the regular window size.
Hi Crystal,
I am not sure what to tell you then. I can not duplicate what you are saying is happening.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 05 2021, 01:13 PM

was wondering why everything is so slow, to do anything on the farm? ...to open facilities and use also? ....just evrything is super slow. will it be faster later on?
Old Apr 05 2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redball View Post
was wondering why everything is so slow, to do anything on the farm? ...to open facilities and use also? ....just evrything is super slow. will it be faster later on?
Hi redball

I moved your post to the thread for your problem.

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread and try the suggestions given there.
Old Apr 07 2021, 08:54 PM
Account Not Linked

Default farmtown slow to open

I checked my bandwidth speed and it was over 10 m/sec. I cleared my browser history and did memcache cleaner. However the farm town game took a very long time to open. Crops and ponds are all that are open using the wrench.
Old Apr 07 2021, 08:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
I checked my bandwidth speed and it was over 10 m/sec. I cleared my browser history and did memcache cleaner. However the farm town game took a very long time to open. Crops and ponds are all that are open using the wrench.
Hi Rockcandymountain,
I moved your post to the subject thread about running slow.
When you clear your browser cache, you are deleting all the graphics for the game. So whenyou start your farms then it hasto download all those graphics again. That is why it is slow loading.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 08 2021, 11:56 AM
Account Not Linked

I hadnt cleared the browser cache prior to the slow loading issue. Again this morning it is loading very slowly. In excess of 30 seconds to load completely. I was just curious if this was a wide spread issue or something due to non optimal bandwidth on my end.
Old Apr 08 2021, 12:43 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
I hadnt cleared the browser cache prior to the slow loading issue. Again this morning it is loading very slowly. In excess of 30 seconds to load completely. I was just curious if this was a wide spread issue or something due to non optimal bandwidth on my end.
Hi rockcandymountain,

Taz is not available at the moment.

If this is a problem you've had from the start and using compressed graphics has not helped enough for that then you may be stuck with the types of farms that are heavy with a lot of items on them, perhaps layered and overlapped waters, being slower to load than a lighter farm that doesn't have so many items on it.

If this is a new problem and these are your farms and you haven't added any more to them, then you could just be having a temporary slowdown somewhere in one of the many links needed to get to the game which will resolve when whoever owns the link with the slowdown, sees it, finds the problem and fixes it.

If you've had your browser open for hours with the game loaded. I would first try just closing the browser for a few minutes and see if that helps so it can gain back the memory it was using but no longer needs, and see if that makes any difference, but if it is due to a slow connection somewhere that's not going to help.

I've just loaded over 20 of your farms with all workable items showing and they all loaded in a couple of seconds including the one you have wall to wall overlapped waters on, so I'm not seeing any problems with the server your farms are on as being a possible cause.

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow saving