Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 09 2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueripper@gmail.com View Post
I think I would have taken her name and the name of her farm and made a complaint against her - there is absolutely no reason for that kind of language anywhere or anytime!!
I really sorry that you had to be verbally assaulted like that. I too would not be able to hack into anyone's computer and even if I could, I'm sure it would take longer than the time it took to harvest her crops. She sounds like she did not take her be calm pills that morning.
LOL - I think she needed a whole lot more than calm pills. I wonder if she treats the people in her regular life that same way ??

Old Sep 09 2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueripper@gmail.com View Post
I think I would have taken her name and the name of her farm and made a complaint against her - there is absolutely no reason for that kind of language anywhere or anytime!!
I really sorry that you had to be verbally assaulted like that. I too would not be able to hack into anyone's computer and even if I could, I'm sure it would take longer than the time it took to harvest her crops. She sounds like she did not take her be calm pills that morning.
the only way to report a person is to click on their avatar and click report.. simply just writing down the farm name and avatar name would not help identify the person since user and farm names are not unique 100 people could have the same names and not know it.. its also easy to change
Old Sep 09 2010, 09:59 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I would have left the farm after the first "WTF."
Old Sep 09 2010, 10:16 AM

I would've kept harvesting ALL the flowers....and then ended with JESUS LOVES YOU.

You're right, I REALLY think this person just wanted to fight with someone.

Sadly, an "abuse" button would likely be abused....but that is why so many people are so ugly in chatroom-like atmospheres.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Sep 09 2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by servocrow View Post
I would've kept harvesting ALL the flowers....and then ended with JESUS LOVES YOU.

You're right, I REALLY think this person just wanted to fight with someone.

Sadly, an "abuse" button would likely be abused....but that is why so many people are so ugly in chatroom-like atmospheres.
i like the way you think lol. gave me a little giggle but at the same time its a great way to end it.. (note: a happy giggle)
Old Sep 09 2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Old2Farm View Post
I would have left the farm after the first "WTF."
Me too!! You know, in the same way that you're supposed to hang up on a dirty phone caller immediatley without responding. It's possible tthe issue wasn't about harvesting flowers at all....the person who hired might just get their jollies through verbal abuse. I've had farmers who've worked on my farm leave "dirty" messages before they left, and I'd done nothing to encourage or incite it.
Old Sep 09 2010, 04:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I think you're right Lily. I was once hired from the MP, and when I finished harvesting I asked, "May I plow pls?" The farmer replied, "No, get the hell off my farm!" So much for that.
Old Sep 09 2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
I'm not sure whre this post belongs, its not really a social topic, nor is it a help topic. I trust that the mods will move this if its in the right spot, but ask them to tell me where it went.

I was harvesting for someone this afternoon, She had hired me to do crops and flowers. I did the crops first and started the flowers. Well did this person not go totally crazy, started yelling and calling me every name she could think of at that second. It went like this:

Her: WTF are you doing (insert c and s words in here)
Me: excuse me?
Her: Are you stupid or dumb?
Me: what??
Her: can't you tell the difference between flowers and trees
Me: (still clueless as to why she is so mad) last time i checked I was able to tell the difference with ease
Her: ok than why are you chopping my ******* flowers you dumb ****
Me: you hired me for crops and flowers not trees, otherwise I wouldn't be able to chop the flowers
Her: you stunned b****, I know what I hired you for
Me: ok then what's the problem?
Her: I am going to report you for hacking into my computer and changing my request...you dumb, stupid (insert curse here again) cow. They will track your IP and you will be banned from FT and f/b for being a hacker
Me: ok well if you feel thats what you need to do than feel free (I left)

Obvioulsy she didn't realize she hired me for flowers, or maybe she did and just wanted to fight with someone. Either way, PLEASE watch what you are hiring for, It might take and extra 1-2 secs to make sure but please do it anyway. I so did not need that **** and nobody else does either. take that 1-2 secs and read. I did NOT hack into anyones computer (I am not smart enough to know how, in all honesty. lol) As far as I see it, it's her own fault,had she of taken the time to read it wouldn't have happened I stopped when she started yelling, so now she has some chopped and others not, I can only imagine what she said when she reported me lol.

This is a great point - and a good reminder for those times that any of us may accidentally click the wrong button (when we're in a hurry, distracted, having a blond or slydexic (dyslexic) moment or just brain farted). Please make sure that if there is a specific item that you do not want harvested, that you double check what selection you make when you are hiring someone.

Please keep the OPs post on topic about:

Quote:
Either way, PLEASE watch what you are hiring for, It might take and extra 1-2 secs to make sure but please do it anyway.
Otherwise, this thread may be merged into the Hiring Discussions Thread in Social.

Another point - if she managed to click on the OP, choose report, and fill out a report before the OP left, what would she have said? "This person harvested flowers" ... not a reportable issue (harassment, extremely offensive swearing, etc.) where the OP actually may have had a more reportable issue (though with swearing and rudeness, the Ignore feature is best used).

Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Sep 09 2010, 09:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

Please keep the OPs post on topic about:
Otherwise, this thread may be merged into the Hiring Discussions Thread in Social.

PSST That thread was moved to this section.
]

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.

Last edited by JAS0643; Sep 09 2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old Sep 09 2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
PSST That thread was moved to this section.
Yes, but this thread has not been merged into the other one.