Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 24 2016, 06:36 PM

I not sure if this is a issue when i am working my friends ship i click on buttons the window comes up it tells me 1hr 32m when i close the window it stops the work am i doing it wrong
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:40 PM

never mind figured it out
Old Dec 24 2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubes View Post
My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.
I'd like to know the answer to this, too!!

And does an unattended ship stay in that neighbor's port for one day, or for the entire time before it's due??

Last edited by bruhelmboldt; Dec 24 2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubes View Post
My hubby had a neighbor who send a ship in his port, so I helped him to load it, then he asked a question I haven't been able to fine, probably missing it. When we load a ship in our port for the neighbor, do we get anything from the mayor too? Merry Christmas.
Hi bayoubes,
I would love to answer your question definatively, but I have not loaded any ships in my port yet. I can say that I don't think you do. They only way you get any goods is to buy a ship yourself and send it out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to KRenee

so far i'm not having any luck with the ships my first ship is stuck on the first port....my second one is stuck on the first port on someone who isn't even on my friend list, so is not my neighbor....so i will wait patiently for the developers to fix this problem....i really enjoy the game.....

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...4871&farm_ix=Y

Farming since September 7, 2011........
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:11 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
just want to add... the person who buys the ship, spends up to 10 hours of their time preparing the containers ( does ALL THE HARD WORK) reaps the reward of their labor when the ship returns, hopefully after a successful voyage.. Now, the people who get a ship in their port to load, spend about 5 seconds loading it to send it on.. isn't helping your neighbor a big enough reward for so little effort, ducking my head now to avoid the rocks thrown.. LOL
It's a nice sentiment. However, personally - just thinking in terms of how to motivate people to keep the game going smoothly - I'd like to see those who help get something "in addition" to the warm, fuzzies of helping a neighbor.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Karen,
That happens currently if you are their neighbor but they aren't your neighbor. In that case they are loaded and moved on to next port.
I just had this happen. It's a bit disconcerting. How do I find out if I'm someone's neighbor but they're not mine? I could add them if I knew - but I don't know how to get that info.

At least I finally got to help someone. I guess! LOL

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 24 2016, 09:47 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

my cargo ship has visited 18 ports successfully so far, and here is some info on the products each container is carrying so far..
Ore, Rocks and Minerals 154,715
Factory Ingredients Container 6,921
Food Container 9,615
Crops, Fruit and Flowers 4,645
Metal Sheets 3,479
Liquid Factory Ingredients 2,409
Lumbers and Logs 2,557
Textile Rolls and Yarns 2,295
Fish and Shellfish 2,038
Animal Products 142
The ship will return in 5 days or after collecting from the remaining 12 ports.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 24 2016, 10:11 PM

Ok, time to for me to weigh in. First of all, to all the Developers. Awesome job on the ships. Its great to have a challenge.

Today it took me about 8 hrs to get 10 containers ready. I would start a container, leave the computer, come back later and click o the next container. Total time I spent getting my first ship out to sea was about 10 minutes. NOT 10 hrs like a lot of people are saying it takes them.

As far as a ship sitting at a neighbors port and that nrighbor not working it? Drop that neighbor if its not working for you. If i have a neighbor who work my crops and doesn't move my ship, then i have a choice to make.