Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Scully View Post
I think they have fixed it, the problem with getting charged for others plowing on the farm you are hired to work seems to have stopped,,,,,,,,,,,,and i don't seem to be having as many time outs as earlier either which is fantastic, hope the time outs remain minimal as that is my biggest frustration with the game.

Thanks very much everyone,,, Happy New Year to you all.
I think you're confused. The problem isn't/wasn't "others" being charged for a farm you plowed, it was YOU being charged (instead of being credited for) plowing the farm.

Anyway, glad you are not experiencing as many time-outs. :-)

And a Happy, HEALTHY New Year to you, and everyone else reading this as well.
Old Dec 31 2009, 09:49 AM
Account Not Linked

Cool Well done

NICE

KUDOS to the programmer who fine tuned the protocols
and
got rid of
"Already done".

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last edited by capricorn1; Dec 31 2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old Dec 31 2009, 09:49 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

No i was getting charged for plowing when on someone elses farm even though i was not plowing nor was it my farm, not confused but maybe my previous post was confusing.

I have however spoke to soon about the TIME OUT it is still bad grrrrrrrrr.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 31 2009, 09:54 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Scully View Post
No i was getting charged for plowing when on someone elses farm even though i was not plowing nor was it my farm, not confused but maybe my previous post was confusing.
When you go back to your farm, you should get the money back.
Old Dec 31 2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
If more than one person is plowing it will deduct from you..and the more there is plowing the more ur being deducted...i wasnt even plowing and in the room and it was deducting from me..or as soon as someone started plowing it was deducting from me...please fix...
Yup. It's either in the game code, or as others have suggested, it's a server issue in that the servers can't keep up with, or properly track, multiple workers.

Which is WHY I've been BEGGING for the developers to TEMPORARILY limit hires to one person per harvest/plow session until they can figure out what the problem is. But hey? What do I know, right? Well I know THIS:

If I only hire one worker at a time, there's never a problem with workers getting properly credited for coins/xps on either of my farms.

By the way? I'm level 60 and have 2 farms, both maxed out real estate wise.
Old Dec 31 2009, 10:25 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I appreciate the new update so I can see what others have plowed. And despite problems, for me at least, it IS better than the pre-12/22 version. I understand it is hard to please everyone, and I appreciate your efforts to continually improve the game. Slow pt accumulation seems to be my only lingering problem. But at least I can hire workers again and work other farms. I was about ready to give up; now I'll keep trying. Thanks.
Old Dec 31 2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita rose View Post
I appreciate the new update so I can see what others have plowed. And despite problems, for me at least, it IS better than the pre-12/22 version. I understand it is hard to please everyone, and I appreciate your efforts to continually improve the game. Slow pt accumulation seems to be my only lingering problem. But at least I can hire workers again and work other farms. I was about ready to give up; now I'll keep trying. Thanks.
In your first sentence above, I bet you meant to say HARVESTED, not plowed. Now go back to the market or ask a neighbor if you can PLOW a farm. Keep an eye on your coins xp's and report back as to whether they go up or down, and whether or not you were the ONLY one plowing at the time.

Last edited by farmergaylord; Dec 31 2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old Dec 31 2009, 10:45 AM

No problems so far worked a few farms much better thank you for all the hard work you put into this game I don't see any timeout messages so thats good have a happy new years.

Sarah Meinhardt
Old Dec 31 2009, 10:50 AM
Account Not Linked

I get hired to harvest, and within 30 plots of harvest, the connection to server is lost and the box is in the middle of the screen. So, in order for me to continue harvesting, I have to work around the box-maddening! Then, sometimes, I can be hired to plow and sometimes not-but again the connection to server box is in the middle of the screen. If I try to save-it takes forever!!!!!
Old Dec 31 2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks guys for the fix!!

So far ...after last night's/this morning's goof ups....everything is peachy!

I hired a gal to harvest a small plot at my farm with small issue (mainly just the speed of click, reward, avatar) and when I have harvested at other's farms it's been great too! (tho I haven't harvested/plowed in a large group as of yet. Perhaps people are sticking to hiring one person for now considering)

Whatever you did it's all GRAND! THANKS!!!!

Peas Out

PS....oddly enough I just got a job with a large group. The hiring farmer hired two to harvest and two to plow. The game went slow the whole time ....but....every plot I clicked was mine and was duly rewarded for and there was none of that 'already done' or overlapping or anything!

Last edited by The Spicy Pickle; Dec 31 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread