Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2010, 02:30 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I KEEP GETTING RELOAD GAME. i cleaned out my browser so it's not that. Also I still have to wait for my coins when I'm done harvesting. I love this game and play it everyday almost 24 hrs a day.HOPE U CAN FIX THIS COIN THING.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 02 2010, 03:49 PM

I think the "already done" problem has been fixed, at least mostly. I just finished a harvesting job with another worker, and I did not get a single "already done" message, even though I harvested right along the edge of what the other worker was doing.

I'll have to see what happens with many other workers. I am sure that there is no way to eliminate this problem completely (someone can always click on a square a second or two before I do), but as long as it is minimal I am happy.
Old Jan 02 2010, 03:53 PM

on server WF51 and WF31...Time outs are continuously and I loose all my points for plowing and coins for harvesting. Please fix this issue.
Old Jan 02 2010, 05:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Default No Fun

Welp. It's not fun again yet. It is way TOO SLOW.

The morning of 12/22 before the new concept release, the game was faster than I had ever seen it. Now it is unbearable.

My production has been cut by more than a half. It's just not fun any more either! It takes 3x longer to do anything.

Feedback: Only a minority of the players seem amused by the new jumping avatars. (I play other games with teleport, and sorry this is not it.) It doesn't add any speed to the game overall. And since it coincided with the death march pace of late, I'm inclined to think the jumping avatar is responsible for the complete loss of speed and FUN.

I'm missing Sims2. Sorry you couldn't get it together. Just cannot compete with my other games any more.

eta: I timed out twice while planting my field. Timed out while plowing but didn't know for an undetermined amount of time. I was ready to cut and run because I could not stand it any longer! When I clicked "save", it told me CONNECTION TO SERVER TIME OUT! It couldn't tell me that when it happened. Fortunately, I was able to finish for that neighbor. However, I split before it finished paying. It's BORING. And embarrassing.

There was nothing wrong with the way it used to pay. On CLICKS. And yes, someone did come steal my plow squares last night. It was at a neighbors and some guy came late. They could not see that I had every square marked! That never happened before Dark Tuesday (12/22).

Last edited by Sapai; Jan 02 2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: clarify
Old Jan 02 2010, 06:53 PM

I'm not sure when this came into play, as i havent played for the past few days, but all of a sudden, harvesting stinks. I've been to several farms today, and its all the same... I can click away just as its been for quite some time, but the collection of the coinds (and xp when plowing) goes extremely slow... Its like before, when I could que up all of the plots, and my little lady would do her own thing and collect on her own pace. But the difference is that now I cant leave the farm until everything is collected. I never had any trouble before with losing coins or xp, and I doubt I will now, since I dont even have the option of leaving the farm until its completed. And by completed, all the coins/xp have been collected, not just harvesting or plowing. This is quite annoying especially on the larger farms. If anyone could fix this, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks Dev's for continuing to try to make this the best game it can be. Your hard work is deffinately appreciated!!
Old Jan 02 2010, 07:53 PM

I had this same problem 6 times today...is this FB problem or is it our computers?? Don't know ..any ideas about that?
Old Jan 02 2010, 08:25 PM

I love the new updates, they are great and make everything so fast. Are they going to add some valentines day items soon and get rid of the christmas stuff? Also I have 750,053 experience points, does the game ever end or what ???
Old Jan 02 2010, 08:57 PM

S-l-o-w tonight........realllllly slow

i have aged at least 10 years waiting for someone to harvest my farm...
Old Jan 02 2010, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by VousDeux View Post
With regards to the server time out issue...I was on a friends farm this morning, not to harvest, not to plow, but just watering flowers. I noticed that a couple of flowers had been missed somehow, so I went back to click them again. Instead of the usual messages either saying +2 or "flowers can only be watered once..." it just said "saving." After clicking these flowers three times I was timed out from the server. So, it had nothing to do with how fast, how slow, or how accurate I was clicking.

I realize that this "saving" function and the server time out message must be part of the solution to the complaints of people losing coins and XP while working. However my problem with this solution is that when you click the green tick to acknowledge this time out it kicks you out of the job.

I've found that I can work around this by using the green plug to disconnect from the mainframe, then use the red plug to reconnect to the mainframe. Once I have returned to online mode I click like I'm going to rename the farm...then when I acknowledge that I can only rename my own farm, the server time out dialog is gone and I can continue to work.

If the server time out is a necessary evil, why not fix it so that the green tick doesn't kick you off of the job? Why not just have it disconnect from the mainframe, and reconnect to the mainframe so we can keep working?

No. This is not new. I posted about it, but was deleted after redirect to a thread about SAVING. It is not about SAVING. It is about watering flowers.

What I've discovered is the 'saving' message appears if the coins have not been paid for the last watered batch. They HAVE moved the coin count to the water square instead of the avatar, and that helps see if it is paying. But this is nothing new at all.

*** Fewer and fewer people are giving feedback. I think we've lost interest. This is the third attempt at an obviously flawed concept. imo

Last edited by Sapai; Jan 02 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jan 02 2010, 09:48 PM

I had difficulty hiring my neighbor to harvest (including the trees) yesterday. We both exited out of FT and Facebook but I still couldn't complete the hiring process. Finally I chose the harvest option without trees and it went right through. I haven't seen this particular problem before.
Closed Thread