Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 08 2010, 08:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Talking experience points

experience points..i am at level 60, as would numerous others...whats going to happen now...the experience points slider is sliding rather slow....are there going to be any more added features to enable this slider to take the levels up more
Old Jan 08 2010, 08:32 PM

Thank you developers for working on our issues. I do understand this is beta and will try to explain my issues so you can continue to make this the best game ever. I'm level 60 with 24M coins, 685,243 xps, and two full farms (love the manor by the way)

Currently on server WF14 (previously on WF54)

Upgrade 4 (1-7-2010 7:12pm) has still not addressed the major comments and my issues on the slowness of the calculating of harvesting/plowing.

My avatar still speeds through the work. The farmer that hired me can see I am going fast. The video between us is accurate (almost to the exact plot). I can completely plant my 1st or 2nd farm (800 ish plots each) in about 2 minutes. As soon as I have planted the last one and hit save (even with 2/3 of farm in que) I can leave and everything is saved.

But when I am at another's farm, the coins/xps take forever. I click through the farm and then sit frozen anywhere from 20-30 minutes while the tally slowly drips up. It gets slower the more I do even though I see "saving" dripping up every 8 seconds (even if we are on the same server).

I have done ALL the recommended changes, have minimal processes running, 3G RAM, Quad Core Processor, Hughes satellite connection, and clear cache each time.

I cannot figure why for some the upgrade is excellent and yet for some of us it is worst. Please let us know if you are still working on the calculating issues of harvesting/plowing. Everything else (time outs, etc) for me has been resolved.
Old Jan 09 2010, 01:10 AM

First, just want to say thank you for the awesome game; glitches, bugs, and all. I love every minute of this game.

I don't know if it's related to this last update, but I've notice a lot more of the server timed out things than I have seen in awhile. Kinda reminds me of when I started playing this last summer/fall.

It's extremely worse on my MS farms. I have four of them. Ummm, I mean I play on mine, my daughters, my mom's, and my dogs profiles. LOL I would never have more than one profile.

Anyway, like I said, MS is very bad for me. I don't know which server(s) I'm on. I will try to remember to look next time I sign in.

I've experienced more time outs on FB since this update too, just not nearly as bad as MS.

Also--the saving on MS has gotten extremely slower. It's always has been slower than FB, but since the second or third update to this release, it has only gotten worse.

Other than this, no other problems I've experience out of the norm. Thanks for all your hard work!

Proud Mommy of an autistic daughter!

It's not autism.... It's AWEtism!

My Facebook Farm:

Visit Hoosier Homestead

Old Jan 09 2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn_1956 View Post
experience points..i am at level 60, as would numerous others...whats going to happen now...the experience points slider is sliding rather slow....are there going to be any more added features to enable this slider to take the levels up more
As has been noted several times before, the developers are concentrating their efforts on squashing bugs at present, so I doubt we will see new levels any time soon.
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." (Romans 1:16).
Old Jan 09 2010, 09:20 AM

WF2 here. No changes here - same complaints I've been voicing since November.

When I work on my farm, I fly along. When I hire someone else to work on my farm they fly along.

However, when I get hired to plow or harvest --- it's as bad now as it's been since the original update in November, that screwed it all up to begin with.

And I'm sorry to be rude, but if I get told one more time to clear the cache, uninstall/reinstall the flasher player, turn off everything in the background (I've even got my lights turned off at this point), reboot the computer --- well.... Too many computer gurus over the years have said when we hear those types of words, it's all a cop out -- it simply means that the person telling us to do those things, doesn't have a clue what's wrong or why. How about an honest - we don't know what's causing the problem or why - that would be preferable over the empty words thrown our way to shut us up and make us go away.

This was a fun game back when it started, now, I can feel myself dying every minute I try to play.
Old Jan 09 2010, 10:16 AM

I hired the same neighbour as before to harvest then plough both of my farms. This time he was so much quicker. There were no problems trying to re-hire him and when I returned to both farms everything had stayed 'done'. Thank you very much for the improvements.
Old Jan 09 2010, 01:53 PM

All I know is way back in '84 or so I took a computer programming class in college and decided that stuff was for someone else.

Thank you developers for this awesome game. It is computers so there will be glitches...in fact, I timed out for the first time today...imagine my surprise...lol
Old Jan 09 2010, 02:40 PM

The problems are far from being resolved . yep the avatar moves but it's the counter that is too slow to count, we are stuck there forever.
Old Jan 09 2010, 03:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by April306 View Post
I have noticed that everytime I hire someone to plow coins are deducted even if they don't accept..........is this being looked into?
We do have an official thread you should post in: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284722
Old Jan 09 2010, 06:20 PM

i have complained about losing points and coins many times...i have complained about the huge harvest tool and numbers flying all over me while working.. i have complained about the many time outs that are happening now..

I want to say that i love the smaller harvest tool... THANKS..
Still the numbers are flying around me but i find if i move backwards i can see better... so i fixed that for me..
The time outs are not as often , but still happen every day i play .. have found that sometimes if i click on the green plug and click it again.. then save a few times .. the time out box will go away ... sometimes not and i lose the job..

Thanks for trying... love this game.. FB user...

and look forward to being able to buy a 3rd farm.. !
Closed Thread