Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 07 2019, 06:52 AM

This morning while working on quest I used the help and got the one that allows me to work on others farms or facilities which I did. Problem the cotton harvested showed up in the quest but the flax I harvested on my super neighbors farm did not. The only other crop was soy but I'm planting that
Old Mar 07 2019, 07:06 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesallysanctus View Post
This morning while working on quest I used the help and got the one that allows me to work on others farms or facilities which I did. Problem the cotton harvested showed up in the quest but the flax I harvested on my super neighbors farm did not. The only other crop was soy but I'm planting that
Hi littlesallysanctus,

How many flax did your quest ask for and how many did you harvest? You only get 10% of what you harvest so for one flax you would need to harvest 10.

If you harvested enough and it still didn't count after a reload, Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try getting hired to harvest some again. Try harvesting just the 10 and check your quest to see if it counted, if it still doesn't run memcache again and try again.

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Mar 07 2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old Mar 15 2019, 01:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Had outage which has set back my quests. They finish in 4 hours but will only have time to start 2nd last facility by then...can I still collect my FC if I complete them tonight even though I haven't started last facility by the collect time?
Old Mar 19 2019, 11:35 AM

I completed every step on my quest to produce 10 Tea Kettles. Every box is green checked and complete, but, the Cookware Facility tells me I need to produce the steps I have already completed. Is this a glitch, or are quests just a pure waste of time? This is the second time I've encountered this in 3 days trying to do quests. WHAT GIVES?
Old Mar 19 2019, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas2 View Post
I completed every step on my quest to produce 10 Tea Kettles. Every box is green checked and complete, but, the Cookware Facility tells me I need to produce the steps I have already completed. Is this a glitch, or are quests just a pure waste of time? This is the second time I've encountered this in 3 days trying to do quests. WHAT GIVES?
Hi Legolas,
You do not have any tea kettles in storage. If you produced those in the factory then to load them in the service facility you need to store the ones you made. Then you can load them to the service. They do not store themselves.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 19 2019, 12:34 PM

No, it tells me that I don't have the ingredients, ie.....stainless steel sheet, plastic granules, red ink (dye). But I produced them yesterday and they are green checked. Earlier I bought the farm cash to purchase the Cookware factory. I have tried loading it to make the 8 tea kettles and it says I need the above noted ingredients......which I completed last night. I thought at first, even after downloading my FC receipt that I needed to first refresh the game, and even logged out of facebook altogether. Back on and I'm getting the same instructions to load ingredients I have already completed, again, as noted by the green checked steps, showing completed.

I was in error stating that it had been 3 days having "glitch" problems with quests. It was actually 4 days.
Old Mar 19 2019, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No, it tells me that I don't have the ingredients, ie.....stainless steel sheet, plastic granules, red ink (dye). But I produced them yesterday and they are green checked. Earlier I bought the farm cash to purchase the Cookware factory. I have tried loading it to make the 8 tea kettles and it says I need the above noted ingredients......which I completed last night. I thought at first, even after downloading my FC receipt that I needed to first refresh the game, and even logged out of facebook altogether. Back on and I'm getting the same instructions to load ingredients I have already completed, again, as noted by the green checked steps, showing completed.

I was in error stating that it had been 3 days having "glitch" problems with quests. It was actually 4 days.
Hi Legolas,
That is because you have none of the ingredients you listed in your storage. You have produced the ingredients in the facilities for those, but you have not stored them or you stored them and used them somewhere else. You have to have the Stainless steal, Plastic pellets and Red pigment in your storage to start the production of the tea kettle.
You get the green check when you produce those items, but they do not automatically store themselves. You must store them and then start the product you need to produce. Those ingredients you made for this quest are not held in reserve for the quest. If you have none to store in the facilities thenyou will have to produce them again, store them and then use them to start the tea kettle.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 19 2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Legolas,
That is because you have none of the ingredients you listed in your storage. You have produced the ingredients in the facilities for those, but you have not stored them or you stored them and used them somewhere else. You have to have the Stainless steal, Plastic pellets and Red pigment in your storage to start the production of the tea kettle.
You get the green check when you produce those items, but they do not automatically store themselves. You must store them and then start the product you need to produce. Those ingredients you made for this quest are not held in reserve for the quest. If you have none to store in the facilities thenyou will have to produce them again, store them and then use them to start the tea kettle.
I appreciate the quick response Taz. It's just an opinion (lol.....we all know about THOSE little things.), but, once steps are complete for the quest and checked off the lists of ingredients to produce, that should be a fixed/locked credit. Even before posting here I had restarted the processes for each quest step, so, they're already well underway.

Just as our purchasing of FC, once the transaction is complete........it's complete and the process doesn't need a do-over. The quest steps, since it involves, at times, cash purchases of FC, should already be finalized once the step is complete. Nothing we do with our storage should affect their status of being complete. ONLY expiration of the timed quests should result in completed steps being forfeited.
Old Mar 19 2019, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I appreciate the quick response Taz. It's just an opinion (lol.....we all know about THOSE little things.), but, once steps are complete for the quest and checked off the lists of ingredients to produce, that should be a fixed/locked credit. Even before posting here I had restarted the processes for each quest step, so, they're already well underway.

Just as our purchasing of FC, once the transaction is complete........it's complete and the process doesn't need a do-over. The quest steps, since it involves, at times, cash purchases of FC, should already be finalized once the step is complete. Nothing we do with our storage should affect their status of being complete. ONLY expiration of the timed quests should result in completed steps being forfeited.
Hi Legolas,
You would still need to store the items before you can use them for further steps. There isn't any automatic storage.

You are asking for a separate storage for the quest items and that can't be done as they are the same as the other production. There is no way to distinguish what a batch is completed for.
Old Mar 19 2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Legolas,
You would still need to store the items before you can use them for further steps. There isn't any automatic storage.

You are asking for a separate storage for the quest items and that can't be done as they are the same as the other production. There is no way to distinguish what a batch is completed for.
BTW.........really love some of your farms. Fantastic creativity.

I will have to respectfully disagree. There's nothing stopping the developers from building an automatic deduction FROM storage for the items produced for quests, with-in the existing platform. Once each stage is complete and the game checks your complete steps, there's nothing preventing a couple lines of code to make that transaction/process complete and automatically remove the items from normal storage to the quest. Once we click on "accept quest" we're virtually playing a game with-in a game. Once each step is complete those ingredients shouldn't exist outside the parameters of the quest format itself

Perhaps you can ask a SlashKey employee, maybe Rob, to address that with others in development.

Tags
completed quest, employee lifeline, farm cash, farmcash claim, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, quest, quest expires, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quest time remaining, quest time to make item, quest x025, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline, trading