Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 27 2018, 03:00 AM

Thanks so much for the new levels and Farm Cash - when we get to Level 1000 I think we should get a HUGE bonus for being so loyal. Seriously love this game and the way the Devs listen and respond.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Feb 27 2018 at 05:02 AM.
Old Feb 27 2018, 06:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Taz, I must have logged in right before the fix. Everything is working fine, so glad! Thanks!!
Old Feb 27 2018, 08:54 AM

This is a first for me and I don't know if it has anything to do with the new update but loading 12X12 farm 22 with no plantings on it my farm suddenly reloaded with this message across the top when it was finished; "this webpage was reloaded because it was using significant memory". Only one other tab was open and that was my mail. Could anyone tell me why or what happened and is it associated with the game at all. Thanks
Old Feb 27 2018, 10:57 AM

I found the new auto-select tool to be a real pain. I know better than it does when I want to chop, harvest and which size tool I want to use. So I have turned it off. I am back to being a happy farmer.
Old Feb 27 2018, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
This is a first for me and I don't know if it has anything to do with the new update but loading 12X12 farm 22 with no plantings on it my farm suddenly reloaded with this message across the top when it was finished; "this webpage was reloaded because it was using significant memory". Only one other tab was open and that was my mail. Could anyone tell me why or what happened and is it associated with the game at all. Thanks
Hi bjyhey,
There is more on the page than just your farms. The stuff on the right side is loaded by Facebook. If you are getting ads over there then it is possible for an ad to use too much memory. I doubt it was your 12x12 farm with no plantings on it would use up enough memory for your browser to reload due to memory useage. I have my doubts that it will happen again. I monitor my memory use and do see the amount used as you go from farm to farm or open and close other tabs like Facebook and email go up. The browsers don't always clear memory even when you close tabs. Only thing you can do in that case is close your browser and wait a minute or two to let the memory clear.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 27 2018, 12:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

As usual, I'm not sure where to put this but I know the Admins will move it to the correct area.

When farming a field, I have typically selected "Stored Amount" - that choice brings up the crop list sorted with the most needed crops (i.e., least amount in storage) listed first with the lesser crops falling in-line behind/below them...this way, one can ensure that they're not running out of crops that are needed.

However, when selecting the "Belts/Dans" option, the crops come up alphabetically, which means that whatever crop would get me to the "finish line" (if you will) & closer to being able to join in the Facility Chains feature by allowing me to select the best option is simply not available. Why is this option NOT sorted by a similar priority as the "Stored Amount" option?

I'm eager to jump into the Facility Chains feature, but have an apparently significant way to go before I can get started.

Also, when I open the Facility Chains Manager, I notice that there is no "sort" available here either, so I have to scroll through the list to see IF I have anything available to start a chain.

Can you make some changes here to help us out?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 27 2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi bjyhey,
There is more on the page than just your farms. The stuff on the right side is loaded by Facebook. If you are getting ads over there then it is possible for an ad to use too much memory. I doubt it was your 12x12 farm with no plantings on it would use up enough memory for your browser to reload due to memory useage. I have my doubts that it will happen again. I monitor my memory use and do see the amount used as you go from farm to farm or open and close other tabs like Facebook and email go up. The browsers don't always clear memory even when you close tabs. Only thing you can do in that case is close your browser and wait a minute or two to let the memory clear.
Thanks Taz...I thought that might be the case but asked just to make sure, Thanks again
Old Feb 27 2018, 01:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
As usual, I'm not sure where to put this but I know the Admins will move it to the correct area.

When farming a field, I have typically selected "Stored Amount" - that choice brings up the crop list sorted with the most needed crops (i.e., least amount in storage) listed first with the lesser crops falling in-line behind/below them...this way, one can ensure that they're not running out of crops that are needed.

However, when selecting the "Belts/Dans" option, the crops come up alphabetically, which means that whatever crop would get me to the "finish line" (if you will) & closer to being able to join in the Facility Chains feature by allowing me to select the best option is simply not available. Why is this option NOT sorted by a similar priority as the "Stored Amount" option?

I'm eager to jump into the Facility Chains feature, but have an apparently significant way to go before I can get started.

Also, when I open the Facility Chains Manager, I notice that there is no "sort" available here either, so I have to scroll through the list to see IF I have anything available to start a chain.

Can you make some changes here to help us out?
Hi Zeeky Banutski,
When you sort by Belts/Dans they are sorted alphabetically within what belt or dan they have. So the highest belt/dan is first, then next down, and so on.
The Facility Chains manager does have sort capability in the Add Chains tab by Default, Name, Facility Count, Dan 7th Progress, and Available Trading Neighbors.
If you want to make a suggestion for changing any of this then please post it in the Suggestions section where we have them organized by subject for the developers to see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 27 2018, 02:02 PM

Default new bug for me

Quote:
Quote:
Raul just added new information:
Post-Release Info - February 26th, 6:30PM
- Released 25 new Levels.
thanx for the cash

Last edited by marymarcel; Feb 27 2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: part of the post copied to Gifts thread to be answered
Old Feb 28 2018, 08:32 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Latest Updates

Post-Release Info - February 28th, 3:40AM

- We made some changes to the Show Work Info and Farm Stats that may have fixed the issues with the slowness and crashes in Windows 10 computers, Please report here if you are still having issues.

- BugFix: Incorrect cursor shown for the new Harvester and Harvest-Plow Combine 20x20.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread