Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 02 2017, 05:53 AM

Hi all

We have sent an email to the developers to let them know about the problem with posts considered as spam. As a side effect, we are having problems with trains, gifts etc.

Please be patient while we get a response or Facebook notices about this issue.

Thanks to you all!
Old Dec 02 2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
I think this is related to the release of the Christmas decorations somehow ... was working yesterday morning ...

I cannot replace a neighbor in my port list for the ship I am now loading ... I can move around but will not let me replace a port ....
I have had problems with that for a couple of days - it sometimes works if I reload the game - sometimes not! I dont think its the Christmas Decorations - its whatever FB did to block our posts - work, gifts etc etc

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Dec 02 2017, 07:04 AM

Hi all

I was just able to post and my old posts dont have the spam message anymore.

Please try again after reloading the game or wait for a few minutes and check if it is fixed for you too
Old Dec 02 2017, 07:33 AM

The new Christmas decorations are lovely. Just one problem. The wreaths cannot be placed on the houses or facs, they disappear behind whatever you place them on. boo hoo
Old Dec 02 2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

I was just able to post and my old posts dont have the spam message anymore.

Please try again after reloading the game or wait for a few minutes and check if it is fixed for you too
Hi Marymarcel
There are still problems continuing. I reported specifics to Rob.
My account for an example.
I was marked as sending spam on the 25th of Nov and apparently my links have all been blocked from then forward.
I tried to post some earlier and again, they were all marked as spam, I had to click not a robot and complain...yes this was flagged in error.

I see where my Nov 25th post is now released. Facebook had to manually release it, review it and I hope it's corrected. i've lost dan degree bonuses, but nothing that will injure my game lol

I reported all of my findings, they are posted publically on my wall if you want to come visit. I had to take a screenshot to show how long i have been blocked and be able to post it to the public for them to see.

---just tested the following:
1. Rearrange/replace in ships is functioning in a friends account,
2. some friends posts are coming through the newsfeed, although when I go to mine it is still blocked, only 1 showing from Nov 25th, all others are ? in limbo/lost, or simply not sure. A friend is also blocked, hers are not coming through.
3. Some friends are able to send gifts, just tested,
4. I can accept/send gifts now.
5. I will NOT do ships until the Auto Load feature is available for ships, so I tested it in a friends account. His all function/replace/rearrange. His train is boosted so I cannot test that aspect in his.
6. Tested Ultimate engine in my account, unload, refilled, boosted.
7. Friend was trying to buy Ft Cash - purchases are functioning again.
8. in wall link is functioning again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pending_in_wall
9. Yay my posts are released again. I see them on my timeline.
That my friends is why I call Rob Super Hero! lol I know it is a concerted effort, I just give him credit for reporting things quickly.

Below is what we were dealing with or what I have seen and heard from my friends.

here is part of what i posted on my timeline:
---------
My posts marked as spam, were under review by facebook:

one issue:
We're reviewing this post against our Community Standards.
lock info-outline
See the status of your report in Support Inbox
trash
Delete this post

Cathy McCormick
ft Issues:
1. Cannot send gifts back via > SendAll on Gifting page
2. Cannot buy ft cash
3. Our multiple posts being reporting as Spam, when we have multiple Dan Bonuses
4. Ship > not being able to replace a neighbor with another is not functioning
5. Trains not boosting or functioning properly.
6. And I'm sure there are other issues. They are aware and working on this all. You don't have to create a ticket, it's done. So hold all tickets in relation to new release unless I did not list it above. You'll get an automated email when reporting these issues, they will address them.
Always check the forums for issues, go to the Newest Release and click on Last Page. I read those and go backward a few pages to see what others have reported. You will see that Taz D or Rob will be responding to them. I think that's Taz D's board. And MaryMarcel just posted about it less than an hour ago.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php…
Cathy McCormick
------------ these are all public so anyone can view them.
screenshot of my post since the above was not posted as text, I posted it as a picture which posted. lol
My original post is showing that it is still under review by facebook. they still believe it is spam. I am reporting to my friends what i have discovered. see link below to view my ft bonus post from Nov 25th marked as spam. I never checked it ...opps.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

---
my next i posted an hour ago on my timeline
I am still blocked from posting.
Apparently if fb put you on the blocked list for posting, then your posts will not be showing.
They keep bugging me about being on Public for posting, so maybe they are angry about that, not sure, but it's MY choice.
I have friends who are able to now send gifts back, and post bonuses. I have seen Mom's and Rays come through to my notifications.
However, as I stated above mine are still blocked until they review my complaint in community standards section of fb...so someone has to manually review my complaint, I suppose.
Hopefully slashkey can step in here and correct this mess for us all and they will start releasing our posts again.
Hope that helps.
Cathy McCormick
-----
All have been submitted to Rob for help from slashkey. It is facebook blocking some of it.
here is my facebook link to my timeline if you wish to see these in order.
https://www.facebook.com/cathymcormick
Thank you MaryMarcel, Taz D, Rob, devs, etc.
It will all be fixed in a matter of time.
Cathy

my farm link
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...715&farm_ix=25
Old Dec 02 2017, 08:42 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassi2m View Post
Hi Marymarcel
There are still problems continuing. I reported specifics to Rob.
My account for an example.
I was marked as sending spam on the 25th of Nov and apparently my links have all been blocked from then forward.
I tried to post some earlier and again, they were all marked as spam, I had to click not a robot and complain...yes this was flagged in error.

I see where my Nov 25th post is now released. Facebook had to manually release it, review it and I hope it's corrected. i've lost dan degree bonuses, but nothing that will injure my game lol

I reported all of my findings, they are posted publically on my wall if you want to come visit. I had to take a screenshot to show how long i have been blocked and be able to post it to the public for them to see.

---just tested the following:
1. Rearrange/replace in ships is functioning in a friends account,
2. some friends posts are coming through the newsfeed, although when I go to mine it is still blocked, only 1 showing from Nov 25th, all others are ? in limbo/lost, or simply not sure. A friend is also blocked, hers are not coming through.
3. Some friends are able to send gifts, just tested,
4. I can accept/send gifts now.
5. I will NOT do ships until the Auto Load feature is available for ships, so I tested it in a friends account. His all function/replace/rearrange. His train is boosted so I cannot test that aspect in his.
6. Tested Ultimate engine in my account, unload, refilled, boosted.
7. Friend was trying to buy Ft Cash - purchases are functioning again.
8. in wall link is functioning again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pending_in_wall
9. Yay my posts are released again. I see them on my timeline.
That my friends is why I call Rob Super Hero! lol I know it is a concerted effort, I just give him credit for reporting things quickly.

Below is what we were dealing with or what I have seen and heard from my friends.

here is part of what i posted on my timeline:
---------
My posts marked as spam, were under review by facebook:

one issue:
We're reviewing this post against our Community Standards.
lock info-outline
See the status of your report in Support Inbox
trash
Delete this post

Cathy McCormick
ft Issues:
1. Cannot send gifts back via > SendAll on Gifting page
2. Cannot buy ft cash
3. Our multiple posts being reporting as Spam, when we have multiple Dan Bonuses
4. Ship > not being able to replace a neighbor with another is not functioning
5. Trains not boosting or functioning properly.
6. And I'm sure there are other issues. They are aware and working on this all. You don't have to create a ticket, it's done. So hold all tickets in relation to new release unless I did not list it above. You'll get an automated email when reporting these issues, they will address them.
Always check the forums for issues, go to the Newest Release and click on Last Page. I read those and go backward a few pages to see what others have reported. You will see that Taz D or Rob will be responding to them. I think that's Taz D's board. And MaryMarcel just posted about it less than an hour ago.
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php…
Cathy McCormick
------------ these are all public so anyone can view them.
screenshot of my post since the above was not posted as text, I posted it as a picture which posted. lol
My original post is showing that it is still under review by facebook. they still believe it is spam. I am reporting to my friends what i have discovered. see link below to view my ft bonus post from Nov 25th marked as spam. I never checked it ...opps.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

---
my next i posted an hour ago on my timeline
I am still blocked from posting.
Apparently if fb put you on the blocked list for posting, then your posts will not be showing.
They keep bugging me about being on Public for posting, so maybe they are angry about that, not sure, but it's MY choice.
I have friends who are able to now send gifts back, and post bonuses. I have seen Mom's and Rays come through to my notifications.
However, as I stated above mine are still blocked until they review my complaint in community standards section of fb...so someone has to manually review my complaint, I suppose.
Hopefully slashkey can step in here and correct this mess for us all and they will start releasing our posts again.
Hope that helps.
Cathy McCormick
-----
All have been submitted to Rob for help from slashkey. It is facebook blocking some of it.
here is my facebook link to my timeline if you wish to see these in order.
https://www.facebook.com/cathymcormick
Thank you MaryMarcel, Taz D, Rob, devs, etc.
It will all be fixed in a matter of time.
Cathy

my farm link
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...715&farm_ix=25
Hi cassi2m,

As you have gathered Facebook do already seem to be fixing this so you will need to be a little patient. With the billions of facebook users there are I am sure it will just take time to roll the fix out to everyone.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 02 2017, 11:29 AM

Default reply to issues with the game

lol no worries as I posted in there somewhere in that post, many things are already fixed.

I have faith and patience. All that I reported is now functioning properly, so it was only an issue for a very short while, or that i noticed. I normally post to alert my friends so that they are aware of what issues I've encountered, and they know that I tell Rob, and he's always right on top of things. I try to cut his burden of tickets that are created.

My posts were released by facebook, at the time of that post 8:42 a.m central time. So after reporting what was happening to Rob, it was actually resolving as I was typing that post. That's why I kept stopping, and rechecking issues and reporting as I went along.

Some issues were facebook, other were sk/game related.

Rob is aware that during any release(s), my account seems to encounter the strangest things. I need to create a glitch folder so I have them all archived. They actually started right after I started playing in 2010 when I joined facebook. I believe it was one of my first games that I played on fb and still love it!
Thank you so much Tiger Ladybourne
Cathy
Old Dec 02 2017, 01:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
I think this is related to the release of the Christmas decorations somehow ... was working yesterday morning ...

I cannot replace a neighbor in my port list for the ship I am now loading ... I can move around but will not let me replace a port ....
If you refresh the page it will let you do it... remember when you can't do what you want always refresh page before you think its a real problem...
Old Dec 02 2017, 06:46 PM

"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

I made a chain of Marina Supplies factories. I planned to do a chain of the Marina (service) facilities. My neighbor was planning to do the same so we could import and export to each other, because these factories/service facilities were ones that having a duplicate facility for each would be beneficial for regular production/services, as well as being able to import/export to each other. As I read rule number 9, we will not be able to do this? I planned to import the goods she produced in her Marina Supplies for my Marina Chain, and she planned to import the goods I produced in my Marina Supplies to her Marina Chain. We were planning on trading but looks like we will not be able to do so in this way. We knew we couldn't use our own exports in our service facilities but I don't understand why we cannot have an associated chain to trade with our neighbors, as rule #9 seems to indicate. Just want to check to see if it is correct ... it seems pretty clear but just want to verify. If this is correct it will limit our ability to work with neighbors to some extent. Thanks ...
Old Dec 02 2017, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
"9. One final and important rule is that if facility X is related to facility Y, at any given time you can have a chain of facility X or a chain of facility Y but not both. This will incentivize players owning a chain of X to trade products with neighbours owning a chain of Y."

I made a chain of Marina Supplies factories. I planned to do a chain of the Marina (service) facilities. My neighbor was planning to do the same so we could import and export to each other, because these factories/service facilities were ones that having a duplicate facility for each would be beneficial for regular production/services, as well as being able to import/export to each other. As I read rule number 9, we will not be able to do this? I planned to import the goods she produced in her Marina Supplies for my Marina Chain, and she planned to import the goods I produced in my Marina Supplies to her Marina Chain. We were planning on trading but looks like we will not be able to do so in this way. We knew we couldn't use our own exports in our service facilities but I don't understand why we cannot have an associated chain to trade with our neighbors, as rule #9 seems to indicate. Just want to check to see if it is correct ... it seems pretty clear but just want to verify. If this is correct it will limit our ability to work with neighbors to some extent. Thanks ...
Hi Texas Star,
You are reading the rule correctly that you cannot have both parts of a chain. If you wish to make a suggestion to change it please post it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread