Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 08 2017, 04:42 PM

I totally agree with you John Albertini
Old Mar 08 2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I have noticed a minor glitch/situation on my farmtown since the update. My default farm would always open normally before with chat screen hidden. Now it is showing the chat screen open every time with words in red: loading user - connecting to town mainframe (WF3) - connected to mainframe - joining room -entered room. The first time it happened, I thought maybe a neighbor was on the farm. Not the case. I did the cache clean and reloaded. Same result each time. I have to manually hide the chat. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I find it annoying. Any suggestions.
Yes I have been having the same issue. I had my default farm as my Port farm and have changed it to another farm now as we can access ships from Port Icon and that seems to have helped the loading/reconnecting issue. The chat box still shows as open we reloading or opening which is a problem as I always reload when about to send a ship to check if there is someone to send to earlier than planned.
Old Mar 08 2017, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by em5148 View Post
How come it won't let me buy the new combines, says only SEND, not BUY on it when I go to the Tools store.
Hi em5148,
You have to buy the single tools first before you can buy the combines.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 08 2017, 04:49 PM

I have just tried working 3 neighbors' posts. I can work the services fine but the facilities all give me the Error saving data. Error Xlink. I've exited and clicked on the link again and still get the error. I'm pretty sure they aren't the new services.
Old Mar 08 2017, 04:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
I have just tried working 3 neighbors' posts. I can work the services fine but the facilities all give me the Error saving data. Error Xlink. I've exited and clicked on the link again and still get the error. I'm pretty sure they aren't the new services.
Hi RFMad,
I am working both types right now and no problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:00 PM

wow, here it is the 8th and i just today got the notice the new version to game was on the 6th...???
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:06 PM

I just bought the new tools and have already used them. They worked great, but I can't work anyone's facilities. I get the XLINK error. I did clear memcache and it didn't help.

WF4 using Google Chrome
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi mlrobards,
They will work the same as the other extended type tools.

Yay!!!!
Happy camper
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi RFMad,
I am working both types right now and no problems. Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
I cleared the memcache and tried to work the facilities again but still got the error. I had one repost with an older facility and it worked. Maybe they were posted with the new facilities and there's still a problem?
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:26 PM

I'm getting that XLINK error, too. It happened a while ago - I was in the middle of working a friend's client facilities when it happened. I've cleared FT memcache, I've cleared my browser, too - Google Chrome. I closed the browser, reopened but still get the XLINK error.

In case this is helpful, maybe it occurred when the yellow banner was released? When the XLINK error appeared I noticed that the yellow banner with "Check Details" also appeared.

Last edited by BarbLH; Mar 08 2017 at 05:37 PM.
Closed Thread