Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 26 2016, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
All of the browsers you mention are based upon the same open source kernel. I've had issues with other games as well that are worse than those in Farm Town and it may be changes to that kernel in addition to Adobe Flash. I would suggest trying Internet Explorer (it's still available even though MS would like us to think Edge is better) to see if it corrects the issue since it is not based on Chromium.
Hi Qivis,
Firefox is not based on Chrome.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 27 2016, 04:37 AM

I have asked this via support with no reply. I am inquiring here now. When Facebook caused the problem with too many friends, I went to the time and trouble to try to alleviate some of this problem since it did affect me. No names would show on the My Neighbor tab unless they were neighbors. I sorted them by activity and by trial and error found hundreds of non player that I did unfriend. I had to match profile pictures. Took forever. It has now been weeks since I did this and they are still on My Neighbor tab. If I bring them up they are definitely not friends anymore but still clutter up My Neighbor tab. I did realize that FT to catch up may be a few days but it has been almost 3 weeks. How can this be fixed? And why isn't it automatic?
Old Jun 27 2016, 08:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyceAnn View Post
I have asked this via support with no reply. I am inquiring here now. When Facebook caused the problem with too many friends, I went to the time and trouble to try to alleviate some of this problem since it did affect me. No names would show on the My Neighbor tab unless they were neighbors. I sorted them by activity and by trial and error found hundreds of non player that I did unfriend. I had to match profile pictures. Took forever. It has now been weeks since I did this and they are still on My Neighbor tab. If I bring them up they are definitely not friends anymore but still clutter up My Neighbor tab. I did realize that FT to catch up may be a few days but it has been almost 3 weeks. How can this be fixed? And why isn't it automatic?
Hi AlyceAnn,
As I understand it that list is populated through a query from Farm Town to Facebook. If Facebook hasn't updated it then Farm Town will still see those people as your friends who play Farm Town. So the updating would need to be from Facebook and not Farm Town. You can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I do not guarantee that it will work, but it won't hurt to try and see if that will clear those names out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 28 2016, 03:36 AM

Thanks Taz, but I've done that many times since un friending. Good suggestion tho, first thing I do
Alyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi AlyceAnn,
As I understand it that list is populated through a query from Farm Town to Facebook. If Facebook hasn't updated it then Farm Town will still see those people as your friends who play Farm Town. So the updating would need to be from Facebook and not Farm Town. You can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I do not guarantee that it will work, but it won't hurt to try and see if that will clear those names out.
Old Jun 28 2016, 06:46 PM

Question Next Release?

I Noticed it is now 4 Weeks since the Last Release as the Updates come Every 4 Weeks normally is this Due?
Old Jun 28 2016, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
I Noticed it is now 4 Weeks since the Last Release as the Updates come Every 4 Weeks normally is this Due?
Hi Stu,
Technically 4 weeks is not until Friday July 1st. The developers are still currently working on problems, so it may not be exactly 4 weeks when the next release comes out.
Old Jun 29 2016, 03:42 PM

- We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:

a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well

They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

All the Chromium based browsers are and not just Google Chrome.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jun 29 2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
Firefox is not based on Chrome.
I stand corrected. However for a small percentage of us other Chromium based browsers such as Opera and Maxthon have always been more reliable than Google Chrome and we are experiencing the same issues because they are from the kernel and not necessarily just Google's update. Often the updates to Maxthon and Opera are a few days apart from Google Chrome and I began to experience the mouse wheel issue before Opera's latest update.

Except for on the accounts of a couple friends who have trusted me with their log in information because they want me to be able to benefit from their farms though they no longer play, I have not played Farm Town using Google's version in nearly 3 years. And 3 of my friends have not used it in even longer. (I only use it to keep from losing the info and to log in as my friends on the opposite side of the world once in a while to be sure they do not run out of coins to pay me for the work!)

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Jun 29 2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jun 29 2016, 04:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I stand corrected. However for a small percentage of us other Chromium based browsers such as Opera and Maxthon have always been more reliable than Google Chrome and we are experiencing the same issues because they are from the kernel and not necessarily just Google's update. Often the updates to Maxthon and Opera are a few days apart from Google Chrome and I began to experience the mouse wheel issue before Opera's latest update.

Except for on the accounts of a couple friends who have trusted me with their log in information because they want me to be able to benefit from their farms though they no longer play, I have not played Farm Town using Google's version in nearly 3 years. And 3 of my friends have not used it in even longer. (I only use it to keep from losing the info and to log in as my friends on the opposite side of the world once in a while to be sure they do not run out of coins to pay me for the work!)
Hi Qivis,
This is an issue that Google and those who use the Chrome kernel will have to fix. There is nothing that Farm Town can do about it.
Old Jun 29 2016, 04:48 PM

unable to move any item from storage,back to farms, any ideas plse
Closed Thread