Old Apr 23 2016, 12:45 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Feb 10 2019
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckerider View Post
Ok so now the rules have changed again regarding cash items. I knew it was coming when you halted the sending about a week ago. I guess I can understand that it is a business and required money to operate, but when I see there are 2.6 million likes for this game and even is half of those people play and again and then 25% of those players spent $50.00 every three months (like I do), it give the owners $65,000,000 per year earnings. WOW. Now try and convince me that you need to get MORE money from the players who have been doing this game for a very long time. Customer service should be your main priority, but apparently getting more cash overrules that.

This latest rule is purely a money grab, and because I have been debating over the last year about keeping doing this game, I have to make the decision as to what I am willing to give the developers. They make us spend real cash for any item that helps us do this game to our benefit, and then they will not give us real cash back if we decide to sell the time. I have spent $50.00 every 3 months x 4 x 4 years = $800 on this game. I am thinking if all of us keep on giving and then we get back very little, it is not worth my time and effort any longer.

I always justified the spending by thinking I used to spend a lot more hours a day on the game and these items have saved me a lot of time. But, now that I think of it, there is a lot of games or TV channels the I could buy for a lot less than $200 per year and I would be just as happy. Time to rethink where my entertainment dollars should go at this stage of my life. Retirement is about finding things to do with you time and Farmtown was a good way to spend my mornings. For $200 per year I am sure I can find another game that will keep my entertained. Just saying that the developers will lose a lot more than they gain in this new rule. It was my time to spend again and I will not do it any longer. Thanks for the entertainment, but it is time to move onto another venue.
I work in in IT. I have done work at almost every level of networking, from medium sized business, to government and even Tier 1 providers . I know what the costs are to build and run a system like what Slashkey is dealing with. 65 million dollars in earning is a drop in the bucket. I can tell you about a single shopping trip with a single vendor that was 1 to 3 million dollars just for networking gear. No servers. No software. No salaries. Just routing hardware. The sad reality is running networks is not cheap.

Bottom line is people were cheating the game. They got caught and the rules got changed to deal with it. Now people are not happy. Tough! Maybe people should not have been cheating in the first place. I know a couple gaming systems where you would be banned for what the Developers are describing.

Happy Gaming
K9sniffer

Visit Joshua's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 23 2016, 05:44 AM

Smile

having read through the forum in the different subjects i have seen and it is still there that slask says about auto mouse...It is ok to use the mouse as long as it doesnt go faster then one can click.. so you are sending 2 different messages to people...you can but you cant...Just wondering .. also i would imagine that there are people who have bad wrists and cant do all the clicking it takes to play the game so the auto mouse would help them out i would guess...
Old Apr 23 2016, 07:10 AM

It has been mentions NUMEROUS times about the "blurb" on the top of the game telling us now for WEEKS about facebooks bug. WHY can't you just do the same as for the upgrade? Freaking let us opt out of seeing it! It takes up space and for small monitors its a real PITA!!! Does anyone even care about the players anymore? Do the developers even read the posts on their forum? I wonder....
Old Apr 23 2016, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames24 View Post
having read through the forum in the different subjects i have seen and it is still there that slask says about auto mouse...It is ok to use the mouse as long as it doesnt go faster then one can click.. so you are sending 2 different messages to people...you can but you cant...Just wondering .. also i would imagine that there are people who have bad wrists and cant do all the clicking it takes to play the game so the auto mouse would help them out i would guess...
Hi flames,
An auto-clicker can be used but the speed must be set to no faster than a normal click speed that a human can do and actually click on the work being done. If it is set too fast then you will get a warning message.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 23 2016, 01:13 PM

I just want to say "THANKS" for all the work that goes into the continual creativity that the developers exert to keep the game interesting. For all the nay-sayers: You have the CHOICE of what aspects of the game to play. I do it all but some of my friends only plow/harvest. Some only grow trees and flowers. Some only do the co-op quests. Some only work my farms as super neighbors but some only send me a gift periodically. All that is OK since we are all at different levels and want to play the game in our own way.
Old Apr 23 2016, 01:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Default what's the problem?

I have bought a good bit of stuff with farm cash. Seems to me many have misunderstood a bit.
I can send to anyone I please. I'm sure Raul don't mind that a bit. There's no limit on doing that because I'd bought more than enough farm cash with my account.
But....if I had a 2nd account, the 2nd account could not send to the 1st account until the 2nd account has bought a certain amount of farm cash.
I'd repeatedly sent farm cash gifts to my wife. I can still do that, and vice versa since she's bought a good bit with farm cash as well.
This is for those making 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc accounts to make the 1st account bigger.
Again....what's the problem? I can still send gifts to any of my neighbors I please. That is NOT limited. I'm pretty regular on buying. I don't have all the facilities, but have all the farm cash tools.
I definitely enjoy this game, but that ruling don't affect me. It only affects those that are not being honest. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by RickSGM; Apr 23 2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old Apr 23 2016, 08:47 PM

i am now having issues posting facility work - this has been happening to me all day - when i tried to post facility to have friends work the window that shows up that will post to my time line disappears I tried everything from clearing cache and running the memcached....i do not get any errors at all. i get the window asking me if i want to ask friends to help produce faster and i click the green button and nothing....anyone else having this issue
Old Apr 23 2016, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance75231 View Post
i am now having issues posting facility work - this has been happening to me all day - when i tried to post facility to have friends work the window that shows up that will post to my time line disappears I tried everything from clearing cache and running the memcached....i do not get any errors at all. i get the window asking me if i want to ask friends to help produce faster and i click the green button and nothing....anyone else having this issue
Hi Lance,
Please read the thread in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621526
There are some facilities you cannot currently post from due to a Facebook change.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 23 2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Lance,
Please read the thread in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621526
There are some facilities you cannot currently post from due to a Facebook change.
thanks taz
Old Apr 23 2016, 10:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSGM View Post
I have bought a good bit of stuff with farm cash. Seems to me many have misunderstood a bit.
I can send to anyone I please. I'm sure Raul don't mind that a bit. There's no limit on doing that because I'd bought more than enough farm cash with my account.
But....if I had a 2nd account, the 2nd account could not send to the 1st account until the 2nd account has bought a certain amount of farm cash.
I'd repeatedly sent farm cash gifts to my wife. I can still do that, and vice versa since she's bought a good bit with farm cash as well.
This is for those making 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc accounts to make the 1st account bigger.
Again....what's the problem? I can still send gifts to any of my neighbors I please. That is NOT limited. I'm pretty regular on buying. I don't have all the facilities, but have all the farm cash tools.
I definitely enjoy this game, but that ruling don't affect me. It only affects those that are not being honest. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.
Well said !
Closed Thread