Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 13 2024, 05:09 PM

Default Hiring in the Market

This is the third time this has happened to me in the last month and I'm tired of it. I hired someone to work my farms in the morning. I waited for the 30 seconds and the bar with their name went yellow. I then hired another person. I got back to my farm immediately and the second person is working away when the first person (the one that went yellow) shows up on my farm and begins working. I told them to STOP and leave as their job had been "refused" (that's what the Yellow bar means, right?). They got very upset, calling me rude, and other things. Seriously, if the yellow bar doesn't stop them and I have no "firing" capability, what can I do? Nothing. Make the yellow bar cancel the request or give me a "fire" key. I'm tired of rude farmers horning in after they've already said they don't want the job.
Old Jan 13 2024, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted Jim View Post
This is the third time this has happened to me in the last month and I'm tired of it. I hired someone to work my farms in the morning. I waited for the 30 seconds and the bar with their name went yellow. I then hired another person. I got back to my farm immediately and the second person is working away when the first person (the one that went yellow) shows up on my farm and begins working. I told them to STOP and leave as their job had been "refused" (that's what the Yellow bar means, right?). They got very upset, calling me rude, and other things. Seriously, if the yellow bar doesn't stop them and I have no "firing" capability, what can I do? Nothing. Make the yellow bar cancel the request or give me a "fire" key. I'm tired of rude farmers horning in after they've already said they don't want the job.
Hi Jim,
I moved your post to the thread for discussion about hiring.
The yellow bar does not mean they have refused the hire. It means they did not respond within 30 seconds. Only the Pop up that shows tells you they refused the job. It is possible if they did not see the hire pop up immediately that they can still accept the job. It is supposed to expire after another time period, but exactly the amount of time we don't know for sure. So they are not horning in after they have refused the job because they have not done so.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 17 2024, 08:54 PM

Why when you hire you try to hire someone and it turns yellow so you hire someone else can the first person still be able to accept. It messes up the hiring process. If it turns yellow they should not then come back several minutes later and start working.
Old Jan 17 2024, 09:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjade27 View Post
Why when you hire you try to hire someone and it turns yellow so you hire someone else can the first person still be able to accept. It messes up the hiring process. If it turns yellow they should not then come back several minutes later and start working.
Hi Redjade,
It happens because the hire request has not gone away at the time it turns yellow. It does not get removed for them for a couple minutes, so it is not working the way it should. It could have to do with lag in that they don't get the request at the time it is sent, but get it lagged behind.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 17 2024 at 09:10 PM.