Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 05 2018, 10:23 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA View Post
i got 2 chains i exported just now to 3 neighbors.i imported to one neighbor.i do not see how this helped me at all .guess i just do not understand how this works.how did it help me to export to 3 neighbors and did it cause my neighbor to lose products when i imported from him.i want to do more chains but not until i understand how this works
Hi MOM GLENDA,

When you import you are gaining products to use in your own service facility chains, which when you cash out will earn you considerably more profit than if those facilities were not in a chain.

When you export to someone you are earning coins and helping them to stock their service facilites.

The benefits of each chain and all the information about the chains is in the Game Guide. Here's the link to that section >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 05 2018, 10:38 AM

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi perryalexander,

I can assure you the developers do read the posts here.
Thank you for the kind response and the informative link in the message just above this one.

Last edited by perryalexander; Jan 05 2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jan 05 2018, 03:50 PM

Everyone in my home can see the graphics fine. Even tried different browsers and can't make it fail. I do not believe the problem lies with Slashkey (FarmTown).
Old Jan 05 2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Everyone in my home can see the graphics fine. Even tried different browsers and can't make it fail. I do not believe the problem lies with Slashkey (FarmTown).
Of course they can, Slashkey fixed the problem. The error could not be seen within Farm Town anyway, it was in the graphic posted within Facebook with the message of the post.

No question about Slashkey developers reading this thread and acting.
Old Jan 05 2018, 07:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryalexander View Post
Of course they can, Slashkey fixed the problem. The error could not be seen within Farm Town anyway, it was in the graphic posted within Facebook with the message of the post.

No question about Slashkey developers reading this thread and acting.
Hi perryalexander,
I hate to tell you this, but Slashkey has not done anything as we did not report it since we could not duplicate it. The only thing that fixed itself was your display of the graphic. All the graphics for the game are stored in your browser cache. If you have your browser set to clear that cache when you close it, then it had to re-download all of those graphics when you opened Farm Town the next time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 05 2018, 10:34 PM

Default life moves on and time changes things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi perryalexander,
I hate to tell you this, but Slashkey has not done anything as we did not report it since we could not duplicate it. The only thing that fixed itself was your display of the graphic. All the graphics for the game are stored in your browser cache. If you have your browser set to clear that cache when you close it, then it had to re-download all of those graphics when you opened Farm Town the next time.
Oh well, life moves on and time changes things. I did absolutely nothing but switched from Facebook to look up Queen Victoria in Wikapedia in the same tab. I only clear the cache manually. Sorry for giving false credit to Slashkey for being proactive. Must have been a Facebook thing that delivered the graphic as that where I saw the problem...never in Farm Town.
Old Jan 06 2018, 04:25 AM

When I go to the Marketplace - if I sell the items marked "From Facilities (Export)" - does that mean I CAN'T then export those products to neighbors? Or am I selling off products I've already received from neighbors so that there's not anything else I can do with those particular products in the new chain thing?

If I can sell those items in the Marketplace OR export them to neighbors, which is the better option?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 06 2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
When I go to the Marketplace - if I sell the items marked "From Facilities (Export)" - does that mean I CAN'T then export those products to neighbors? Or am I selling off products I've already received from neighbors so that there's not anything else I can do with those particular products in the new chain thing?

If I can sell those items in the Marketplace OR export them to neighbors, which is the better option?
Hi Susan

If you go to market and you sell the products under "From Facilities (Export)" then you will not be able to export those products to your neighbors for their service chains.

Those products (export) were generated in your own regular facility chains, and not received from your neighbors. If your neighbors export products to you, then when you click in Import button, those products are added to your main storage to be used loading your service chains.

To answer your question about the better option, this is from the game guide:

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.
Old Jan 06 2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Susan

If you go to market and you sell the products under "From Facilities (Export)" then you will not be able to export those products to your neighbors for their service chains.

Those products (export) were generated in your own regular facility chains, and not received from your neighbors. If your neighbors export products to you, then when you click in Import button, those products are added to your main storage to be used loading your service chains.

To answer your question about the better option, this is from the game guide:

3. ( Export ) products can not be consumed by your own service facilities, you can either:

a) Sell them at the market (Notice these products generate pure profit because they didn't cost you any ingredients or time).

OR

b) Export them to a neighbour who has a chain of the facility that can consume those products. In this case the Mayor will compensate you with an extra 100% of the sale price for helping others.
Excellent! Thanks so much.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 06 2018, 07:18 AM