Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 12 2018, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just posted the following:

Post-Release Info - June 12th, 11:46PM

- The last release (at 10:10PM) included a bug that grayed out all the harvesters in the toolbox, unfortunately the developer working on that area is on vacation returning next Monday. As this is a critical bug, we decided to revert the game to the previous version, this means that all the bugs that were fixed on the 10:10PM release are now back.

We estimate everything should go back to normal sometime next Monday

If your harvesters are still greyed out try restarting your farms. If that doesn't bring them back please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 13 2018, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Susan Quest farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Canning View Post
Love being able to close my Quest farm so SN
Hi Susan,
We have the option of making Quest Farms Private.

Go to the Quest Farm click the name of the farm to edit it, as if you were renaming it.

Next click the "Make this a Private Farm" option. No one can enter that farm but you, the owner.

If you click "Make this a Quest Farm" option, that will disable the harvesting of all animal sheds currently on that farm, thereby being in the "ready to harvest" state.

I hope that helped.
They've worked really hard to assist us with the Quest farms, and the overall game.
Great job guys, and yes there are some hiccups to the game, but they will get them lined out asap. They always do.

For anyone reading, (my thoughts and opinions)
Don't forget that each time that FaceBook has a release, it will cause issues with the game which the developers have to

1. Duplicate the problem that you have reported, so be as complete as possible to assist them. Tell them step by step what you were doing when the issue occurred, including the error you received.

2. Find the solution or fix and

3. Write the code to correct the issue.

4. Test it out to see that patch has corrected it or them.

5. Release the fix to be applied to all of our accounts.

It's a lot of work for them and that's why it's important that if we want to keep our game going, we need to support them by purchasing FarmTown Cash items to keep it running. If it is not profitable, we will lose our game.

All of our computers are different, some are still using old versions of windows ie: Win7, Win8, etc. Some act differently, and it depends on which browser you use, what version you are running, has it been updated, etc, which helps determine the problems. Most of the time it's our computers that are the cause of the issues, unless it's a new release, and they will know the problems, everyone posts here or sends tickets to Support.

I think that one of the most important things to run your game smoothly is to determine the amount of RAM, Random Access Memory that you have installed on your computer. Ram is fairly easy to replace. If go to youtube there are great videos on how to replace/install RAM. Make certain before you buy how much RAM your computer will support, and that it meets with your computer manufacturer's specifications.

Tips: Sorry switching subjects, but Support suggests that before we leave our farm for the day, turn off all in the Settings: Crops, Trees Flowers, etc. Change that setting in the Wrench aka Settings to read None. Next time you load your farm, it helps with the overall process. Also I was advised to choose a smaller farm to set as default for faster loading.

Cathy
Old Jun 13 2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethFB View Post
Will the SN be able to add fields to the farm or not? Would they be able to in the future?

Thanks.
I have another question that is similar to this one. Will the SN be able to delete the fields to add new ones to the farm?

Thanks.

~*~ #1 - Spencer Creek ~*~
Old Jun 13 2018, 04:06 AM

Before this morning, when working my Superneighbors far I could question the question mark to make sure she needed the crop planted for one of her facilities. It did show HER facilities. Now TODAY... all that has changed. Her facilities are NOT showing but mine ARE. Sure don't like that. She is new to the game & I'm trying to help her grasp the whole concept. WHY have you done this?
Old Jun 13 2018, 04:17 AM

The "Show Facility Info across all farms" is brilliant - thanks for all your hard work Raul and team.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 13 2018, 05:11 AM

Thank you for number three! I was just starting a spreadsheet so I had a list of what facs I had where. This seems to eliminate the need for this. Thanks for all that you do! I love this game. I play at least six days a week.
Old Jun 13 2018, 05:18 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletops View Post
Before this morning, when working my Superneighbors far I could question the question mark to make sure she needed the crop planted for one of her facilities. It did show HER facilities. Now TODAY... all that has changed. Her facilities are NOT showing but mine ARE. Sure don't like that. She is new to the game & I'm trying to help her grasp the whole concept. WHY have you done this?
Hi Doubletops,

Please be a little clearer. Describe exactly the steps you are using when you are on the farm you are SN for and let us know exactly at what point it is no longer working right for you.

By "question the question mark" do you mean you are clicking the ? on a crop to view what is made with it, then clicking on the product to see where it's made? When you hover over the facility it's showing your facilites owned, not hers?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 13 2018, 05:30 AM

I'm sorry, I know it's probably right in front of my eyes , but where do I find this , I just can't find it anywhere ,lol . Thanks

"3. 'Show Facility Info' across all farms: The 'Show Facility Info' button in the 'Show Names' screen will show you a summary of all your facilities by farm, grouped by type, ex: Factories Workable, Factories Non-Workable, Services and Animal Buildings. "
Old Jun 13 2018, 05:58 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
I'm sorry, I know it's probably right in front of my eyes , but where do I find this , I just can't find it anywhere ,lol . Thanks

"3. 'Show Facility Info' across all farms: The 'Show Facility Info' button in the 'Show Names' screen will show you a summary of all your facilities by farm, grouped by type, ex: Factories Workable, Factories Non-Workable, Services and Animal Buildings. "
Hi peekachoo,

Top left of your game screen is the green grid you use to navigate to each of your farms. At the top of that it says "Show Names". If you click on "Show Names" then, at the bottom of the screen, on "Show Facility Info" it will bring up a new window showing you where each type of facility is and how many there are.

If you need more information, see this post in the Game Guide >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...74#post6245474

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 13 2018, 06:04 AM
Account Not Linked

So I am a SN to 7 people. Two days in a row my ability to plant/seed has been removed where I have had to wake people up to go to their farms to redo my SN abilities. Is this going to be an every day thing where we will have to set abilities daily for SN?
Closed Thread

Tags
tools missing