Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 24 2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judybluefeather View Post
Among other problems, my gift page won't clear and I can't send gifts at all. I am getting the gifts--the process works until I try to send gifts. The send box does not appear, my received gifts are not cleared, and the gift page freezes and I can't do anything. If I refresh the page, it returns with the original gifts (that have been accepted and appear in my gift box).
This has been going on for weeks, predates the recent Facebook changes, and is still going on. I have done all of the standard things in various orders: running memcache, clearing my browser cache (I use Chrome browser and CCleaner), reloading Farm Town, restarting my browser, restarting my computer. I have contacted support twice; though I gave my email both times I never heard anything back from them but once, after the first time, I was able to clear the gift page so I thought it was fixed but then it went right back.

Related problems I have discovered:
My neighbors page sticks on the grayed loading process.
The "buy" button under the "buy cash" tab is inoperable.
The box to post bonuses does not appear. It informs me I've earned and gives me the option to post, but then nothing.
Hi Judybluefeather

Is Chrome updated?

For your problems with gifts not cleared: Try going to the Games link on the left side of your Facebook home page and accept them from there. That should clear those out.

For gifts not sent: Facebook has set limits on how many friends they will send and if you have exceeded that then the lists won't load. It was originally set to 1,000, then lowered to 500 and then they lowered it again, but we have not been able to determine how low it is now.

Anyway, Check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups follow the instructions below.

For Firefox:
Add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings. In Firefox add the sites under the Content tab for pop ups and under the Privacy tab for cookies. For the cookies to work you must set the History setting to "Use custom settings for history"

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

For Chrome please follow the steps in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

*Note: If you are using private browsing either through your browser or through your anti-virus program, that will block 3rd party cookies and pop ups. You need to turn this off for when you are in Farm Town, so that those cookies and pop ups can be seen.

Buy cash button: One of the sites I gave you to allow in your browser is Trialpay.com. Check if after alowing it, the tab works for you.

Box not showing up to post: You will need to check this again after allowing all sites in your browser.

Please take in mind that at this moment, when we try to post from the game, we are receiving an error message from facebook:

We have contacted the developers and this is another facebook issue. Facebook already acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix, but sadly we cant tell you how long it will take to fix this.

Meanwhile, when you get the first pop up trying to post your facilities/services, be sure you have a check mark for Show on Farm Town Wall requests, that way no matter the posts are not going to Facebook, they will be posted in Wall requests and your friends will be able to work them.
If you need ingredients for a quest, no matter the post will show they cant find the URL, the requests will also go to Wall requests. This also applies to bonuses.

You don't see your own posts in Wall requests, only your friends will be able to see them, so please ask them to check there.

You have more information in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631682

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Sep 24 2017, 11:10 AM

my friend uses Mac to play FT and is having issues with gifts, i know this is a browser issue... i saw a list somewhere on here which browser works best with Mac and FT but cant find it .... what browsers work best for Mac that are FT friendly
Old Sep 24 2017, 11:27 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
my friend uses Mac to play FT and is having issues with gifts, i know this is a browser issue... i saw a list somewhere on here which browser works best with Mac and FT but cant find it .... what browsers work best for Mac that are FT friendly
Hi JNelson,

I have moved your post to the gifting thread as you are asking about that.

The likely issue is that they do not have 3rd party cookies/popups allowed in their browser which are needed for the lists to show. They will have to look in their browser settings and see if they can find the instructions for those. If they do not want to allow all cookies/pop ups then they will have to see if they can add the following sites to exceptions >>

Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

None of the team use Macs so we do not have any specific instructions for those.

As for what browsers will work well with the game, as with any computer and browsers, it's a matter of trying them out to see which ones work better for you. I believe for Macs Safari is popular.
Old Sep 26 2017, 06:43 AM

Default how do i request gifts

it sys go to Send gifts but there is no where to request what I would like
Old Sep 26 2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestillandknow2011 View Post
it sys go to Send gifts but there is no where to request what I would like
Hi bestillandknow,

It depends on what it is you want. What is it you want?

If you want a gifted tree or flower and you already have one on your farm, then you can click on it and in the menu choose "request as a gift".

If it is something that is showing on the gift page then you need to exchange your received gifts for that item.

If you want more of a gift that is showing in your gift box, then if it has one, you click the "more" on that gift to request it.

Please see the Game Guide for sending and accepting gifts.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621278

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Sep 26 2017 at 07:00 AM.
Old Sep 26 2017, 07:46 AM

I need to know how to REQUEST the gifts I want
Old Sep 26 2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestillandknow2011 View Post
I need to know how to REQUEST the gifts I want
Hi bestillandknow2011,

I have moved your post to help and support. Suggestions is not the place to ask questions. I replied to your first post on this,. please scroll futher up the thread to find your other post and the answer.

Please also take some time to find out how to find your posts on the forum. Click the following link and it will take you to instructions >>

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766
Old Sep 26 2017, 03:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Default No friends in Gift List

I sent gifts yesterday. Today I went to send gifts and the only person who shows up is someone who has not played in years so I never send. It is certainly over 12 hours. Has Facebook changed the requirement to once every 24 hours now to send gifts?
Old Sep 26 2017, 03:44 PM
Account Not Linked

Can not send out requests for help and the message that keeps coming up is the following: URL Not Found: We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.
I would sure like to send requests for help and also bonuses but can't because of this notice. Please help. Thanks.
Old Sep 26 2017, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nardaj View Post
Can not send out requests for help and the message that keeps coming up is the following: URL Not Found: We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.
I would sure like to send requests for help and also bonuses but can't because of this notice. Please help. Thanks.
Hi nardaj,
This is a Facebook issue and it is affecting more games not only Farmtown. Facebook already acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix, but sadly we cant tell you how long it will take to fix this.

You dont see your own posts in Show Farmtown wall requests, only your friends can see them, but they do show up there. Just don't show on Newsfeed.

You have information in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631682
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
accepting gift problem, blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, cannot receive gifts, exchange gifts, expired, farm cash, friends list, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gifting, gifts, gifts accept button, gifts issues, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, missing gifts., not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, unable to collect, window narrows