Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 23 2010, 10:20 AM

Arrow Receiving-sending-exchanging Gifts

This thread is for reporting problems concerning any problems with gifts. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Gifts/Gifting/Accepting/Exchanging/Storing
Everything you need to know about gifts is included in this chapter.

Experiencing Difficulties With Gifting?:

1. Clear you Browser's cache and Macromedia cache files. Then restart your browser.

Click HERE for instructions on clearing your browser's cache. Click HERE to clear your macromedia cache files.

2. Uninstall then re-download your Flashplayer. Rebooting your computer after the uninstall will remove any memory of the orignal Flashplayer.

Uninstall your Flashplayer HERE Download a new version HERE

3. Try using another browser.

4. When exchanging gifts, remember, you need to click on the 'exchange' button after choosing a new gift. Otherwise, you will receive the original gift that was sent to you.

We recommend you use the 'My Requests' tab from within the game to accept your gifts. This is used to accept, exchange and sending back to the person that sent you a gift.

*When posting in this thread the moderation team may need to visit your farm so please include a link to your farm in your post. The button up top is currently out of order so you will need to do so manually. Click HERE for instructions on linking your farm to the forum*

If you are using Edge, IE, or Safari browsers please read the information in the following link before you post here:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Trouble loading your game? Clear your browser & Macromedia cache files as most issues can be cured by performing this regular maintenance!

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 31 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old Dec 02 2013, 06:44 PM

The new format for sending gifts to Farm Town Players will probably end my involvement with the game. I don't have time to scroll through hundreds of names, mostly of people who have long stopped playing the game, in order to send gifts to my fellow players. The old format of rows of names with boxes to be checked worked fine. While I am complaining, is there some way that we can edit the list? I have approximately 100 friends who are actively playing the game. Why should I have to scroll through hundreds of names of people who played the game at some time and have not deleted their account from the game? I have deleted them from my Neighbors but they are still on the Gift list of Farm Town Players.
Old Dec 02 2013, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbercw View Post
The new format for sending gifts to Farm Town Players will probably end my involvement with the game. I don't have time to scroll through hundreds of names, mostly of people who have long stopped playing the game, in order to send gifts to my fellow players. The old format of rows of names with boxes to be checked worked fine. While I am complaining, is there some way that we can edit the list? I have approximately 100 friends who are actively playing the game. Why should I have to scroll through hundreds of names of people who played the game at some time and have not deleted their account from the game? I have deleted them from my Neighbors but they are still on the Gift list of Farm Town Players.
That change is a Facebook change and was not implemented by Farm Town. The lists that you see currently for Farm Town players is put together by Facebook and not by Farm Town, even though we use those in Farm Town.
You can create your own Facebook lists with just your neighbors that you can use instead of the ones for all friends or Facebooks created list of Farm Town players. Here is a link to an explanation on how to do that:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349654
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 02 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 14 2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbercw View Post
It has been changed back somewhat in today's update. Since it's been nearly 3 months since you posted the above, I can only hope you see this and get a chance to look at the update thread.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Thanks, Raul. I am about to join the 8 billion point club!
Old Oct 04 2017, 09:31 AM

I have 113 neighbors that actively play the game also. I had never had a problem with sending and receiving gifts until today, I guess the problem just took its time getting to me. I now can not ask friends to accelerate my trains. This is getting ridiculous. I know the "Powers that be" are trying to fix these problems, but in the meantime we get Halloween gifts...but WHY? We can't send or receive them. I think putting attention on fixing problems that already exist should be top priority. Am I wrong?
Old Oct 04 2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessboo06 View Post
I have 113 neighbors that actively play the game also. I had never had a problem with sending and receiving gifts until today, I guess the problem just took its time getting to me. I now can not ask friends to accelerate my trains. This is getting ridiculous. I know the "Powers that be" are trying to fix these problems, but in the meantime we get Halloween gifts...but WHY? We can't send or receive them. I think putting attention on fixing problems that already exist should be top priority. Am I wrong?
Hi princessboo06

Are you getting the shrink window when trying to send gifts/trains?

If so, this is a Facebook issue not a game issue. We got this problem some weeks ago, and Facebook fixed it after some days. But now, the problem is back and the delevelopers let us know that Facebook has reopened the ticket about this issue. Sadly, we have to wait for Facebook to fix it.

Meanwhile and as a workaround, when you get the box that comes up with your friends in it, quickly "right click" your mouse on the "All Farmers" at the top left of the box, and then choose "open in a new tab". You should then get a full size window that does not shrink allowing you to click the "Send" button.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Dec 02 2013, 08:57 PM

Taz, thanks for your help. That solved my issues.
Old Sep 01 2016, 11:48 AM

Unhappy Still can't send or receive gifts

Have not been able to send or receive gifts for some time.
Cannot see avatars in neighbor's bar. Cannot buy farm cash.
Cannot post ANYTHING.
Yes, I cleared the cache (several times) and restarted browser.
Yes, I cleared Adobe flash player settings and restarted browser
Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled flash player, restarted computer and restarted browser. I have done ALL of these things daily. Still no good.
HELP!!!!!
Old Sep 01 2016, 12:11 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
Cannot post ANYTHING.
Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled flash player, restarted computer and restarted browser. I have done ALL of these things daily. Still no good.
HELP!!!!!
Hi maddshots,

It's sounding like your game hasn't fully loaded. Taz replied to your previous post in another thread. You have not mentioned that you have added those exceptions to your browser so please go read his post and try that. Here's the link to that post >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=722
Old Sep 01 2016, 01:55 PM

Default Did it/ did not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
Cannot post ANYTHING.
HELP!!!!!
Did all of that/ still not working

Tags
accepting gift problem, blocked gifts list, can't send gifts, can't send gifts trains, cannot receive gifts, display issues, exchange gifts, expired, farm cash, friends list, gift, gift box, gift box issue, gift errors, gift exchange, gift help, gifting, gifts, gifts & work, gifts accept button, gifts issues, gifts not showing up, lost gifts, missing gifts., not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, requests, returning gifts, send gifts, send gifts missing, sending gifts, unable to collect, unable to receive gifts, unabletogetgifts, window narrows