Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 31 2023, 07:33 PM

Well whatever the issue after I did the memcache it stopped sticking, dragging, and lagging in the game. That is the only place where I was having that issue. If it was my mouse it would have been doing so no matter where I was. I am just glad it appeared to work. Maybe reloading the servers acted like rebooting a computer to clear the buffers or a glitch. All I know is it worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
The only thing the memcache is going to do is to cause the server to reload your account information. It is not going to fix a mouse problem. Either it is the amount you have open and running at the same time or it is an internet slowdown because of a possible traffic overload on one of the many links between you and the servers.
Old Nov 04 2023, 08:02 AM

Default Farm Locks up at 98%

Im having a real struggle getting my main farm to open with all the crops I plant to help with the co op.... I can open all of the farms but #17. That one just begins to open in the slide...and then locks at 98 to 99%..then nothing/ Help
Old Nov 04 2023, 08:35 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Perzee View Post
Im having a real struggle getting my main farm to open with all the crops I plant to help with the co op.... I can open all of the farms but #17. That one just begins to open in the slide...and then locks at 98 to 99%..then nothing/ Help
Hi Wayne Perzee,

I'm not having any issues myself when loading that farm.

Have you remembered to keep up with browser updates and computer updates? If not please make sure that you have done those. There have been quite a few updates recently so worth checking for those.

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game and remove the check marks to show everything except for crops and then try that loading that farm again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 04 2023, 09:56 AM

Default tiger, the farm still locks

Tiger, I have....

But aybe you can s hare with me, what I might be missing.....I cleared the cashe as you suggested...and it continues to lock up at 98%
Old Nov 04 2023, 09:58 AM

and I need to add that farm 17 is the only one that makes the entire farm lock..the others are free and clear.....
Old Nov 04 2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Tiger, I have....

But aybe you can s hare with me, what I might be missing.....I cleared the cashe as you suggested...and it continues to lock up at 98%
Quote:
and I need to add that farm 17 is the only one that makes the entire farm lock..the others are free and clear.....
Hi Wayne,

It doesn't look like you have tried loading it with all your show items turned off.
Did you try that?

Go to a farm that you can load.

Remove the check marks for everything in your preferences that you can like show crops, show, trees, show buildings etc so that nothing is showing up at all. Remember to click on the green check mark to save the change.

Then try loading that farm.

If it locks up again, have a look in the FT console beneath your game screen and see if any error is showing up.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Nov 04 2023, 10:44 AM

When I uncecked everything, it did allow me to go in. THANKS for that help. when I went back in and checked the boxes on the lowest part (like freezing animals etc) and went back in, then the farm locked up again. I.ll play around with it, to see exactly which one is locking me out. First time this has happened to me

AGAIN...THANKS for all your help
Old Nov 04 2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
When I uncecked everything, it did allow me to go in. THANKS for that help. when I went back in and checked the boxes on the lowest part (like freezing animals etc) and went back in, then the farm locked up again. I.ll play around with it, to see exactly which one is locking me out. First time this has happened to me

AGAIN...THANKS for all your help
Hi Wayne,

I didn't see any animals on that farm, but a visitor would not see them all anyway.
Could you have changed the setting for animal behaviour on that specific farm?
Go to that farm and click on the farm name at the top your screen and see if it shows Select Animal Behaviour in this Farm. If it does click on it and then click on Always Freeze Animals to change the setting. Then click the green check mark to save the change.

The preference settings that can help with with loading issues......
Add the check mark for these:
  • Freeze Animals
    (loose animals on a farm and not in their buildings and especially when not frozen can be a huge drain on computer resources)
  • Compressed Graphics
    (having this on uses less resources)

Remove the check marks for these:
  • Show Feedback when Farming
  • Show animals when not at Home

Remember that you need to click the green check mark to save any changes you make in preferences.
Do you have problems when loading other farmers farms that may be bigger than yours and have far more on them?
If your computer is meeting the minimum requirements to play FT then you should not have any issues loading that farm. If it does not meet the minimum requirement then you may need to consider not having quite so many different crops on it and see if that helps.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Nov 17 2023, 09:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Default farms running very slow

someone told me i can get my farms cleaned?
user id 569601257 build no 563
Old Nov 17 2023, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon6069@hotmail.com View Post
someone told me i can get my farms cleaned?
user id 569601257 build no 563
Hi Sharon,
I moved your post to the thread about the game running slow. Cleaning your farms is not going to help you at this point. Please read the suggestions in the first post on the first page of this thread.
You have massive amounts of waters under your crops, trees, flowers and buildings. The more you have on those farms the slower they will be to load and move around them. The only thing I can suggest to you is to remove some of that layering to get your farms moving faster.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow running, slow saving