Old Sep 04 2016, 08:10 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old McMark View Post
I am not sure what the people who dont like the new tools are smoking, but I find them to be exactly what the tree/flower tools should have been all along. In my opinion, we don't need a switch. The new tools are much faster, and as people get used to them they will become converts and stop complaining. If you give them a switch, they will never use the new version, and will never realize what they have been missing. IMO, you should retroatctively switch all the tools to this style.
agreed. they are awesome. especially when people have a row of flowers diagonally. Makes Harvesting them sooo much Easier.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 04 2016, 08:29 AM
Account Not Linked

I LOVE the new tree shaker and flower harvester. They are fantastic. Takes a little getting use to but I am getting the hang of it. Can't wait for my flowers to get done so I can use the new flower harvester. Now we need a new chain saw.
Old Sep 04 2016, 08:50 AM

Okay being a person who wants to leave no stone unturned after my message yesterday of the useless new tools, I have done some testing and some studying and here are the results.

Their pointing mechanism is on a static grid based on a certain size farm. I just so happens to work perfectly on a 34x34 farm, but if one step either way from that, the tool starts OFF FARM (because the grid is out there) and wastes the amount of harvesting on the part of the harvester hanging off the farm. On the 34x farms, it starts at proper edge. To make the tools just fine, they need to allow the user to set the starting point of the harvest routine just as a farmer would drive to the place he wants to harvest rather than getting out in the road or woods to start the process to "make it even".

I do work as a superneighbor for a lady that has a 32x32 farm. Along the lower left of her farm she has 8 rows of some flower (only 8 rows)!! Using the new flower harvester you have to start so far OFF her farm to begin, that it only gets 2 rows of her flower and the other 6 rows on the second pass. For all those that think these tools are great and "just get use to them", tell me how making two passes with a 50FC tool is better than making one pass with a 30FC tool.

I do love the fact that we can keep growing our tools as the farms grow, but we can't allow functionality to be lost at the same time.

Fix: Let the farmer drive the tractor to the part of the farm he wants to work rather than arbitrary boundries set by the tractor salesman.
Old Sep 04 2016, 09:21 AM

I don't believe the new tree harvester is allowing my harvests to go to storage at this point. Can you check it please. Now I'm short on ALL the fruits that have been harvested for the past few days using the new tree shaker. Please help.
Old Sep 04 2016, 10:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the new release. I think the new tools are great. Once I got used to them I find it easier to work on all types of farm. If there is just a row of trees at the edge I find it much easier with the new tools as it could be difficult sometimes to select these trees with the old tools.
Old Sep 04 2016, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi View Post
I don't believe the new tree harvester is allowing my harvests to go to storage at this point. Can you check it please. Now I'm short on ALL the fruits that have been harvested for the past few days using the new tree shaker. Please help.
Hi sizzlinsssandi,
SInce the new tools have only been 1 day I don't think that is a problem just with the new tools. You may be hitting the maximum storage limit. When that happens then new harvests will not go into storage. You might want to look at selling off your non-ingredients and some of the excess amounts you have for items.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 04 2016, 11:17 AM

Question

Love this game, you dont even know how much lol!!. i was wondering about the new flowers. are they going to become a consumable item?? i understand the decoration factor but thats alot of new flowers just for decor. will they have a purpose other than decoration or is it their only purpose?

Thanks so much guys. Yall are awesome and keep up the awesome work!!
Old Sep 04 2016, 11:34 AM

That is NOT the problem, I only have 1,023 mangos and 123 Cherries, so I'm sure they aren't over the limit. I keep my non-ingredients cleared out constantly, so please see if there is another answer to my question, thanks so much. Love the new shaker, but I'm sure there is a problem with it storing products correctly. I'm "short' on figs, durans, cherries, nectarines, prunes.......so must be problem. Was NEVER short before on these fruits.
Old Sep 04 2016, 11:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi View Post
That is NOT the problem, I only have 1,023 mangos and 123 Cherries, so I'm sure they aren't over the limit. I keep my non-ingredients cleared out constantly, so please see if there is another answer to my question, thanks so much. Love the new shaker, but I'm sure there is a problem with it storing products correctly. I'm "short' on figs, durans, cherries, nectarines, prunes.......so must be problem. Was NEVER short before on these fruits.
Hi sizzlinsssandy,
It is not by individual item in storage, but a total of all the items in your storage. I have looked at your data and you have large amounts of many items. If this was a problem with the new tools then there would have been many more posting that their harvests were not being stored. I have checked this with my own tree harvests this morning and cannot duplicate it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 04 2016, 12:11 PM

Question

ok, I did go and sell off alot of products produced by my facilities. What is the "limit?" I did see several with 100,000,000 so I guess that's the limits? This is so confusing, because no where does it tell us we have limits and if so, what are they? Please tell me where to find that information. Thanks so much.
Closed Thread