Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 22 2018, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
I am still receiving Quests for Facilities that I don't have. The purpose of Quests, is to earn FarmCash. How can I earn farmcash when I can't complete the Quests? I don't know why they can't program the game to pick the facilities that the player has.
Hi Knolan,
I moved your post to General Feedback thread about quests, since you are not asking about a problem that we can help with in the forums.
The quests are given to you randomly. You chance of getting a quest for a facility you do not have is just as great as getting one you have the facilities for.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 22 2018, 04:45 PM

You can not tell me quests are random. Right now my wife has four quests and every one requires a FC facility she does not own. EVERY ONE! There is not a single quest out of the four she can complete. And those are 4 of the last 5 she has gotten. Random, i don't believe it!!!
Old Feb 22 2018, 04:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
You can not tell me quests are random. Right now my wife has four quests and every one requires a FC facility she does not own. EVERY ONE! There is not a single quest out of the four she can complete. And those are 4 of the last 5 she has gotten. Random, i don't believe it!!!
Hi John,
I moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about quests as you are not asking a question or problem that we can help with.
I am sorry you don't believe that the quests are assigned randomly and understand why you would think that, but the quests are randomly assigned by the program. Depending on how many facilities you own or don't own determines your chances for getting a quest that you have a facility for versus one you don't have a facility. The program does not look at what facilities you have or don't have before assigning your quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 22 2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi ccheney,
The quests are designed to take you from the first step of making a product to the last step. That is why you have to buy the ingredients first to make the items for producing the final product.
What I am saying is why should we have to buy ingredients for strawberry ice cream for example for the co-op quest Load Ice Cream Sandwich into a Facility when no where in the quest are we required to go to the ice cream factory to make the ice cream because we are also buying the ice cream. We could just buy the ice cream and the chocolate chip cookie and then load the ice cream sandwich. It's wasting coins and adding unneeded steps to buy the sugar strawberries cocoas etc when we aren't actually making anything with them.
Old Feb 22 2018, 11:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
What I am saying is why should we have to buy ingredients for strawberry ice cream for example for the co-op quest Load Ice Cream Sandwich into a Facility when no where in the quest are we required to go to the ice cream factory to make the ice cream because we are also buying the ice cream. We could just buy the ice cream and the chocolate chip cookie and then load the ice cream sandwich. It's wasting coins and adding unneeded steps to buy the sugar strawberries cocoas etc when we aren't actually making anything with them.
Hi ccheney,
If you want to make a suggestion about changing the way the quests are done then please post it in the Suggestions section.
Old Feb 23 2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I don't believe they are random either. Not when around every new release I and all my quest neighbors get the same quest at the same time requiring the same just released FC facilities.

Not long ago I had the exact same co-op quest to load a glass bowl decor in a facility 3 times in a row. One after the other. At the same time I had quest to make the glass bowl decor in the regular quests. How is that random?
Old Feb 23 2018, 04:57 PM

There is nothing in the patterns anyone describes to indicate that the algorithm is not random. What we are looking at here are independent events. That is, that the algorithm has no knowledge of the previous choices it has made, and so those cannot influence its new choice. It cannot exclude a facility it has chosen previously. It cannot choose to pick a coins facility if it previously picked an FC facility because it has no memory of what it has picked previously.

Y'all need to study probability a bit more.
Old Mar 08 2018, 12:39 PM

Default Quests

Quote:
6 days in a row of FC facilities being required. Kinda shuts down activity on Quests. I accept that they are 'random' but why are FC facility even listed in the ones available to be selected. In the past, when I really needed to complete the quest, I bought the FC facility required, but never used it again. Just that one quest. Now Quests are blocked by 5 long term (5 days or more) quests that all require FC facility so I have to wait for them to expire to even play another day.
Old Mar 09 2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
There is nothing in the patterns anyone describes to indicate that the algorithm is not random. What we are looking at here are independent events. That is, that the algorithm has no knowledge of the previous choices it has made, and so those cannot influence its new choice. It cannot exclude a facility it has chosen previously. It cannot choose to pick a coins facility if it previously picked an FC facility because it has no memory of what it has picked previously.

Y'all need to study probability a bit more.
I think you're right. it seems as if the balance of fc vs coins facilitys are approx 50-50 that it would be hard for it to select fc facilities 6 days in a row, but I guess that can happen. but the likliehood of anyone having one out of 3 or 4 fc facilities would be very small, I would guess. Most facilities selected are coins,no doubt or you could never do 8 in 7 days.
Old Mar 10 2018, 04:01 PM

It's all very reminiscent of Apple having to make its iPod less random so people would believe it was random.