Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Oct 08 2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell466 View Post
I am so fed up with workers who think they are in control when they get hired. I have been berated by workers when I hire more than one to work my farms. Since I am the owner of the farm, I am the only one who has the right to determine who and how many people I hire. I currently have 27 farms and there is plenty to go around if I hire more than one for a specific job. So if you come after me for multiple hiring, be prepare to get marked as ignore. You will be the reason you no longer get hired for work on my farms. There are plenty of other players who will gladly work side by side with others.
It is not that we don't like to work with others - we have to fight the game (and sometimes the players) for anything! Example. Most people's internet is faster than mine, so it doesn't matter how fast I can work (which is pretty speedy when I have good internet) also when more than 1 person is hired for the same job, and 1 is done before the other, that one who is done has to fight the game , on constantly reloading the farm so it can reflect the entire job is done, so we can get our bonus and move on. These are the 2 main reasons I have went to wanting Solo work only for the last 8 plus years way before this bonus thing came out, I was so tired of people being scabs and literally hogging the entire farm, instead of working one section and letting the other person (or persons) work other sections, as soon as they notice another person is there they start jumping all over the land harvesting/plowing - what ever the job maybe - so the other persons get little to nothing

Just last night , I asked for work - solo only - I was doing just fine on my own, next thing I know another person hops in, and the entire farm that I hadn't done yet - (it was the biggest land you can get and i had it about half way done) was harvested in like 30 seconds, Yet I spent the next 10 minutes reloading the farm, so the game would finally realize it was done and I could get my bonus and leave all together even though I was hired for several farms, I wasn't fighting no scab for some coins and xp! And there have been times I was just so ticked off after reloading several times and it still telling me there was work to be done, when there was none I just up and leave without a bonus at all! and that is not fair to me(or others who have to do it)

It would be much better for those who prefer to hire more than one person to not hire all the people for the exact same job - especially when the farm is a 12x12 - don't need 7 people to harvest/plow even with my slow internet I can get that done in a minute, I alone can get 34 full to the brim all jobs(meaning harvest/plow, chop trees, shake trees, harvest flowers, and fish stacked/staggered waters of 100 plus on each farm) done in about 30 minutes and I have the slowest internet known to man - it's a a step up from dial up (I'm not kidding! and it's broad band high speed at that!) so if one insists on hiring multiple people hire one to harvest and plow, one to chop, one to shake trees, one to do flowers, one to fish This way everyone gets a job, everyone gets bonuses without issues, and frustrations, and no one can be a scab and steal all the work from others. The game has made me "Chop" tree STUMPS because it's all that showed b/c a scab took them all, but it refused to show it was a complete job, every time I reloaded there were only tree stumps, I had to click them - wasting my fuel and time, to get a tiny bit of coins and like 4 xp

As for those in the Market place begging non stop I am convinced they are using hacking software to play the game! I can't prove it of course, but I've played long enough and several other similar games, to know a "Bot" when I see one They set the program to do specific things, and it works the game when they're no where near the game !
Old Oct 09 2018, 06:13 AM

Wink Think outside the box

TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE WITH ATVCHICK95. A lot of people do not know how to "think outside the box." not trying to sound mean, but that is exactly what I do. You have to get creative with your thinking. You can't expect the creators and developers of farmtown to FIX everything, because they CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE. I hire someone to do their own chore so that he/she is working SOLO for that one chore, or two. Another idea is that if you do have a lot of farms, you can hire one person to do ALL jobs for say 1/2 your farms then hire another person to do ALL chores for the rest of your farms. Because even tho lots of people like to do multiple farms, sometimes they have to leave and don't tell you why. We don't normally have to rehire someone again since we have the "auto rehire" option. But if for some reason that person you hired doesn't come back, at least you have someone else doing the rest of your farms. then you can ask that person who is already working to do the farms that the other person left. There are so many options we can do ourselves without having the creators and developers fix for us.
Old Oct 09 2018, 08:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn06 View Post
TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE WITH ATVCHICK95. A lot of people do not know how to "think outside the box." not trying to sound mean, but that is exactly what I do. You have to get creative with your thinking. You can't expect the creators and developers of farmtown to FIX everything, because they CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE. I hire someone to do their own chore so that he/she is working SOLO for that one chore, or two. Another idea is that if you do have a lot of farms, you can hire one person to do ALL jobs for say 1/2 your farms then hire another person to do ALL chores for the rest of your farms. Because even tho lots of people like to do multiple farms, sometimes they have to leave and don't tell you why. We don't normally have to rehire someone again since we have the "auto rehire" option. But if for some reason that person you hired doesn't come back, at least you have someone else doing the rest of your farms. then you can ask that person who is already working to do the farms that the other person left. There are so many options we can do ourselves without having the creators and developers fix for us.
In addition to having trouble when others are hired for the same farm I have trouble when the person who hired me is on the farm planting while I'm harvesting. This is why I stay off of my farms until I get the notice that my hire has finished and moved to another farm.
Old Oct 09 2018, 02:20 PM

When there is a second or third farmer on one farm the bonus cannot be received by me. I try never to harvest etc. On a farm that another farmer is working but i hace been deprived of my bonus by other farmers. I never intentionally hire more than one farmer for a farm. It just isn't considerate or polite. I feel that doing so is rude.
Old Oct 09 2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighwj1960 View Post
In addition to having trouble when others are hired for the same farm I have trouble when the person who hired me is on the farm planting while I'm harvesting. This is why I stay off of my farms until I get the notice that my hire has finished and moved to another farm.
I was starting to think that was only an issue for me! I was blaming my internet LOL but every time the farm owner is on the land working - planting seeds- it lags me out, and I keep getting the pop up about what ever it was they planted in the end it takes me longer to do the job and I've even hid crops after I was done harvesting /plowing, or if it was just a empty plowed field when I was hired to do other stuff, and it still does it every time
Old Oct 09 2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancockcharlotte View Post
When there is a second or third farmer on one farm the bonus cannot be received by me. I try never to harvest etc. On a farm that another farmer is working but i hace been deprived of my bonus by other farmers. I never intentionally hire more than one farmer for a farm. It just isn't considerate or polite. I feel that doing so is rude.
Yep, when that happens you have to keep hitting reload for that farm, until the game finally recognizes the job(s) are done, and not only is it annoying, but it's time consuming, I could of had my bonus collected and moved on to the next farm by the time I finally get it to see it's done and give me my bonus , now due to that - if I see someone else on the farm (and it's not the owner) before I start working and I was hired to do more than one farm I'll just to the last farm I was hired to do and work my way back, typically doing this -makes it as "Solo" as you can get when they hire multiple people. Especially if you work faster than the other person/people , example a few days ago I was hired for 30 farms, farm 1 had 3 other people which I saw them before I even started so I jumped to farm 30 by the time I finally met back up with any of them I was on like farm 10 and just finishing up when they ''arrived" . so I grabbed my bonus and headed back to the market place didn't bother to check any other farms to see if they did it all or not. It's the only way I can handle doing farms when they hire more than one.

And I agree it is rude of them to hire more than one for the same job especially when you specifically ask to do jobs solo
Old Oct 11 2018, 11:39 PM

I have 32 farms and most of them have everything on them. If I have all jobs available on my farms I break it up. I'll hire someone to do H/P and someone else to do trees and someone else to fish and someone to do flowers. That way no one is fighting over things and everyone gets something and they won't feel overwhelmed if they don't have large tools or tools larger than my 10x10 tools.
Old Oct 11 2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post

And I agree it is rude of them to hire more than one for the same job especially when you specifically ask to do jobs solo
I also think it is rude to hire more than one person for the same job when they are all using the employers extended tools. No one is getting anything that way. What I do when that happens and if there are several farms given I will go to the last farm and work it and work my way up.
Old Oct 12 2018, 05:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to leighwj1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
I have 32 farms and most of them have everything on them. If I have all jobs available on my farms I break it up. I'll hire someone to do H/P and someone else to do trees and someone else to fish and someone to do flowers. That way no one is fighting over things and everyone gets something and they won't feel overwhelmed if they don't have large tools or tools larger than my 10x10 tools.
If I have multiple farms I tend to hire people to do all the jobs but split the farms up. For example 1 person might do all jobs on farms 1-4 and another 2-8.
I do it this way because just having someone else on the farm working even if we are not doing the same jobs tends to crash my computer or at least slow it to a crawl. I've even had trouble if the farm owner is replanting at the same time which is why I don't go to my farm until all the work is done.
Old Oct 21 2018, 03:02 AM

Has anyone listed crops in order of cost effectiveness (e.g. largest coin gain based on purchase price, sale price, and growing time)? If so, where are the results posted?