Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29 2009, 01:31 AM

I have just posted the following in the facebook, and this is my own opinion:

I think that it's good that farm town continues to grow. The choice of a second farm is also a good option as I can see that my own farm is getting big, and when I see my farm from a distance, there's really nothing is too clear.

To have a 2nd farm, starting all over is just as exciting as you have just begun your 1st farm, perhaps more so this time, with all the new stuff that are due to come out and you sure know what to expect of yourselves to make your 2nd farms grow.

To have a 2nd farm or 3rd farm all linked to our 1st farm isn't a thing of new, we've seen this option in many other games here in facebook, i.e. Fish World, Fish Life. Both these games you can add upto more than 10 fish tanks. So to complain about farm town giving you the same option would be absurd.

The only thing I could think of that is negative about this is the price of the 2nd farm. I don't think many players are willing to put forth 3,000,000 coins for a 2nd farm when they can simply apply for a new facebook account, and then open up another farm, but the bad thing about opening another account to have a 2nd farm is that you can't name that 2nd farm the same name, you have to give it another name, and it is not linking to your 1st farm.

If you have bought a 2nd farm through farm town you don't have to worry about signing off and on, or forgetting passwords and stuff like that, and you can also move things from 1st farm to the 2nd farm.

I don''t know. I like the idea of the 2nd farm linking to my first farm, but to buy it for 3,000,000 coins is a bit too much. Perhaps Farm Town will lower this price to make this a more pleasant transition.

Sandie Angel )
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:39 AM

I bought the first upgrade and tried to do the second one and it didnt work. I tried it twice and lost 200,000. Please let me know whats up.
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judi mcghee View Post
omg i just spent 3 mill dollars to buy what i thought was a land upgrade , i came back to my farm no change in size, to find out my 3 mill bought me land somewhere else , thats not what i wanted , how do i get my money back im not happy at all. it should have stated the upgrad wouldnt be added to my farm but another place i have to go to . please someone help me i want my money back , the land upgrade is a ripoff for 3 mill.
it did say that it would be a second farm. spelled it out very plainly in fact. don't complain because you did not read carefully enough.

P.S. If you see me and say hi when you stop by but I don't respond, I am most likely on the forum! Please feel free to leave a note!!
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:55 AM

I agree - I want to upgrade my Farm #1 not any other farms
Old Nov 29 2009, 01:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch0769 View Post
never said anything about FV being better than FT, just said certain things are implemented in a more effecient way, programming wise over at FV. I mean it shows by how many users there are... 66milllion vs. 18 million. I love farm town and will argue for it against my friends who play farm ville but i do question some of the programmers decisions here.
Can you tell me how this update is not being implemented in an efficient way? They are rolling the update out slowly because past updates have taught them that major updates to all 300 + servers at one time can cause major problems for people that takes weeks to fix and puts them behind on what they want to do with the game. The last time they did a rolling update it took a month this one is only going to take a few days in my opinion that is not that bad. Just because you don't have the update doen't mean they are being inefficient about this update. I wish people would stop comparing farm town to farm villa there is no need in doing that. I don't play farm villa but I do play other zanga games and if FV is anything like them it is a joke when it comes to updates and how things work. In my opinion Zanga would rather turn out more apps to make more money then to make the apps they do have great apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch0769 View Post
I would much rather have a game that works right, than a game with millions of random goodies and options... get the XP problem right before you continue adding on to the game.... learn from the users or the game will die... example: farmville 66,000,000 users... farm town: 16,000,000 users... hmmmmm?

In this post you say ft has 16 million users in another you say 18 million FYI Farm Town as over 27 million users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missykay View Post
I am one of the users that doesn't have the second farm available yet. But I was excited to know you can store the trees now. And was even more ecstatic when I went to my farm and found you can store the flowers also!!!! I had extra flowers I couldn't find the right place for and didn't want to sell them so I can use later. Now I can store them instead of having them in just a bunch. Thank you so much!!!! Can't wait to get my second farm!!!

I am reposting this because I just went through the thread and saw that it costs $3 MILLION coins to purchase a 12x12 farm!?!?!?! Is this what we have waited so long for???? Then the upgrades start at 100,000 for 14x14 and increase by 100,000 up to 20x20 for 400K???? So a new farm and all upgrades costs 4 MILLION COINS!?!?!?!?!?

That is completely ridiculous!!! Our original farms cost a total of 230,000 coins for a 24x24 farm!!! How is a total of 4 million for a farm 2 sizes smaller even remotely fair????? That is so out of proportion!! I can see the 2nd farm costing like 100,000 coins and each upgrade costing 10,000 or 15,000 (since it was 5,000 difference for original). I know there's inflation, but I bet one reason people play games like this is because we don't have to worry about it like the real world!!

We have waited so long for this option and now, to me at least, it feels like we're getting screwed!! I think you need to rethink the prices and make them more fair. I'm level 42 now and have about 2.6 million coins and have been playing since spring/summer. So I have saved up. But for those who haven't been playing as long or like to buy holiday items and more decorations, 3 million coins for the second farm is really ridiculous and FAR FROM BEING FAIR!!!!

I was so excited when I saw the top of the thread but then completely disappointed when I discovered the costs! We've waited so long, please go back and make the costs more fair!!!!! Especially for those who have been loyal and patient for all these months of waiting!

There's my rant for the day!
THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE. If you have been playing since the spring you should have tons of coins unless you have spent them on things, I personally think the 5,100,000 coins it takes to get to the 24x24 second farm very fair and just right, it makes you really work for more land and not just get more land handed to you because you have planted a farm full of any crop. Coins are free and easy to get in this game the developers could have made the second farm FC only but they didn't. A week ago I had over 6.5 million coins, and I have not worked for others in about 3 months, which let me buy most of the stuff I wanted and to upgrade my second farm all the way up to 24x24 now I'm low on coins again but I can always earn more by planting crops or pimping myself out at the mp.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Nov 29 2009, 02:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Dungarees View Post
Have you considered that expanding the farm even larger probably isn't within the parameters of Adobe Flash? As such that has NOTHING to do with the devs. They can't change that. Also have you tried working on a large farm with loads of stuff on it? Lags a lot doesn't it? How do you think that will be if the farm was even larger? Most people simply don't have enough RAM to process that and would render the game unplayable for many thousands of perfectly happy farmers.
My farm has plenty of stuff...24x24 and full to the hilt, and no, it is not slow and does not lag. And, there isn't anything magic about 24x24 being the largest when it comes to Adobe Flash.
Old Nov 29 2009, 02:09 AM

Not so new I know it was against the rules but have spoken frequently to people in the marketplace who already have 2 farms.
Old Nov 29 2009, 02:15 AM

OK, I can buy a second farm, but will we eventually get to enlarge the farm we already have?
Old Nov 29 2009, 02:19 AM

I think this is great! I only have one FB account and have been on FarmTown long enough to have a nice little nest egg put away for just such an investment. Of course, I think something good is worth working and waiting to get....so I have my farm and a couple of expansions and will keep plowing away until I get to a high enough level to max out the second farm and start to pretty it up for the holidays. Good job!!
Old Nov 29 2009, 02:25 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

woohooooooooooooooo I'm sooo excited I woke up this morning entered farmtown with the pop up message that I can buy another farm!

so off I went, spent everything I had (well almost lol) and I'm impressed at the ease of swapping between farms.

I've not tried the hiring part yet but wow FarmTown creators you are all amazing ... thankyou so much for all you do to improve game play.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread