Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 28 2010, 06:50 PM
Account Not Linked

also, been playing for 10 minutes and no little man pop up yet. fingers are crossed.
Old Apr 28 2010, 07:03 PM

have all the new seeds planted. No doubt the typos will get fixed before I harvest though
Old Apr 28 2010, 07:33 PM

The upgrades are always welcome, but not when other issues are created. Goat Cheese cannot be made in the dairy facility. The start production button doesn't "start" production. There is no sense in having new facilities if we defeat the production of the existing facilities. Perhaps, you can find some time soon to correct this issue.
Old Apr 28 2010, 07:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Piggy View Post
The upgrades are always welcome, but not when other issues are created. Goat Cheese cannot be made in the dairy facility. The start production button doesn't "start" production. There is no sense in having new facilities if we defeat the production of the existing facilities. Perhaps, you can find some time soon to correct this issue.
Read what Raul posted: 2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dynamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.
Old Apr 28 2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Read what Raul posted: 2. We had to limit the amount of products you can have producing at the same time on each facility.

The risk of inflation is too high which could impact the game dynamics significantly. The general rule is, you can only have 15 days of continuos production pending for each recipe.
I think Raul said dinamics *runs*
Old Apr 28 2010, 08:57 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
I think Raul said dinamics *runs*

Oooh Where's Ell's rubber chicken? Lol
Old Apr 29 2010, 08:00 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I know what inflation is and how it works in real life. But can someone explain to he in words of one syllable or less so I can understand how you have inflation in a game?

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 29 2010, 11:05 AM
Account Not Linked

Without limits on production/profits, you get a runaway effect where you end up amassing coins/XP faster and faster the higher your level gets. I haven't looked at the new sandwiches and stuff but will use pizza as an example. They changed it so you can't get the pizza materials anymore as gifts (mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, etcc.) But lets go back to when you could. Let's assume you had 50 friends. They each sent you materials to make pizzas. Then you set up your farms at maxed out sizes (all 3 of mine are maxed sizes but not max plowed) so that you harvest every single day enough to make pizzas.
With the profit markup on the products and then the additional markup on the pizzas, it becomes an exponential growth where you amass so many coins so fast that one of two things happen.
1) You get totally bored with the game and quit because its too easy.
2) You get so many coins that they have to raise the price of everything to reflect the higher ranked players coins but that isn't fair to the lower players.

Somewhere, you have to have controls or things get way out of hand. Right now, my coin counter on the game itself shows just over 130 million coins. Last night I added up my storage and its above 80 million. I have over 200 million coins, what in the world will I ever spend them on? Nothing.
Old Apr 29 2010, 02:57 PM
Account Not Linked

To add to what JustHikk said. People where planting like 2800 pineapples and loading them all into the juice factory at one time. Then getting friends to help and it only taking a day to produce all that juice. Well here is the math on the juice.

2800 fields of pineapples = 560 batches of juice with the juice you make 960 coins per field of pineapples so you would make 2,688,000 just off of that alone. Not bad for 4 days worth of work. It is that reason they have limited the production. This doesn't even take into account people helping this friend and getting free juice to sell.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Apr 29 2010, 03:29 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
To add to what JustHikk said. People where planting like 2800 pineapples and loading them all into the juice factory at one time. Then getting friends to help and it only taking a day to produce all that juice. Well here is the math on the juice.

2800 fields of pineapples = 560 batches of juice with the juice you make 960 coins per field of pineapples so you would make 2,688,000 just off of that alone. Not bad for 4 days worth of work. It is that reason they have limited the production. This doesn't even take into account people helping this friend and getting free juice to sell.
Well, ok I see your point. I never played that way but I'm absolutely certain there are those who have. I can't say I appreciate having to pay for some other farmer's poor judgment but I get the point. Thanks for the explanation.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread