Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 07 2013, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

i just bought the 3x3 tools and started doing my own flowers, trees, chopping and fishing. also bought the harvester, bigger plow, and seeder...its surprizing how much time i saved from not standing in the market trying vainly to get somebody to even agree to work....let alone finish the job...didnt even have to spend 20-30 minutes going to each farm to check to see if work was done...i already KNEW it was!!
Old Feb 08 2013, 06:26 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady0914 View Post
yesterday i hired one i guess who was none of the buddy,friend, or neighbor and he just kept whing about moving stuff( flowers) so he could fish easier, saying that i was trying to cheat him out of his bonus, and further more he would not get paid anything for all the work he had already done, unless i moved stuff to his liking, and finally after he got his "bonus" he informed me that i should come over to his farm to work so he could tutor me on how to set up my farm so it would be more to his liking...puleeze
I would've asked him why he didn't just use the dim feature
Old Feb 08 2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady0914 View Post
yesterday i hired one i guess who was none of the buddy,friend, or neighbor and he just kept whing about moving stuff( flowers) so he could fish easier, saying that i was trying to cheat him out of his bonus, and further more he would not get paid anything for all the work he had already done, unless i moved stuff to his liking, and finally after he got his "bonus" he informed me that i should come over to his farm to work so he could tutor me on how to set up my farm so it would be more to his liking...puleeze
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
I would've asked him why he didn't just use the dim feature
I would have too....that is the best thing they ever gave us. It dims everything except what you are harvesting. But you do need to have the tools to go with it!!! I NEVER hide anything anymore!!!!

This is when we need the fire button!!!
Old Feb 08 2013, 11:28 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I would have too....that is the best thing they ever gave us. It dims everything except what you are harvesting. But you do need to have the tools to go with it!!! I NEVER hide anything anymore!!!!

This is when we need the fire button!!!
Using the HIDE portion of the dimmer switch is the best thing ever!!!!

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2013, 11:34 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijntje View Post
Sometimes I miss the "old market" where you could be hired and had a sea of time to do the job you where asked to do.
A while ago I left (as usual) a half farm to a starter and did the other farms. As always I send a "ty for the job" in message before leaving. Got a furious yelling response back because I did not finish the first farm . Nowadays FT is too slow to load farms, so I do no longer go back to see if all is done.
On the market there are all kind of people.
I continue to leave half or whole farms to jobstarters and hire always starters on my smallest farm although 9/10 I have to do "the rest". You can only change yourself.
Mieke
I do this, too, but I go to the last farm and work my way back towards the one I saw the noob on and I only stop when I see there's no work left on any farm. I get most of the work and bonus boxes and I don't feel bad because most likely the noob will have given up before they even get half-way thru some of these farms and I'm probably keeping crops from going bad. if I have to overlap the noob at the end, oh well. I was hired for a job, my loyalty is to the boss, so I make sure ALL the work is done before I leave.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

Old Feb 08 2013, 01:15 PM

I agree with many of you. I have all the tools, including a turbo boat, combine, the works. When I am hired and there are other workers struggling along, obvious newbies, I start at the last farm and work my way up. As stated before, it helps prevent crops from going to waste, and I know my "boss" is getting his/her stores filled up with goodies for facilities or to sell. I leave work for newbies so they can get xp's and harvests. We all started this game ignorant and in need of time and experience, and I want newbies to learn as much as they can so they can get the pleasure I do out of the game, and to stick with it like many of us have over the years. I LOVE the dimmer option. I do it so it totally hides what isn't needed to be worked on, then I know when I'm done. Clicking on the bonus also lets you know when you've got it all, a great feature.

Regarding hiring for my own farms: I still haven't figured out the best method of getting all jobs on all farms done 100% of the time other than doing it myself. Many newbies are intimidated by the size of my farms and the level of work needed. Some folks are either greedy or just don't have all the tools so they leave what they don't want or can't quickly do. I wish they would message me, or not take the job, but that just doesn't happen. People are, first and foremost, pretty self-oriented and harvest what they want, leave what they don't, and there's no guarantee unless you hire someone you already know who has reliably worked for you in the past. Of course, and somewhat aggravating, there are no bonuses for working for neighbors/ buddies. That should be changed. Devotion and dedication should be rewarded, and going through the effort over a period of time to develop FT friendships should result in some benefit.

Overall, the turn of the game is general improvement, though. I like how the upgrades do tend to make the game better and better. They must, MUST, separate crops from trees and flowers soon. That is a drag for the greedy ones who leave trees and flowers.... It forces us to only hire for trees and flowers either as a multihire or when the crops are not ready. An inconvenience, and not a huge one, but a bother nonetheless.

I find, too, that clear communication at the time of being hired or when hiring helps a lot. Most people on FT are polite and understanding and want to please. It's just a few bad eggs that make it hard at times.

Happy farming, all!

Becky
Old Feb 08 2013, 04:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ScottD198

Becky-You would work well with our group of players. Please request me as a friend to get started with us. We have 150 or so members who are active. My email is a.scott.dean@ gmail.com and my name is a. scott dean, tolland, CT.

Biggest problem we have is people coming in to harvest/plow and skip the trees et cetera. This type of behavior has caused me to do my won with the big tools. However I do like to help the less fortunate.
Old Feb 08 2013, 06:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnana View Post
I do this, too, but I go to the last farm and work my way back towards the one I saw the noob on and I only stop when I see there's no work left on any farm. I get most of the work and bonus boxes and I don't feel bad because most likely the noob will have given up before they even get half-way thru some of these farms and I'm probably keeping crops from going bad. if I have to overlap the noob at the end, oh well. I was hired for a job, my loyalty is to the boss, so I make sure ALL the work is done before I leave.
I do this too and quite often I've found the noob has only harvested and plowed but left all the trees, flowers and fishing. I will still end up with a good bonus. Do these people not know about the bonuses. Unless everything is done they're not going to get it.
Old Feb 11 2013, 06:19 PM

Unhappy hired workers not completing the job

I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?
Old Feb 11 2013, 09:20 PM

Level:
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit 13 View Post
I have hired workers from market and the ones who want to work solo, not one has ever once finished the 17 farms, I think they are daunted by the many farms to do, should I tell them at the market before I hire them?
its much easier to split the work between a few workers, that way you don't wear one person out especially if they don't have the big tools or a fast computer.....and not all workers who say they can do the work actually can!!! I have hired people who say they can do the work, then returned to find out they don't have a combine at all are leave half the farm undone because its so hard to harvest and then plow big farms...and there are still people out there who do not realise they have to actually finish all the work and click on the bonus chest to claim the reward...some seem to think they get it automatically....If I go to market for work, I only do harvest and plow due to the number of farmers who have trees and flowers planted haphazardly all over their farms...makes it impossible to work with big tools..and takes too much time as well...just not worth it to me...much prefer the bigger farms with 9x and 3x fields..can do those in a flash..compared to the decorated farms, lol

Visit 's Farm