Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 14 2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
The PROBLEM is that you can't get to 5 concurrent quests. NOBODY has reported in the forum that they were able to get 5 going at once. I've asked several times!

It's sounds really nice to say you can have up to 5 concurrent requests, but just because I say you can fly, it doesn't mean if you flap your arms hard enough you'll be able to take off.

Thats my point, YOU CAN'T GET TO 5 CONCURRENT QUESTS. I'm at level 310 with all the facilities, so I don't get stuck on quests. I don't buy the argument that we get 5 quests to allow us to be stuck on a couple. If the Developers want to reward us higher level players, then it should be a viable reward, not just pie in sky we can't obtain.

PLEASE Don't tell me to go slower on completing the quests, I'm not trying all that hard and I finish almost all of them in two days. That's the result of having all the tools at level 310.

Once again, I'm not complaining. As a Beta Tester, who has spent real cash on this game, I'm reporting a PROBLEM. The quests aren't working as stated!

I suspect the developers reluctance to fix this situation is that once they start giving away FC, they are afraid that the higher levels will be able to earn too much, too quickly. Hopefully they will realize that they have already squeezed enough cash from the higher level players and REWARD us.
Have you put in the suggestions that you would like to be able to run five concurrent quests?

When the devs put up to five, I do not believe it was a promise. I do understand you would like it to be possible even though you complete quests quickly.

If you want this changed or added you can put it in the suggestions threads if you have not already done so.
Old Mar 14 2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
The PROBLEM is that you can't get to 5 concurrent quests. NOBODY has reported in the forum that they were able to get 5 going at once. I've asked several times!

Thats my point, YOU CAN'T GET TO 5 CONCURRENT QUESTS. I'm at level 310 with all the facilities, so I don't get stuck on quests. I don't buy the argument that we get 5 quests to allow us to be stuck on a couple. If the Developers want to reward us higher level players, then it should be a viable reward, not just pie in sky we can't obtain.

I suspect the developers reluctance to fix this situation is that once they start giving away FC, they are afraid that the higher levels will be able to earn too much, too quickly. Hopefully they will realize that they have already squeezed enough cash from the higher level players and REWARD us.

Slow down....

I, too, am a level 310.... and with my points, it is safe to assume I could be level 750+ if they released that many levels tomorrow..

On one account I currently have 5... FIVE... Quests open.

Two require the same facility (Air Freshener) that I neither have nor want...... and I can afford to buy it if I wish to. But I do not have to wait for them to expire to move on.
Two are just waiting for the final time to run out.
The fifth was just opened this morning.

By the way... I am not sure I ever came across part of Farm Town that was designed to actually "squeeze" cash.... from me or any of the higher players.

On the contrary, I have found that the quirks, and glitches etc that are in the game - perhaps on purpose as they are not removed - have helped us advance in the GAME.

Play the Quests you want to... skip the ones you do not want to.. Works for me.

Last edited by Tony D; Mar 14 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old Mar 14 2012, 02:53 PM

I think the most I've had going at once is 3.....But if I get "veggie snacks" one more time I,m going to scream........Seems like I keep getting the same quests over and over and I've completed everyone.......
Old Mar 14 2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Slow down....

I, too, am a level 310.... and with my points, it is safe to assume I could be level 750+ if they released that many levels tomorrow..

Two require the same facility (Air Freshener) that I neither have nor want...... and I can afford to buy it if I wish to. But I do not have to wait for them to expire to move on.

By the way... I am not sure I ever came across part of Farm Town that was designed to actually "squeeze" cash.... from me or any of the higher players.

On the contrary, I have found that the quirks, and glitches etc that are in the game - perhaps on purpose as they are not removed - have helped us advance in the GAME.

Old Mar 14 2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
Let's take this 1 step at a time and see if you can grasp this.Not everyone plays full throttle and tries to complete quests soon as they are available.Some people actually do turn FT off and do things other than play sim farm games.The chances are that many have 5 concurrent quest going,and as forum users represent a tiny fraction of people who play,its not that hard to see why 900 people are not posting about having 5 going at once.The quest are setup in such a way that ALL users can play them as fast or slow as they deem fit.If you can't get 5 going,that doesn't mean 1000 others don't have 5 open.
The notion that if someone says flap your arms and you can fly is not even close to apples and oranges.I can if I choose have 5 open at the same time,get it?The game,and the quest are made for everyone,and made for people with lots of time,or little time.

Definition of the prepositional phrase "up to" As far as or approaching a certain point.Example..you can have up to 13 farms currently.You do not have to have 13 farms,however,it is available to those who CHOOSE to have 13.
I don't get it.
"I can if I choose have 5 open at the same time,get it?"
So are you saying that you have had 5 concurrent quests going? If so I stand corrected. If you haven't, then PLEASE try to accomplish this feat and let everyone know how successful you were. If you can't do it, it would also be nice to hear your experience. Hey, we are after all: BETA TESTERS.

I haven't heard anyone else say they have. To me, the silence is deafening and I think that in itself makes my point. Sure, this forum only represents a fraction of the players, but they are a vocal fraction and one could logically suppose (I'm not assuming anything :-) that there would have been a response by now. NOTE: It's been a month since I first asked.

My initial statement still stands: THERE IS NO WAY to get to 5 concurrent quests UNLESS you can't do some of them.

PS: I'm not playing "full throttle", I spend less then 15 minutes a day on the quests.
Old Mar 14 2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Slow down....

So you have 3 ACTIVE QUESTS and 2 INACTIVE QUESTS, that you can't complete because you don't have the facilities. I personally don't consider that 5 concurrent quests.
But if it works for you, I'm fine with that.

I'm at 310 with all the facilities,and I believe that there are others like me who don't have the impediment of QUESTS we can't complete.

We don't seem to be able to get to the stated 5 concurrent quests. Part of the problem is the fact that we can easily complete the quests. Usually in 2 days, (one did take 3) even for a 7 day quest!

Once again - I'm not complaining - I LOVE THE QUESTS. I'm just trying to tell it like it is.

I really wish someone would come forth and say they had 5 really long quests going and they managed to start the 5th one before they finished the 1st.

I just haven't been able to do it with the current limit of 1 quest per 20 hr farm town day.

NOTE: I only have one account - I can only afford so much time, effort and cash for this game. I have a very active life, since at my age if I get too slow they may put me in the ground

I prefer to wake up on the sunny side of the grass and not under it...
Old Mar 14 2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
Have you put in the suggestions that you would like to be able to run five concurrent quests?

When the devs put up to five, I do not believe it was a promise. I do understand you would like it to be possible even though you complete quests quickly.

If you want this changed or added you can put it in the suggestions threads if you have not already done so.
I guess I could put this in as a suggestion, but if you really think about it, it's a problem because it's impractical/impossible to achieve what is stated as a possiblity.

Thanks for adding your opinion, IMHO, thats one of the reasons for a forum. "To hear other peoples opinions" - I'm still hoping to hear from someone who was able to accomplish 5 active concurrent quests.

If I'm wrong (it won't be the first time) the developers should hear it and be able to make the correct choice about whether or not it needs fixing.
Old Mar 14 2012, 10:25 PM
Account Not Linked

why is everyone getting uptight about having "five" quests running at one time? surely all that means is you've either failed or failing at the previous four?

five is the limit you 'can' have on any one account. not the limit you 'should' have or should aspire to.

Last edited by Tony D; Mar 15 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old Mar 14 2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I guess I could put this in as a suggestion, but if you really think about it, it's a problem because it's impractical/impossible to achieve what is stated as a possiblity.

Thanks for adding your opinion, IMHO, thats one of the reasons for a forum. "To hear other peoples opinions" - I'm still hoping to hear from someone who was able to accomplish 5 active concurrent quests.

If I'm wrong (it won't be the first time) the developers should hear it and be able to make the correct choice about whether or not it needs fixing.
I believe the developers have already made the correct choice. Have you noticed that they haven't FIXED it. It aint broke so it don't need fixin.

Old Mar 14 2012, 10:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I don't get it.
"I can if I choose have 5 open at the same time,get it?"
So are you saying that you have had 5 concurrent quests going? If so I stand corrected. If you haven't, then PLEASE try to accomplish this feat and let everyone know how successful you were. If you can't do it, it would also be nice to hear your experience. Hey, we are after all: BETA TESTERS.

I haven't heard anyone else say they have. To me, the silence is deafening and I think that in itself makes my point. Sure, this forum only represents a fraction of the players, but they are a vocal fraction and one could logically suppose (I'm not assuming anything :-) that there would have been a response by now. NOTE: It's been a month since I first asked.

My initial statement still stands: THERE IS NO WAY to get to 5 concurrent quests UNLESS you can't do some of them.

PS: I'm not playing "full throttle", I spend less then 15 minutes a day on the quests.
First,no I have not had 5 "active" quest going..4 active and 1 for the perfume factory which I don't want.I can easily get 5 quest going by simply cutting my time down from 30-40 mins a day to 10-20,and do the quest as I have time.
Second,the quest are not centered around people who try to rush through them,they are made for all levels of gametime,ie..someone who does not care if they finish a quest in the least amount of time.They can get "UP TO" 5 going at the same time.Your initial statement is wrong,I will happily post a screenshot of 5 quest that I can do.
I think what you actually want,is the ability to open 5 quest at once,not have 5 going.If thats what you want,post that is the suggestion as someone said,but the quest as they are now are working as promised.