Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 13 2020, 06:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
The shortcut is an existing one I've had for a long time, and it is not one of the new ones that were added in the neighbor spots.

In the toolbox, the port shows none.

It happens every time I have ships to load.

I did a memcache and browser cleaning, thinking that might fix it. I even replaced the shortcut with a different one, then saved and did a few things, then refreshed and went back in and re-created the shortcut but it didn't change.

It started right after this last update, but EVERYTHING else I had issue with before - my gifts and the market place issue are FIXED, so I was hesitant to raise the issue but I did ask other farmers if they had the same thing. It's a relatively minor glitch. Oh, the train manager DOES clear, so it's just the cargo port shortcut. And like I said, a simple refresh does clear it. I do get a fair amount of ships, on and off throughout the day/night, so that's the only reason I brought it up.

I hope I answered all your questions. Thanks!
Hi SirMatthew KC,

Thank you very much for your additional information, most helpful. We have been keeping an eye on this since you posted but unfortunately have not been able to reproduce it consistency like you can. It might be that you have your seaport in a different space than we have placed ours in or it's something else, so we're not sure what is causing it. So from your information it's only not clearing the counter on the seaport shortcut and forcing you to reload to correct it.

As it's happening every single time you get a ship I would like you to contact support about this please.

Those using Yahoo email are having issues with getting responses from support, so if you have that and are able to use a different email host to contact them, please your alternative for the time being.

In case you need the instructions for contacting support, here they are:

Click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

Out of curiosity, just in case it is the particular space you have used for the seaport, I have labelled all the possible spaces in the picture below with white text. If you don't mind telling us which one you have the seaport manager in we will try again and see if we can reproduce it consistently as well:

Thank you
Old Aug 13 2020, 07:27 AM

hi im having issues unsure if anyone else is after loading a container then exiting the ships screen if a ship pops up as needing loaded at my port then screen goes white asif its loading and just saying loading ship and never does i have to refresh it doesn't happen all the time but its happening alot more frequently than i'd like it to as its annoying if im in the middle of something. i've cleared cookies/mem and everything before asking for help here
Old Aug 13 2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
hi im having issues unsure if anyone else is after loading a container then exiting the ships screen if a ship pops up as needing loaded at my port then screen goes white asif its loading and just saying loading ship and never does i have to refresh it doesn't happen all the time but its happening alot more frequently than i'd like it to as its annoying if im in the middle of something. i've cleared cookies/mem and everything before asking for help here

Hi Alexm2012

As far as I can remember, this is the first report about this problem.

If you have already cleared your memcache and that didnt work for you, then:

Did you try other browser to check if you get the same problem?

Also, try clearing your browser cache, if you need instructions on this you can find them for some browsers in the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890

Please remember that after clearing your browser cache, the game will load a little slower as all graphics have to be loaded from fresh.

EDIT TO ADD: One thing you posted is it is annoying if you are in the middle of something. That made me think if you working factories or doing jobs on your farms or others and you get the pop up to load next container maybe it keeps on loading as things you were doing are still not saved in your data.
Please try to check if the save icon has red numbers or it is still blue when you get the pop up for the container. If it shows numbers or it is still blue, you should wait for the icon to save everything and turns white before clicking to load the container.

Last edited by marymarcel; Aug 13 2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old Aug 17 2020, 03:06 PM

don't know what happened, but all of the sudden my seaport manager does not work anymore. It says: there are no ships docked on your farm. I can access my ships one by one.
Old Aug 17 2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibovee View Post
don't know what happened, but all of the sudden my seaport manager does not work anymore. It says: there are no ships docked on your farm. I can access my ships one by one.

Hi nibovee

I moved your post to the thread about Ships.

When you open your Seaport Manager if you click in My Seaport button and you didnt receive any ships from your friends then you will see a message like that.

If you click in My Ships button and you dont see your ships there, please click in the eye to open it and check if you can see them. Also see if you have a check mark for each of your ships to let them show up in that tab.
Old Aug 17 2020, 03:18 PM

thxs, for your answer. Will try that.
Old Aug 17 2020, 03:19 PM

yeah, that worked. Thxs a lot. don't know how that could happen, but it looke fixed.
Old Aug 17 2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
thxs, for your answer. Will try that.
Quote:
yeah, that worked. Thxs a lot. don't know how that could happen, but it looke fixed.
Glad it worked nibovee and thanks for coming back to let us know
Old Aug 20 2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi SirMatthew KC,

Thank you very much for your additional information, most helpful. We have been keeping an eye on this since you posted but unfortunately have not been able to reproduce it consistency like you can. It might be that you have your seaport in a different space than we have placed ours in or it's something else, so we're not sure what is causing it. So from your information it's only not clearing the counter on the seaport shortcut and forcing you to reload to correct it.

As it's happening every single time you get a ship I would like you to contact support about this please.

Those using Yahoo email are having issues with getting responses from support, so if you have that and are able to use a different email host to contact them, please your alternative for the time being.

In case you need the instructions for contacting support, here they are:

Click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
If you have any problems finding the automated response to your ticket, please click on the following link for instructions to help you with that: Support Issues - how to find their replies.

Out of curiosity, just in case it is the particular space you have used for the seaport, I have labelled all the possible spaces in the picture below with white text. If you don't mind telling us which one you have the seaport manager in we will try again and see if we can reproduce it consistently as well:

Thank you
Sorry I'm so late in responding. It is in Spot #4. Should I try moving it? I just want it on the main screen. I can swap it for #5. I'm only using 1, 4, 5. #1 is my train manager. #4 is the cargo port and #5 is fac manager.
Old Aug 20 2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatthew KC View Post
Sorry I'm so late in responding. It is in Spot #4. Should I try moving it? I just want it on the main screen. I can swap it for #5. I'm only using 1, 4, 5. #1 is my train manager. #4 is the cargo port and #5 is fac manager.
Tiger,

I swapped the position of the cargo port to #5 like I said and it WORKS again! I never even thought about a different location!

Thanks!!

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port