Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 28 2022, 02:45 PM

Default Message problems

Good afternoon. I am having a problem with messages. I have one in my queue that won't open. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 28 2022, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarksda View Post
Good afternoon. I am having a problem with messages. I have one in my queue that won't open. Thanks for your help.
Hi bbarksda,
I moved your post to the thread about messages.
When that happens please clear your your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and see if it is gone.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 10 2022, 07:13 PM

2022-05-11 00:12:38.792 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

keep getting this in the console at the trade marketplace any reason why? its going nuts even clearing mem and changing browser doesn't make a difference.
Old May 10 2022, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
2022-05-11 00:12:38.792 WARNEXCEPTION: Ajax.Notify_Caller - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

keep getting this in the console at the trade marketplace any reason why? its going nuts even clearing mem and changing browser doesn't make a difference.
Hi Alexm,
Is this error stopping you from playing or continuing to trade? If not then I would not worry about it as it is probably trying to show an item that no longer exists, possible because someone else already bought it in a trade.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 17 2022, 12:09 PM

Twice now in the trading market I've had an issue after failing to buy from a farmer's trading warehouse. The game reports that the farmer has none of the item to sell, then if I try to buy from someone else or load my own warehouse, the game freezes. Clearing memcache fixes it for the time being, but it recurs. The farmer I fail to buy from will still be showing their item available.
Old May 17 2022, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Twice now in the trading market I've had an issue after failing to buy from a farmer's trading warehouse. The game reports that the farmer has none of the item to sell, then if I try to buy from someone else or load my own warehouse, the game freezes. Clearing memcache fixes it for the time being, but it recurs. The farmer I fail to buy from will still be showing their item available.
Hi Sqrl,
The reason those items still show is they put them in the trading warehouse, but then sold them directly to someone. The game does not update immediately so they still show in the trading warehouse.
I have seen the ones where they no longer had the product, but have never had the game freeze if I go on to someone else's warehouse and bought from them. No way to tell what is causing this for you.
Old May 17 2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Sqrl,
The reason those items still show is they put them in the trading warehouse, but then sold them directly to someone. The game does not update immediately so they still show in the trading warehouse.
I have seen the ones where they no longer had the product, but have never had the game freeze if I go on to someone else's warehouse and bought from them. No way to tell what is causing this for you.
Ok, that makes sense of why the buying fails . Meh, well, the freezing is probably just one of those weird problems I seem to be collecting.
Old May 20 2022, 09:54 PM

"Loading Offers" - the screen freezes more often than not. Two prime examples are when I'm reloading an offer and it's got the wrong asking price - I change it and try to load but just get "loading offers" and can't do anything else. This also happens almost daily in the marketplace when I try to load another product into my warehouse so the people at the market can get whatever it happens to be - I get "loading offers" and freeze. I have to reload to get back to the game in all these instances. Just now, I was refilling my facilities - not anything to do with markets - and got the "loading offers" message. Had to reload. Just wanted to point this out as when it happens at the marketplace you lose your momentum. Thanks.
Old May 20 2022, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
"Loading Offers" - the screen freezes more often than not. Two prime examples are when I'm reloading an offer and it's got the wrong asking price - I change it and try to load but just get "loading offers" and can't do anything else. This also happens almost daily in the marketplace when I try to load another product into my warehouse so the people at the market can get whatever it happens to be - I get "loading offers" and freeze. I have to reload to get back to the game in all these instances. Just now, I was refilling my facilities - not anything to do with markets - and got the "loading offers" message. Had to reload. Just wanted to point this out as when it happens at the marketplace you lose your momentum. Thanks.
Hi NJones,
We have never seen this. What were you doing before all this happened? Are there any error messages in the FT console? Have you had your farms open for a long time doing other things before this has happened?
Make sure your browser and windows are up to date. I suggest trying to clear your memcache before you reload as that may help.
Old May 20 2022, 10:05 PM

Everything is cleared and up-to-date. All I'm doing is trying to load offers. either in my warehouse or the buying offers for the six products we can request. This has been happening for months but this is the first time I got the message while in the facility manager. No error messages, just says "Loading Offers" and stays on the screen preventing me from doing anything else until I reload.