Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 24 2010, 01:29 PM

Arrow Discussions about Hiring and Hiring Practices

The developers know that many of you have issues with hiring practices and they are aware of the suggestions made to date in the suggestions forum to combat the "problem". They are also aware of the fact that others are equally vehemently opposed to some of these ideas. It is unknown at this time whether or not the developers have any plans to implement these ideas. However, if you wish to continue to voice your opinions for them, please do so in the appropriate threads in the Suggestions Forum.

This thread is NOT to be used as a "name and shame" thread. Any posts including Farm or Farm Avatar names will be deleted without notice to the poster.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 09 2020 at 03:49 AM. Reason: signature removed
Old Jan 24 2010, 04:20 PM

oooh a new thread ive got to say hire me with alot or by myself its down to your own personal choice to do what you want on your own farm if the staff dont like it they can leave

Same for if your hired if you dont like it say thanks but no thanks and leave

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Jan 24 2010, 08:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you for starting this thread I'm and one of the people getting sick of the why wasn't I hired to plow threads popping up every other week.

My opinion on hiring to plow:

No matter what crop you are hired to harvest you are not entitled to the plowing. Just because a farmer hired you to harvest doesn't mean they have to hire you for another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done. It is fine to ask to plow after the harvesting is done. It is even fine to send a note to the farmer if they are not there as they might be on their other farm, just nicely ask and send it after you finish harvesting. If they are on the other farm they will pop over in a minute and hire you to plow if not leave after a minute or so assuming they are not at the computer. Don't leave several messages getting meaner as you go because they have not come back to hire you.

One more thing if you get to a farm that has a ton of trees on the farm if full fruit and you can't harvest the fruit, don't send a message to the farmer asking if they wont their trees done. If they wanted their trees done they would have hired you to do them to start with.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old May 23 2010, 11:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I'm sorry to bother you, but near the end of your post you say, if the harvester can't harvest the trees... If I was hired to harvest "everything that can be harvested" I should be able to get the trees, shouldn't I? I'm new enough to this that I'm not sure if I have a glitch, or the trees have been locked by the owner as non-harvestable. The tree says it's ready when I mouse over it, but when I swing the scythe, it says "not ready..." I have cleaned the cache already. Any suggestions?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 24 2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Thank you for starting this thread I'm and one of the people getting sick of the why wasn't I hired to plow threads popping up every other week.

My opinion on hiring to plow:

No matter what crop you are hired to harvest you are not entitled to the plowing. Just because a farmer hired you to harvest doesn't mean they have to hire you for another job even if you can see a job that needs to be done. It is fine to ask to plow after the harvesting is done. It is even fine to send a note to the farmer if they are not there as they might be on their other farm, just nicely ask and send it after you finish harvesting. If they are on the other farm they will pop over in a minute and hire you to plow if not leave after a minute or so assuming they are not at the computer. Don't leave several messages getting meaner as you go because they have not come back to hire you.

One more thing if you get to a farm that has a ton of trees on the farm if full fruit and you can't harvest the fruit, don't send a message to the farmer asking if they wont their trees done. If they wanted their trees done they would have hired you to do them to start with.
Excellent points all - it does boil down to there is no entitlement to a set of work that includes harvesting and plowing unless you have been multiple hired for both.
Old Jan 25 2010, 02:09 PM
Account Not Linked

I too agree about the plowing stuff. I don't typically hire the same people to harvest and plow. Sometimes I just like to plow my own farm. If people don't want to harvest my crops without complaining about plowing I would appreciate if they would just leave my farm and I will hire people who are happy to be harvesting my crops.

I'm also kind of sick of people who think they are entitled to my entire farm when I hire them. I'll hire 2-3 people depending on the conditions in the market place. I don't have time to sit around and wait for people to respond. If I don't get a quick response there I move on to hiring the next person I see there which results in, sometimes, a lot of people hired. If you don't like it leave my farm and get hired at some one elses but don't tell me how many people to hire on my farm.
Old Jun 24 2010, 06:32 AM

^5! ..hello, I'm new to this =)
Old Nov 27 2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I too agree about the plowing stuff. I don't typically hire the same people to harvest and plow. Sometimes I just like to plow my own farm. If people don't want to harvest my crops without complaining about plowing I would appreciate if they would just leave my farm and I will hire people who are happy to be harvesting my crops.

I'm also kind of sick of people who think they are entitled to my entire farm when I hire them. I'll hire 2-3 people depending on the conditions in the market place. I don't have time to sit around and wait for people to respond. If I don't get a quick response there I move on to hiring the next person I see there which results in, sometimes, a lot of people hired. If you don't like it leave my farm and get hired at some one elses but don't tell me how many people to hire on my farm.
I agree. I have never complained about not being paid to plow even when I was not hired to do that. It's habit to do so I guess. Reared to leave something finished and better than it was when I arrived. Never thought perhaps the farmer would prefer to do their own plowing. My issue has been not being paid for jobs I was hired to do and it's always been the same farms. Thanks for the comments. Now when I'm hired, I won't plow when not hired for that specific job. It just never mattered, I guess, if I was paid to do that. I just did it.
Old Nov 27 2011, 01:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rose View Post
I agree. I have never complained about not being paid to plow even when I was not hired to do that. It's habit to do so I guess. Reared to leave something finished and better than it was when I arrived. Never thought perhaps the farmer would prefer to do their own plowing. My issue has been not being paid for jobs I was hired to do and it's always been the same farms. Thanks for the comments. Now when I'm hired, I won't plow when not hired for that specific job. It just never mattered, I guess, if I was paid to do that. I just did it.
Just as a point of information. You can only do jobs you have been hired for. So if you are able to plow then you were hired to plow.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 27 2011, 07:40 AM

I think a lot of the asking to be hired to plow stems from when we were not able to do that in the initial hiring. A lot of older players will ask you to plow cause that's what we did when we were finished harvesting.

I would love to be able to hire in advance my usual harvesting partner when I am away from home or not able to meet him. That way he could go do the farms I want him to do and he knows what I want done and what I don't. I would not have to worry about what he was doing etc. If he's not available now, I do my own farms.

I so many times have gone to the market....just stood there and have gotten hired. When I get to the farm it's all done or mostly done with at lease 6 people working on it. When I was hiring from the market and I never got the response, I went and checked my farm to see if they were there before I rehired someone else. And, 9 times out of 10 the game will tell you if someone is doing something at your farm when you are not even there. So, there should not be problems with over hiring at your farms. If I get to a farm that has to many people I usually just say "to many people....thanks" and leave. I have also had rude people, who come in after I have started the farm and go immediately to where I am working. It's a big farm....why go to where I am??? Go get your own corner.