Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Farm Town Social

Old May 18 2018, 11:15 PM

Default Farming idea to go all trees.

I was thinking of playing farmtown a little more passively. Could I plant trees on all my farms with a multiplanter then log in when i want to play awhile and still get a little experience when I harvest but not have to worry to check on my crops if i decide to go away a few days. we get exp for harvesting trees or hiring someone to do it? i think fishing doesn't give exp just money. any thoughts on running a tree only farm?
Old May 18 2018, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwin View Post
I was thinking of playing farmtown a little more passively. Could I plant trees on all my farms with a multiplanter then log in when i want to play awhile and still get a little experience when I harvest but not have to worry to check on my crops if i decide to go away a few days. we get exp for harvesting trees or hiring someone to do it? i think fishing doesn't give exp just money. any thoughts on running a tree only farm?
Hi larwin,
You do not get experience for any harvesting on your own farms. Instead you get the crops to sell or use in your facilities. You can only get experience on your own farms by plowing or filling your facilities.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 18 2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi larwin,
You do not get experience for any harvesting on your own farms. Instead you get the crops to sell or use in your facilities. You can only get experience on your own farms by plowing or filling your facilities.
so only time I get experience from trees is when i purchase them right? is there a strategy i could develop to base facilities around a tree farm and maybe switch my facilities to the ones that use harvests from trees? maybe do animals too. i was thinking along the lines of going away from the standard harvest and plowing farm. just some ideas if i want to step away and still have something workable when i come back. i'll study the facilities on my own see if i come up something that would work for this idea. i know there's a few facs that work with mainly harvests from trees. Thanks Taz I will post some facs later that would work for this idea.
Old May 19 2018, 12:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larwin View Post
so only time I get experience from trees is when i purchase them right? is there a strategy i could develop to base facilities around a tree farm and maybe switch my facilities to the ones that use harvests from trees? maybe do animals too. i was thinking along the lines of going away from the standard harvest and plowing farm. just some ideas if i want to step away and still have something workable when i come back. i'll study the facilities on my own see if i come up something that would work for this idea. i know there's a few facs that work with mainly harvests from trees. Thanks Taz I will post some facs later that would work for this idea.
Hi larwin,
You will have to work that out for yourself. The Game Guide can help you. Only problem I see is most of the facilities that use the fruit from trees also require other things along with the fruit.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old May 19 2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi larwin,
You will have to work that out for yourself. The Game Guide can help you. Only problem I see is most of the facilities that use the fruit from trees also require other things along with the fruit.
i researched it a bit. this way may be doable but you still need some crops for some things. you could spend a lot of time buying crops from other players. this is kind of hit and miss to be able to get needed crops. there's maybe only a handfull of facilities that could work with growing just trees. i think a player could switch between growing crops and running facilities. it seems a good idea to stock up a few days a week then have your neighbors work your facs. doing only trees may let someone build up coins but seems players need to open up to other markets. now doing trade ships and trains may help with getting extra crops but you need fairly active neighbors it seems. this was mainly an idea i was playing with. but seems you still need to be active with other things.