Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 08 2017, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
i can not find the new ship stuff
Hi max_river,
It is in the Other section. The pilings, reach stacker, overhead crane and terminal piers are about 1/3 of the way down and the container cranes are at the bottom of the list if you have it set to Level Required.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 09 2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
2. 22 Ships and Ports related decorations: 21 of them available at level 100, they are on the 'Other' category in the store, about one third from the top. The last one is a big crane available at level 825 at the very end of the category. It has 2 versions, you can attach containers to one of the versions.
Can you please tell me which version of crane you can attach a container. It doesn't specify.

Thanks.
Old Apr 09 2017, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelonia View Post
Can you please tell me which version of crane you can attach a container. It doesn't specify.

Thanks.
Hi chelonia,
It is the first one on the right side.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 09 2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi chelonia,
It is the first one on the right side.
How can we attach a container to it. Is it only the way we place the crane and the empty container
Old Apr 09 2017, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clohar View Post
How can we attach a container to it. Is it only the way we place the crane and the empty container
Hi Clohar,
You place the crane and then move a container under the container grabber of the crane, so that it looks like it is being carried by the crane.
Old Apr 09 2017, 01:51 PM

Many thanks, Taz!!

PS: We need a tug boat. Cargo ships cannot maneuver themselves in a busy port.

Last edited by chelonia; Apr 09 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old Apr 09 2017, 02:56 PM

I have waited a few days to use the newest of the EX tools. I would like to say the direction we are going is one of the best (and most expensive) things that has happened in this game. The Dev's are doing great work as always. But it seems we have lost a VERY IMPORTANT functionality with these new tools. When you land on a neighbors farm the EX tool is chosen for us (in hand) but when you use it to mouse over the crop to harvest, you have NO idea what the crop is. There is NO data telling us that. Just to make sure, I clicked on "Highlight Mode" and instantly that tool tells me what is planted. When doing work for others they are wanting seed planted in accordance with their least stored or in some cases I get the request just to reseed the same that is there already. But then I have to drop the tool to get the mouse pointer to see what is currently planted, then pick up the EX tool again to go chose the new seed. I am sure this is just an oversight by the Dev team, because the way it works makes no sense and creates extra work. I love the EX tools, and will use them anyway, but it would be nice if we could get that functionality back.
Old Apr 09 2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxie63 View Post
could you possibly post the link for that page, please?
Certainly. https://www.facebook.com/FacebookApps/ or you can enter Facebook games in the Facebook search and pull up the page. I haven't seen a sale since Christmas, but I expect we'll see some for Mother's Day and graduation.
Old Apr 09 2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
- Reverted the fishing changes back, now when you click the water items should disappear immediately. This also brings back the original issue, meaning that even when the water items disappear immediately from your screen, they may have not been processed completely on our servers yet. To add more information about the real progress of your farming on our servers we modified the top right blue disk meaning according to these rules:

1. If the disk is white, there are no pending "Save" operations to be completed on our servers

2. If the disk is blue, there is 1 pending "Save" operation to be completed on our servers

3. If the number of pending "Save" operations is bigger than 1, then instead of the disk we will show that number. So if you see a number 5 instead of the disk, it means there are 5 "Save" operations still to be emitted to our servers to "save" your farm work. This also means that if you close your browser at that moment without waiting for that number to go away and show a white disk instead, then the next time you get back to your farm you will have to redo that work again.

Notice that you can't click in the button with the number to Save the operations because the game is already trying to Save the operations, they are just in a queue waiting to be completed by our servers. The speed at which they complete depends on several factors, the amount of items involved, the speed of the users internet connection, the speed of the user computer, etc.

But the most important thing of all, this is the way it has worked since the beginning of the game, 8 years ago, there is nothing new here, the only thing new is that now you are able to see the counter on the top right, and before there was no counter, but there was still the same queue of operations to be completed, under the hood, invisible to you.

We decided to show the counter just so you have a visible idea of how long it will take for the fishing operation to complete on our servers, now that we are hiding the water items immediately as you click on them.
This game is not responding like it used to - I have done all of the checks on my end, reinstalled flash, etc. and I have tons of issues with the game. Right now the counter is going up past 12 on a neighbor's farm I'm trying to work. This happens repeatedly! It's NOT on my end as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 09 2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Apr 09 2017, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdragonfly View Post
This game is not responding like it used to - I have done all of the checks on my end, reinstalled flash, etc. and I have tons of issues with the game. Right now the counter is going up past 12 on a neighbor's farm I'm trying to work. This happens repeatedly! It's NOT on my end as far as I can tell.
Hi msdragonlady,
Please note that many players have been on the servers lately because of this release. With a higher than normal load on the servers then things will be slowed down slightly until everyone goes back to their normal playing times and the load goes back to normal.
Adding the counter is the only change they made to the saving of data and that does not effect how slow or fast the data is transferred.
Please try all the suggestions in the following Help & Support thread link including the ones linked from there to another thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
If the problem is still not fixed please post in that thread so we can help you further.
Closed Thread