Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 26 2014, 03:03 AM

Please increase number of neighbors allowed to help with the blue quests. Once we have completed a quest and are waiting for new blue quest to appear does our blue button go away? If so, I fear players will delete players from neighbor list thinking they aren't interested in the co-op. Thanks.

Last edited by Grammy 11; Sep 26 2014 at 03:12 AM.
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
Odds of finding a similar quest are astronomical.
Hmmmm . . . I'm a little concerned about this, too. For example, my first co-op quest is to load 10 scrabble games in a facility. I've worked it to the point where I now need to buy/sell a scrabble game. Seems like that is VERY unlikely to happen. So does that mean this quest is just dead in the water? If that's the case - if there are no other ways to finish it - that's not going to keep people motivated, I don't think. The tendency is going to be to look at a quest, see that it has an unlikely item at the very end and then just not start it. Why go to the trouble to even begin it if you can tell up front that it's probably not going to happen. And frankly, I haven't been paying attention, but I assume I've been using coins to buy the various items I've needed for this quest so if that's the case, there's a penalty for even trying an unlikely/long-shot kind of quest. Maybe we need some tweaks here? Some other way we can get the unlikely items? Otherwise, I think the co-op quests will only appeal to a few and their success is tied to being able to appeal to lots of folks.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:33 AM
Account Not Linked

hi Thanks for the update !!! (except for the cooperative quests too many restrictions, not enought time to complete and far too limited) Cheers anyway
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Well said!
Old Sep 26 2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Hmmmm . . . I'm a little concerned about this, too. For example, my first co-op quest is to load 10 scrabble games in a facility. I've worked it to the point where I now need to buy/sell a scrabble game. Seems like that is VERY unlikely to happen. So does that mean this quest is just dead in the water? If that's the case - if there are no other ways to finish it - that's not going to keep people motivated, I don't think. The tendency is going to be to look at a quest, see that it has an unlikely item at the very end and then just not start it. Why go to the trouble to even begin it if you can tell up front that it's probably not going to happen. And frankly, I haven't been paying attention, but I assume I've been using coins to buy the various items I've needed for this quest so if that's the case, there's a penalty for even trying an unlikely/long-shot kind of quest. Maybe we need some tweaks here? Some other way we can get the unlikely items? Otherwise, I think the co-op quests will only appeal to a few and their success is tied to being able to appeal to lots of folks.

More yellow flags would help, right?
Old Sep 26 2014, 07:03 AM

Default Cooperative Quests

This is a joke. I have max number of neighbors and not one of them has the items I need to purchase on their co-op so I've completely wasted my time. Epic failure Slashkey! I've wasted so much time helping others on my quest to find the 2 items I need, glad my neighbors are getting assistance but I'm feel I'm getting screwed here.
Old Sep 26 2014, 07:41 AM

Definitely need to tweak the cooperative quest. I'm down to needing vanilla ice cream and apple pie but doesn't look likely I'll get it in time. Not likely to continue playing the cooperative quest if I can't finish them. I do like the idea but needs something done to it.
Old Sep 26 2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
Definitely need to tweak the cooperative quest. I'm down to needing vanilla ice cream and apple pie but doesn't look likely I'll get it in time. Not likely to continue playing the cooperative quest if I can't finish them. I do like the idea but needs something done to it.

I agree.....I need rice to finish mine and NOT one of my neighbors have a quest with rice in it. I'll try one more after this and then I'm probably done except for helping neighbors.
Old Sep 26 2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I agree.....I need rice to finish mine and NOT one of my neighbors have a quest with rice in it. I'll try one more after this and then I'm probably done except for helping neighbors.
why dont you use a buy option then one of your neighbors can sell it to you
Old Sep 26 2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy 11 View Post
More yellow flags would help, right?
Well . . . I just don't know! I was going to say that if none of my neighbors have the item I needed (in this case, a Scrabble board) that they couldn't help. But I just checked and one of my neighbors WAS able to help so I just loaded up my Scrabble board into the Nursing Home and my first co-op quest should be finished in 3 hours!

I'm confused, though - does that mean my neighbor also had a quest with a Scrabble board? How was she able to help? That just seemed sooooo unlikely!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread