Go Back   Farm Town > Social Forums > Best Farm Contests

Old Aug 01 2014, 09:49 AM

Default Feedback on Contests

Hi everyone

This thread is for feedback on the new farm contests, there is a help thread available in the contest forum for those that need help with posting and photos.

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Aug 03 2014, 03:02 PM

Thank you for reinstating the best farm contests. I was pleasantly surprised to see this happen. I've learned a great deal about perspective and farm design from the previous competitions.

Regarding this next "back to basics" contest ... this is really much more difficult than I had anticipated. I've become so accustomed to using items for things that they are not that I actually have to focus on what I should not be doing in the design. I never thought I would say this, but I wish my farm items would sink into the paths again ... it would make everything so much more authentic.

Good luck and Happy Farming everyone!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Aug 09 2014, 12:36 PM

God Love you guys ... (Mods & Helpers) .... although the rules & directions are CLEARLY stated, what a cluster ! lol! One farm has a name spelled out in flowers, not sure if that is considered a picture, and another farm entered has facilities/sheds overhanging the borders (I visited each farm via the links, at least the ones that included links) ....

I feel bad for you all, it's gonna be alot of work for you ! But the contest seems like a very fun idea, and I am anxious to see all of the designs!
Old Aug 10 2014, 10:55 AM

Once you have entered your farm in to the competition, you may not EDIT your entry in any way shape or form. Your farm MUST look exactly the same as when the competition closes as it did when you entered it. However, you will be able to harvest any crops, trees etc so long as they are back to fully grown and has to be the exact same crop at the close of the competition. If there is a release after you enter you are not allowed to make additions to your entry, so please be sure you are done. If any farm or entry has been modified, you will be disqualified.

This rule for the contest is going to be very hard to stick to - unless I only plant a 4 day crop and use my sprinkler to keep it for a few more days. In the past we were allowed to plough and replant but the crops didnt have to be fully grown when the comp ended.

Would you consider at least relaxing this rule to allow partially grown crops - after all an authentic farm wouldnt have fully grown crops all the time anyway

Otherwise a great contest idea and yes more difficult than it seems.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 10 2014, 04:36 PM

Hi maggiel29

In interest of fairness, we do see that it would be near impossible to maintain the same crops as fully grown through out the competition. Therefor we have decided to slacken off that rule to this.... We will allow any crop to be growing or fully grown, so long as there is a crop there.

Contact Support

Old Aug 10 2014, 06:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
In interest of fairness, we do see that it would be near impossible to maintain the same crops as fully grown through out the competition. Therefor we have decided to slacken off that rule to this.... We will allow any crop to be growing or fully grown, so long as there is a crop there.
just to clarify and make sure i'm not misunderstanding:

A) i must have a crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be the same crop as in the screenshot?

or

B) i must have the same crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be fully grown at all times (which is clearly impossible)

i think you said A
Old Aug 10 2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
just to clarify and make sure i'm not misunderstanding:

A) i must have a crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be the same crop as in the screenshot?

or

B) i must have the same crop growing all through the contest period BUT it doesn't need to be fully grown at all times (which is clearly impossible)

i think you said A
Correct, it can be any crop at any stage of growing. so long as there is a crop there. Just not wasted

Contact Support

Old Aug 11 2014, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hi maggiel29

Thank-you so much Rob - I am quite enjoying doing this - Ive found its much easier if I just forget I have the Green hand tho LOL

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 11 2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Thank-you so much Rob - I am quite enjoying doing this - Ive found its much easier if I just forget I have the Green hand tho LOL
You're so welcome maggiel29

Contact Support

Old Aug 11 2014, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
If my farm link is already a part of my signature, will it still be there when I post my farm for the contest? I've never posted a pic of my farm before.
Yes Seajay your signature link will still be there. The signature shows on any post you make. However, if that is not the farm you are entering in the contest we will need a link to the farm you are entering , so we can go directly to it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.