Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 12 2018, 11:27 AM

I'm getting really really irritated at those people who come to get the crops, but leave the flowers and trees. They are willing to give up their bonuses just so they don't have to spend time doing it. Something needs to be done, either 1. punish them big time - maybe no xp's for any crops when there are items missed on previous farms? or 2. give them the big tools/benefits so they will do them (maybe rent the big tools to them for a percentage of the take). I don't have the money to buy every tool in the book, but I have small tools and loads of fuel, so they shouldn't complain. Something needs to happen here.
Old Jan 12 2018, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I'm getting really really irritated at those people who come to get the crops, but leave the flowers and trees. They are willing to give up their bonuses just so they don't have to spend time doing it. Something needs to be done, either 1. punish them big time - maybe no xp's for any crops when there are items missed on previous farms? or 2. give them the big tools/benefits so they will do them (maybe rent the big tools to them for a percentage of the take). I don't have the money to buy every tool in the book, but I have small tools and loads of fuel, so they shouldn't complain. Something needs to happen here.
Hi ANgel,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about Hiring as you are not posting about a problem or question that we can help you with.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 12 2018, 12:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
Unfortunately, they will always find a way. "Herding cats" comes to mind. You can't change what they do, only what you do. For me, I just do my own farms. BUT if I find someone who does a good job, I Buddy them so I can contact them again. Yes, they are quite rare anymore.

I think the problems you're writing about are also the reasons why it's so hard to actually GET hired in the Market Place now. When I had an hour or so to kill and just wanted to "chill" I would hire out to do some farms. But it seems now there are lots of people looking for work, but few that are actually hiring. And I don't blame them.

I'd like to see a way to "fire" someone who is behaving badly. That would require a new feature, though, because trying to catch those little avatars while they are hopping around -- just to send them a message, for instance -- is almost impossible. :-)
Old Jan 12 2018, 09:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
Unfortunately, they will always find a way. "Herding cats" comes to mind. You can't change what they do, only what you do. For me, I just do my own farms. BUT if I find someone who does a good job, I Buddy them so I can contact them again. Yes, they are quite rare anymore.

I think the problems you're writing about are also the reasons why it's so hard to actually GET hired in the Market Place now. When I had an hour or so to kill and just wanted to "chill" I would hire out to do some farms. But it seems now there are lots of people looking for work, but few that are actually hiring. And I don't blame them.

I'd like to see a way to "fire" someone who is behaving badly. That would require a new feature, though, because trying to catch those little avatars while they are hopping around -- just to send them a message, for instance -- is almost impossible. :-)
I agree we need a "Fired" option that would kick them off the farm if they are not doing what they are hired for.. unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.... I get frustrated when I hire someone who claims they can do the work, then find they have no idea how to use my Extent tools (Combine) and are instead harvesting, then plowing afterwards.. as well as not unticking the boxes in preferences so the farms load easier.. I have been lucky in the past to find good workers and must admit if I see someone (who was useless) in the market again I tend to click on them and hit the Ignore button so I don't ever hire them again.. a bit drastic but at the moment its the only way..
Old Jan 12 2018, 11:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I agree we need a "Fired" option that would kick them off the farm if they are not doing what they are hired for.. unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.... I get frustrated when I hire someone who claims they can do the work, then find they have no idea how to use my Extent tools (Combine) and are instead harvesting, then plowing afterwards.. as well as not unticking the boxes in preferences so the farms load easier.. I have been lucky in the past to find good workers and must admit if I see someone (who was useless) in the market again I tend to click on them and hit the Ignore button so I don't ever hire them again.. a bit drastic but at the moment its the only way..
I disagree that it's a bit drastic -- but am pretty much with you on everything else. :-D

On the one hand, I like to help people just starting out. On the other hand, I, too, am often surprised that what would probably be experienced players can make such a mess on a farm. I asked one guy if I forgot to hire him to plow, and he said he thought everything looked fine to him. ? Since I discovered how the great new tools work quite by accident BY working another farm, I don't know why they can't find them. ("Oh! Is THAT what those do?! KEWL!" LOL!)

I steer away from "solo only!" people as they ironically seem to be the worst offenders! :-D

Learning experiences aside, if you agree to do everything on 30+ farms, then that's what should be done. You're right -- a "fire" option probably isn't in our future at all. And I think this because the Devs are SO good about introducing things that people are asking for if it can be done. I know the "fire" option has been discussed for ages.
Old Jan 12 2018, 11:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
Quote:
I disagree that it's a bit drastic -- but am pretty much with you on everything else. :-D

On the one hand, I like to help people just starting out. On the other hand, I, too, am often surprised that what would probably be experienced players can make such a mess on a farm. I asked one guy if I forgot to hire him to plow, and he said he thought everything looked fine to him. ? Since I discovered how the great new tools work quite by accident BY working another farm, I don't know why they can't find them. ("Oh! Is THAT what those do?! KEWL!" LOL!)

I steer away from "solo only!" people as they ironically seem to be the worst offenders! :-D

Learning experiences aside, if you agree to do everything on 30+ farms, then that's what should be done. You're right -- a "fire" option probably isn't in our future at all. And I think this because the Devs are SO good about introducing things that people are asking for if it can be done. I know the "fire" option has been discussed for ages.
Hi Aussie Rae and Ellsinore,
The developers have said all along they will not add a fire option.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 13 2018, 01:16 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae and Ellsinore,
The developers have said all along they will not add a fire option.
I think we all understand that Taz D, and I am finding its not worth the effort of trying to hire others anymore... easier and much much faster to do all the work myself... a shame that I cannot help others gain the XP coins and goods but thats the way the cookie crumbles, LOL
Old Jan 16 2018, 08:36 AM
Account Not Linked

Default hiring

I have lots of work to do on many farms, but don't expect people I hire to do it all. I hire for flowers only or trees only or fishing only. That way I only get people who are willing to do the flowers, trees, whatever, because that is what they are hired to do.

Personally I don't like people who hire for all jobs on all their farms, and don't accept their offers. I find a lot of those folks don't check what they have available, just hire for all work on all farms. It requires me to show all on each farm, only to find their are no trees ready or no flowers ready etc. Waste of my time and computer space.
Old Jan 16 2018, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

At this point, I'm totally confused.

Since working from the market has been on the radar lately, I did that last night. I worked for two farmers. In each case, the tools needed automatically loaded and when the work was done for that tool, the next tool loaded. When there wasn't any more work to do on the farm, the tools weren't available anymore, I collected my bonus and moved on.

Actually, it was tons easier to work farms from the market than is it to work my own. :-D I've often thought it would be nice if the tools for trees, fish, flowers, would "disappear" when all those items are harvested.

But now I can't understand why people I have hired from the market have such a hard time using the new tools. If they're automatically available, why aren't they using them? Is this working this way only because I have them?
Old Jan 16 2018, 10:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
At this point, I'm totally confused.

Since working from the market has been on the radar lately, I did that last night. I worked for two farmers. In each case, the tools needed automatically loaded and when the work was done for that tool, the next tool loaded. When there wasn't any more work to do on the farm, the tools weren't available anymore, I collected my bonus and moved on.

Actually, it was tons easier to work farms from the market than is it to work my own. :-D I've often thought it would be nice if the tools for trees, fish, flowers, would "disappear" when all those items are harvested.

But now I can't understand why people I have hired from the market have such a hard time using the new tools. If they're automatically available, why aren't they using them? Is this working this way only because I have them?
Hi Ellsinore,

If you or they have the bigger tools and fuel, the biggest tool is what they will be given to work with. If they don't have either tools or fuel then they will use yours as long as you have allowed the use of yours and fuel in the hiring window.

If you have allowed them and they still don't use them, then you would have to ask them why.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.