Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2011, 08:53 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
There appears to be some confusion over the red sprinkler, i will try to clarify it for everyone.

Unlike the manure spreader which fertilizes a farm for 72 hours, and you can plant as many crops as you like in that time and they'll all be fertilized... the red sprinkler does not work that way at all

Make sure that anything you want to be sped up on a farm is planted BEFORE you irrigate, you can only irrigate a farm ONCE per day, so if you plant a 4 hour crop and then irrigate, they will be sped up to 2 hours. If you then decide to plant another crop during that day, it will NOT be sped up until you can water the following day.

There is a glitch at the moment which the developers are working on... some crops will show as wasted, even tho the mouseover says they are ready. They aren't wasted, and you should be able to still harvest those.
Some of us don't always plant a whole field of the same crop. I was ok with the once per day thing on the farms where I have only one crop planted (or same maturity time crops) but I also have a couple of farms where I plant crops with different maturity times. This red sprinkler cost a lot of FC and as I see it now after having it a couple of days, it really wasn't worth it.
Old Sep 01 2011, 08:56 AM

I love updates and appreciate them, thank you. I love new services and facilities.

I am having a hard time finding which barns and crops are READY to harvest, because the mouseover message says "ready" in every case. perhaps it could say "1.5 hours remaining" and save the word "READY" for crops/barns that are actually ready to harvest.

thank you so much for your hard work. ♥
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
There appears to be some confusion over the red sprinkler, i will try to clarify it for everyone.

Unlike the manure spreader which fertilizes a farm for 72 hours, and you can plant as many crops as you like in that time and they'll all be fertilized... the red sprinkler does not work that way at all

Make sure that anything you want to be sped up on a farm is planted BEFORE you irrigate, you can only irrigate a farm ONCE per day, so if you plant a 4 hour crop and then irrigate, they will be sped up to 2 hours. If you then decide to plant another crop during that day, it will NOT be sped up until you can water the following day.

There is a glitch at the moment which the developers are working on... some crops will show as wasted, even tho the mouseover says they are ready. They aren't wasted, and you should be able to still harvest those.
Why couldn't it just work the same as the manure spreader with the plots remaining watered for the day? It would get rid of all the confusion and make more sense. It would be nice to be able to water my farm, plant 4 hour crops, get them in 2 hours, then plant my longer crops and have them still watered. I don't understand why the existing code for the manure spreader wasn't utilized for the red sprinkler with a 1 day instead of 3 day time frame.

Last edited by Original Tee; Sep 01 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumptv View Post
I love updates and appreciate them, thank you. I love new services and facilities.

I am having a hard time finding which barns and crops are READY to harvest, because the mouseover message says "ready" in every case. perhaps it could say "1.5 hours remaining" and save the word "READY" for crops/barns that are actually ready to harvest.

thank you so much for your hard work. ♥
Maybe you need to clear your cache?? Or try a different browser - Chrome works best for me. It sounds as if you are only getting part of the mouse over message - that was a glitch a while ago with the new Flash update but It thought it had all been solved.
Mine only show ready in both cases when they ARE ready - my wool shed is now only showing ready in 1.6 days.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Tee View Post
Why couldn't it just work the same as the manure spreader with the plots remaining watered for the day? It would get rid of all the confusion and make more sense. It would be nice to be able to water my farm, plant 4 hour crops, get them in 2 hours, then plant my longer crops and have them still watered. I don't understand why the existing code for the manure spreader wasn't utilized for the red sprinkler with a 1 day instead of 3 day time frame.
I think maybe because they dont want to make it TOO easy for us otherwise there is no challenge????

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Tee View Post
If you'd like to suggest that to the devs, you're more than welcome to post into the suggestions area they always listen

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 01 2011, 09:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
If you'd like to suggest that to the devs, you're more than welcome to post into the suggestions area they always listen
Thanks for the reminder! I put it in Suggestions under Machinery both functional and non-functional.
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I think maybe because they dont want to make it TOO easy for us otherwise there is no challenge????
Agreed Maggiel29, While we need some things to be made quicker and easier, for me I'd rather still have some challenge to the game.

Old Sep 01 2011, 09:23 AM

How often can we water our farm with the red sprinkler, is it every 24 hours or 20 hours. And is there a way we can know that our farm needs watering?
Old Sep 01 2011, 09:36 AM

Default Red sprinkler

I love the red sprinker upgrade I wish the developers would show how much time is left before you can irrigate again this would solve alot of cunfusion. Example I planted Wheat yesterday irrgated after i planted today went i harvested and replanted could not irrgate it. I figure out why wheat tasks 1.6 days to harvested not 2 days as beleved when irragated that cuts it to .8 days red sprinkler irrgates on a 1 day schedule need to wait .2 days to irragate my wheat. Please resolve
Closed Thread