Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 23 2015, 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
Now all of a sudden clearing the FT cache 3 times was not enough to keep attempts to work my neighbor's factories from being considered visits... It took 5 times!
Hi Qivis,
I have never had to clear the caches to get a neighbor's work request to work. All I do is when it comes up with the visit thing instead of the work is close the farm and then open the request again. Clearing your own cache doesn't clear theirs.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 23 2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Qivis,
I have never had to clear the caches to get a neighbor's work request to work. All I do is when it comes up with the visit thing instead of the work is close the farm and then open the request again. Clearing your own cache doesn't clear theirs.
I have had to all the time, but usually once or twice is enough. The same with some of my friends when working mine or other farmers. It used to work just by reopening the request but it hasn't worked that way in nearly 2 years. Clearing MY cache was Raul's suggestion since I am in his survey group and I asked him about it in response to something he asked me.

I almost forgot to mention it may have something to do with the fact that I use Windows 10 and have since the day it came out in the Insider Preview. I even managed to back up my data to a 2nd machine so I could get the official release as soon as possible. Since Windows 10 is still practically brand new it may some effect on how games run in Facebook in general and Farm Town in particular.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.

Last edited by Qivis; Oct 23 2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old Oct 23 2015, 09:10 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am assuming this is because of Facebook >Just wondering , Is everyones Home wall just full of Ads for Companies and Groups ... and your Farmtown Game posts missing or old ?? I'm finding my neighbors 'likes' of their neighbors work postings , BUT my own neighbors work postings are not showing up and my neighbors 'likes' of their neighbors bonus postings are showing , but not my neighbors Own bonus postings ... Extremely irritating !!
I can find new postings thru the Farmtown Wall Requests .. new posts are THERE but not on the Home wall .. it is making it so much harder to work neighbors farms or help them by clicking their bonus posts ..
Old Oct 23 2015, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
I am assuming this is because of Facebook >Just wondering , Is everyones Home wall just full of Ads for Companies and Groups ... and your Farmtown Game posts missing or old ?? I'm finding my neighbors 'likes' of their neighbors work postings , BUT my own neighbors work postings are not showing up and my neighbors 'likes' of their neighbors bonus postings are showing , but not my neighbors Own bonus postings ... Extremely irritating !!
I can find new postings thru the Farmtown Wall Requests .. new posts are THERE but not on the Home wall .. it is making it so much harder to work neighbors farms or help them by clicking their bonus posts ..
Hi Tuckerbnc,
We have all seen these. There is a way to combat that to a point. Fro the ad ones, click on the down arrow in the upper right corner of the post and remove all ads from that company. a little survey will pop up answer that and Facebook should not show you any more ads from that company.
For the likes from your friends of other work ostings, if you are not friends with the other poster, then again click the down arrow and hide all postings from that other person (not your friend). That will stop any more likes posted on their post.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 23 2015, 09:45 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Tuckerbnc,
We have all seen these. There is a way to combat that to a point. Fro the ad ones, click on the down arrow in the upper right corner of the post and remove all ads from that company. a little survey will pop up answer that and Facebook should not show you any more ads from that company.
For the likes from your friends of other work ostings, if you are not friends with the other poster, then again click the down arrow and hide all postings from that other person (not your friend). That will stop any more likes posted on their post.

Hi Taz ,

I do remove the Ads that way . I'm just wondering why my Own neighbors factory postings are not showing on the home wall or Their bonus posts ... Sometimes their Work factory post will show but Not their Refer work postings (will find them if I go to their home profile) ... And if I hide the liked 'friends' work posts , I don't get the benifit of their bonus postings ... I don't mind their work postings showing up on my wall .. I just wish my OWN neighbors work & refer postings & bonuses would show on my Home wall ...

Thanks , Tammy
Old Oct 23 2015, 10:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertbnc View Post
Hi Taz ,

I do remove the Ads that way . I'm just wondering why my Own neighbors factory postings are not showing on the home wall or Their bonus posts ... Sometimes their Work factory post will show but Not their Refer work postings (will find them if I go to their home profile) ... And if I hide the liked 'friends' work posts , I don't get the benifit of their bonus postings ... I don't mind their work postings showing up on my wall .. I just wish my OWN neighbors work & refer postings & bonuses would show on my Home wall ...

Thanks , Tammy
Hi Tammy,
Facebook controls what is on your Newsfeed and they only will show you a certain amount. This was one reason why the developers set up the way for you to see them all in the My Requests.
Old Oct 23 2015, 11:10 AM

Default Bug

Flash player still slow requires reloading several times was doing it automaticly

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 23 2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
Old Oct 23 2015, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlinkjr View Post
Flash player still slow requires reloading several times was doing it automaticly
Hi rjlinkjr,
They are still working on the problems. We just have to be patient until they can fix all the issues with this.
Old Oct 23 2015, 11:49 AM

Default updated to windows 10

just want to let you know i updated to windows 10 and it did not help with the problems i am having with flash..
Old Oct 23 2015, 12:38 PM

Level:
XP:
Default Hide items

Has there been a new change regarding the Hide options? I have chosen to hide a few trees, but they don't really 'hide' if I move my mouse over the area where I have hidden them, they are hidden, but, if I move my mouse over a different location, the trees appear, without having to refresh my screen. I don't like the feature bcuz it's confusing for me to see which trees are really there, or which ones are hidden.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread