Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 04 2010, 08:06 PM

I would like to say Thank You to the developers for working on the program. Things are so much better for me. However, the time it takes to collect and save the coins and xp's is too much. I usually leave the farm because I tend to be the only farmer still waiting (even though other farmers have harvested, already gotten hired to plow, finished plowing, and moved on) and I am still seeing coins and xp's collecting from harvesting. I timed it once when I was the only one working the field and it was 45 minutes to transfer from harvesting to plowing, and then 50 minutes before the farmer saw the fields plowed and I could go home without bumping myself out of the game. Happy New Year in 2010.
Old Jan 04 2010, 09:07 PM

Default Buddy List

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziekillin View Post
nightmare today. I got hired to harvest - fine. very slow but fine. then they hired me to plow and that is when the nightmare began. it refused to refresh the farm and hire me to plow - I think it was behind in saving coins. Eventually I got hired to plow ok - by which time the other employees had grabbed most of the plowing.
I then got hired to harvest on another farm - great. Then they tried to rehire me to plow - nightmare again. after 3 attempts they added me to their buddy list and I did the same and eventually managed to get home. But no - they had not been added to buddy list at all. luckily they had me and managed to send me a message so I could follow the green man and get over there to be hired. After I had finished plowing the coins and xps continued to change for over 5 minutes after the last field showed as plowed to me.
this new release is not good. there must be some sort of saving issue that needs addressing.
please get it sorted asap please.

I had a great job harvesting a few minutes ago. The farmer was not able to hire me to plow, so she added me to her Buddy List. Before I left her farm, I checked that she was on my Buddy List... and she was. So, I went home. When I went to my Buddy List.... gone! So what's up with that?!!! She probably thinks I'm a total flake!

Also, yesterday, I plowed a huge farm for a Buddy, and when I got that nasty "server timed out message" and came back to my buddy, half the plowing I did was gone. And what's up with THAT?!!!

In addition, I am sick to death of the Server Timed Out message. I follow all the instructions for clearing my cache/browser history, etc., and have taken FT out of my FB applications list and re-entered it, and I have upgraded my Flash Player and uninstalled old versions of it. Oddly, some players tell me they never see the message. It used to be that I could hit the floppy save ikon and that would solve the problem, but NOT ANYMORE!!!
Old Jan 04 2010, 09:15 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Someone in here mentioned to clear the flash cache? or am I wrong? can you do that? and will that help with the time outs and the jerky screen on the game? I have looked and looked I may of misunderstood something... If I did I apologize....Also I wonder If anyone else is having trouble with the FB chat interfering with this game... I am for real.. Maybe it is my computer..It has just started the past couple of weeks ..

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 04 2010, 09:46 PM

Angry New Release December 22nd

There are some serious issues with this new release. This morning I harvested, then plowed for a friend. After 1 hour of leaving my computer on I was still trapped at her farm with coins still counting. I am unable to hire her to work for me, or even leave her farm while the coins are still racking up. This delayed response in the coin counting is causing many people a lot of grief. I feel you should roll the game back to the way it was before for harvesting and plowing. Perhaps too many people are leaving the farm they are working on before letting it finish and that is why they were losing coins. However this new version has gone beyond rediculous for many of us. Until you can find a better way to tally the coins in a more timely matter I think you should roll the game back so we can regain a bit of sanity here.

Last edited by Krafty Karen; Jan 04 2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jan 04 2010, 09:50 PM

If you are using Internet Explorer go to the Tools Button and choose Internet Options, then on the Internet Options Tab you choose Browsing History, and then Delete, that should clear your cache. In Mozilla Firefox choose Tools, Options and on the Network Tab choose Offline Storage and Clear Now. These options will clear you cache. Hope this is of some help to you.
Old Jan 04 2010, 10:00 PM

When I am hired I get half way through the harvest and the fields stop being harvested. They look like they are harvested for me but the farm owner sees that they are not. It is the same with plowing. In order for me to be hired to plow I have to leave the farm and come back several times. This does not work if you are hired at the market, there is no way to come back. Please see what you can do to help me. Thanks.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?r...te&cid=sk_site (link to my farm)
Old Jan 04 2010, 10:27 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

the browser I know how to clear but thank you perhaps that will assist others. very kind of you.. I was wondering if i had misread and there was something to clearing the Flash that it the program has a cache .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty Karen View Post
If you are using Internet Explorer go to the Tools Button and choose Internet Options, then on the Internet Options Tab you choose Browsing History, and then Delete, that should clear your cache. In Mozilla Firefox choose Tools, Options and on the Network Tab choose Offline Storage and Clear Now. These options will clear you cache. Hope this is of some help to you.

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 05 2010, 12:16 AM

Here are the issues I am having:
1.) I click to plant Eggplant and Brocculi is planted-two days ago.
2.) Hard to control my mouse, it's like on ice or something. Since everything is slowed down it's not a big deal but it doesn't feel right.
3.) Haven't ever been able to read my messages when I am working on another farm, have to go home to read them.
4.) Why is this game so slow? Since Dec 22 update i haven't been able to work for anybody, only for myself, and i even got timed out messages at my own FARM.
5.) Still takes to long to tally up points, and I don't think I am getting paid the right amount. I worked for two farmers tonight and the game isn't right.
I had everything working just fine before all these updates. I wish it worked like before. I really miss Farm Town. Please fix this.
Old Jan 05 2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Field View Post
Here are the issues I am having:
1.) I click to plant Eggplant and Brocculi is planted-two days ago.
2.) Hard to control my mouse, it's like on ice or something. Since everything is slowed down it's not a big deal but it doesn't feel right.
3.) Haven't ever been able to read my messages when I am working on another farm, have to go home to read them.
4.) Why is this game so slow? Since Dec 22 update i haven't been able to work for anybody, only for myself, and i even got timed out messages at my own FARM.
5.) Still takes to long to tally up points, and I don't think I am getting paid the right amount. I worked for two farmers tonight and the game isn't right.
I had everything working just fine before all these updates. I wish it worked like before. I really miss Farm Town. Please fix this.
Hear hear....not on all of it...but this stuff:

2. My mouse doesn't feel like it's on ice more like it's on crack. Skipping and jumping around while plowing, not highlighting the plot to be clicked on and not activating when I do click.

3. Can't recall the last time I was able to read a message while NOT at home. This has caused me to miss out on some harvesting/plowing at buddie's farms.

4. I've been dealing with the molasses in January below freezing speeds until tonight when another player called me a COW during a job at someone else's farm. She called me a COW! Mooooooooooo. Moving on to something else more like. I've been VERY patient with all this stuff and now ppl are calling me names. Used to be ppl were patient and understanding, seems like it's wearing thin.

5. I'm not so concerned about the points/xp because for me it seems like it's in order but the speed....holy buckets it's so slow it's almost backwards....that's some SLOOOOOW SLOW....SLOW....action right there.

Guess this is a sign to go play my games elsewhere for some time. Even harvesting and plowing at neighbors (where it's like fun and a favor) is SLOW.

Please you guys....I know you're concentrating on getting things lined up but can you PLEASE SPEED it up too?

Thank you
Old Jan 05 2010, 01:11 AM

Angry I am giving up completley greived!!

I just tried to plant Rosemary on my two farms and I am grieved to say that it was the last straw for me. I don't enjoy this game anymore. It is slow and tedious again. I hate it and won't go back to playing it that way. So Thank you for 48 levels and many many months of joy and the fun building this farm of mine. But it is over. Good luck I hope you work it all out for those that are willing to stick with you thru this rediculous turn of events that have followed the update of Dec 22. Once Again Thank You.