Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 01 2012, 05:57 PM

I have to confess, when I first saw the "quest" box, my first thought was, "Et tu, Farm Town?" I am getting heartily tired of quests on other apps. One big beg-a-thon, and I always tend to get snagged on some stupid thing that of course, I would have to have no life or buy _____-Cash to complete.

But I have to admit, I like FT quests.

I like that the steps use buildings you can buy with coins, or cash buildings you already have. It does NOT favor those with 300 neighbors (I don't have nearly as many), those who have enough cash to buy all the goodies, those on the highest or lowest levels (in some quests on other apps, those on higher levels can produce more goods, and those on lower levels can level up faster because theirs require fewer crops/items.) or most importantly, those who use cheat apps. I suppose you could use a cheat app, but what would be the point, exactly? That would be ridiculous. You don't have to beg neighbors over and over for items. That is so annoying!

Instructions are pretty simple, and you're given ample time. And also very importantly, these quests don't wind up overwhelming your playing time on the app. On other apps, it seems that's all I wind up doing!

You get on the game, do the steps you can, wait for those you can't. The only caveats ... watch your time, do the steps in order, and don't take on a quest you don't have time to finish. (I found that out the hard way the first time. )

Special prizes ... I'm mixed on that. If the quests do repeat, that wouldn't be bad. If for some reason, you have a game issue or real-life situation and you can't finish the quest, you might be able to get the item the second time around.

So after being rather hostile about this at first, I admit that I do like it. Good job!

Last edited by Ms. Pluot; Feb 01 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old Feb 01 2012, 08:01 PM

I like the quests, they are nothing I don't normally do anyway right now, but the reward is pretty good. I got 21M coins for harvesting my grapes and putting them in my winery....easy peasy. I wish we were able to do more than 1 a day but at least I can start a new one the next day even if the previous one isn't done. It helps having the waterer as well as that helps get the crops done faster which means a bigger reward.
it may not be the best, it may not be the prettiest, and it's certainly is not the most creative but it's mine and I like it. feel free to visit me but please leave complaints and begging at your own farm.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/?farm_id=904565178
Old Feb 01 2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers View Post
I like the quests, they are nothing I don't normally do anyway right now, but the reward is pretty good. I got 21M coins for harvesting my grapes and putting them in my winery....easy peasy. I wish we were able to do more than 1 a day but at least I can start a new one the next day even if the previous one isn't done. It helps having the waterer as well as that helps get the crops done faster which means a bigger reward.
well i certainly have not gotten 21M nor have i gotten a quest hard enough to last more than a day
Old Feb 01 2012, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grami Mary View Post
well i certainly have not gotten 21M nor have i gotten a quest hard enough to last more than a day
All it takes is one requiring a 3 day crop. I have had 3 of those. You then have to wait for the crops to be ready to harvest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 01 2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
All it takes is one requiring a 3 day crop. I have had 3 of those. You then have to wait for the crops to be ready to harvest.
i had one requiring a 3 or 4 day crop i had ready to harvest a 6 hours later --- so what?? i always have crops growing on my farm anyway and instead of being rewarded with a more difficult task -- the next quest was even easier/ each day my quest grows simpler and cheaper tho i have finished each in a timely manner -- today's quest was done in an hour and worth only 1M that is why i came looking for answers but have gotten none that is why i am SOOO

ALSO ~~ a 3 'day' crop is only 60 hours, cut in half with the waterer is only 30 hours even if one started from scratch . . . i am leveled out so in theory i could have 5 quests going. . .RIGHT! i wish! i don't know why it makes me so mad -- just that i wonder why and it only gets worse and i get NO ANSWER !
sorry
Old Feb 01 2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmecookin View Post
Glad I read this...forgot about the flowers...Also increase crops to 10...doing one that required 10 wheat
I'm using a 4 x 4 grid for 16 of each crop. makes it easier for planting and harvesting. I moved 5 of each tree, I might increase that. I've already got animals on this farm, but I'm going to move most of them off to other farms, so that this farm is always primed and ready with a reasonable number of animals.

I'm only planting 12 hour or longer crops, I can always water smaller length crops to get them within a day.

I'm leaving all my flowers where they are on another farm, I'll probably set aside a small number of each there and keep them primed. I like only worrying about flowers on one farm. I only bother with enough flowers to keep my flower facility at half speed. No sense going crazy with this game.

I have all the facilities and that is straying far enough from sanity...

Surprised to hear that people are getting quests without having the proper facilities. I thought the quests were "tailored" to each of us.. ???
Old Feb 01 2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwhitford View Post
My complaint about the quests are that they do not become unlocked fast enough. I've completed all the quests available and the next one will not open for another 3.6 hours. I am sure that it said upper levels could do as many as 5 quests at a time but thus far I've only seen 2 open at the same time.

wondering if there is a way the quests can unlock quicker? I mean what is the point in having them locked? If you complete one and move to the next and complete it then you have to wait for some time to do another one. otherwise the quests are ok so far.
It is right that upper levels can have up to 5 quests open at any one time, but each individual quest can only be unlocked once a day (20 hours). The idea of 5 at once is based on having other top ones unfinished after the 20 hours is up. Most quests I've had so far haven't taken the full 20 hours, although I had to replant a 3 day crop that I'd missed, so it is taking the time.

I know there are lots of people calling for a shorter opening time, but maybe those people have all day to play. There are just as many farmers who work full time jobs, or families who can only play in limited times, and for them a quest would take longer to do because they have to wait to get back to it until they have the time.

Although I work at home and can do quests as it suits me, I for one think that if they gave it open slather instead of a one day limit, it would cause just as many complaints on the other end of the scale.

We have animal sheds that are harvest ready at totally different rates, and we all work around that, so we should get used to it and use the quests as just a brilliant new PART of our farming game.

In my case, if I could open another quest any time I liked, such as immediately after I have finished one, I would never get any real world work done

Old Feb 01 2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
i had one requiring a 3 or 4 day crop i had ready to harvest a 6 hours later --- so what?? i always have crops growing on my farm anyway and instead of being rewarded with a more difficult task -- the next quest was even easier/ each day my quest grows simpler and cheaper tho i have finished each in a timely manner -- today's quest was done in an hour and worth only 1M that is why i came looking for answers but have gotten none that is why i am SOOO

ALSO ~~ a 3 'day' crop is only 60 hours, cut in half with the waterer is only 30 hours even if one started from scratch . . . i am leveled out so in theory i could have 5 quests going. . .RIGHT! i wish! i don't know why it makes me so mad -- just that i wonder why and it only gets worse and i get NO ANSWER !
sorry
Grami Mary, An answer for you intended in a friendly manner. You're probably not getting an answer because nobody can really understand your anger, and it seems that you don't understand your own anger about it. Others agree with you, but there would be plenty who are equally happy to do their one quest a day as a new element of interest to the game.

The quests have become an ADDED extra to our game. We don't have to do them; can completely ignore them; and they don't in any way interfere with the way we have played Farm Town all the way through. I'm sure they are not designed to make anyone furious about them, and some that don't find them a challenge, or for some, too much of a challenge, they have elected not to play them.

The devs have probably tried their best to balance easy quests with not quite so easy ones. Heaven knows that if they made them all a 5 day challenge that had a great deal of steps, lots of people would come onto the forum complaining and very angry as you are, but they would be doing so because of the time consuming and complex quests.

Catch 22 for the devs??

Old Feb 01 2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:

sorry
To add to Helen's reply, I think the quests are completely random at this point, and the fact that you have been tasked with increasingly simple ones is just coincidence. Mine have been everything from 2 steps up to 12..... please try to be patient while the devs work this process out, as far as possible, to everyone's satisfaction.

Visit my farm!
The Rainbow Connection
Old Feb 01 2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Grami Mary, An answer for you intended in a friendly manner. You're probably not getting an answer because nobody can really understand your anger, and it seems that you don't understand your own anger about it. Others agree with you, but there would be plenty who are equally happy to do their one quest a day as a new element of interest to the game.

The quests have become an ADDED extra to our game. We don't have to do them; can completely ignore them; and they don't in any way interfere with the way we have played Farm Town all the way through. I'm sure they are not designed to make anyone furious about them, and some that don't find them a challenge, or for some, too much of a challenge, they have elected not to play them.

The devs have probably tried their best to balance easy quests with not quite so easy ones. Heaven knows that if they made them all a 5 day challenge that had a great deal of steps, lots of people would come onto the forum complaining and very angry as you are, but they would be doing so because of the time consuming and complex quests.

Catch 22 for the devs??
you are right ~~~~ i don't understand my own anger as i am rarely upset about a game and love ft, which is the ONLY game i play, and today i tried to delete my game and i am too old to be hormonal. . . i don't think i was really upset until i came to the forum and found that other people were getting more difficult quests and more coins -- and i could care less about coins until the last size expansions which i have bought with my coins they were worthless to me, but the directions indicate that if we complete the quests successfully they will get harder and i know they are still a work in progress. . . i just wanted more and better answers
sorry for ranting so