Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 21 2010, 10:36 AM

Jennski, most facilities have a Produce Faster! button, when viewing What's Cooking. Click that, and it will post to your wall. You only need to do it once, with one facility.
Old Jun 22 2010, 08:17 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
When I'm hiring in the marketplace and I see people say things like....will harvest pineapples solo only....I have to laugh...maybe they'd like to harvest diamonds while sitting on a lawn chair under the shade of a tree sipping an ice cold lemonade...but I do have a question...how do you post to your wall that you have work in the facilities???? Thanks in advance
On one of your facility click on 'Whats Pending' then on the upper left click on 'Produce Faster' This will post it to your wall.
Old Jun 22 2010, 10:56 PM

I have found it difficult to hire people at the market I think it has to do with the fact that most people have multiple farms and plant lots to keep up with the facilities ..... I think I am going to stop planting for a while and attempt to supply my facilities solely by harvesting for others.... also it didn't help that "loading user" was a frequent messege from Friday to Monday.
Old Jun 22 2010, 11:02 PM
Account Not Linked

I thought I saw it all but today I saw a new one. 'I only harvest and plow alone' I hope she got hired with a lot of other people
Old Jun 23 2010, 12:23 PM

Hm, I've actually been having a much easier time getting people to harvest now that you get a percentage of the crops. People are now much more willing to do low-money crops - before this change I had just been harvesting the low-coin crops myself, wasn't worth going to MP.

I don't mind if people just politely say they want plowing jobs at MP. Then I don't waste my time sending them a harvest-hire request. I hate it when people say "work, please" but then turn down the hire request; I assume they're waiting for a plow offer. Given that it sometimes takes a long time to get a response in the MP (and I usually wait a decent amount of time b/c I don't want to over-hire), it's disappointing to wait a long time for the response to just be "no thanks."

I don't really understand fishing for hire...if I want to go fishing, why wouldn't I just fish on my own farm and get 100% of the take? I've rarely seen a farm that doesn't have *some* water on it. Maybe it makes sense for really new people?
Old Jun 23 2010, 01:08 PM
Account Not Linked

I've been hired to fish on farms that had tons of water. I was on one yesterday where there were 5 of us fishing and the farmer could've easily hired another 10 there was so much water. I have seen in the MP now is people will post what they will harvest (besides pineapples)I'm assuming those are products they need. They seem to forget even if you harvest those products you don't need you can always sell them
Old Jun 23 2010, 09:43 PM
Account Not Linked

I have quite a few neighbors, but they aren't always on when I need "emergency harvesters". I prefer hiring neighbors so that I don't have to go to the MP to hire. I wonder if it would be possible to have a thread on the forum where anytime (day or night) people could post what they have to harvest. (I usually hire them to plow as well). I also hired a neighbor today to fish for me. She doesn't have all of the "water types" that I have and was able to get salmon and lobsters for her facilities. Just saying...

The upside is that many people have their farms linked. It would be easy to get there. Also, they would know that they are coming to WORK, not to goof off!
Old Jun 24 2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Karen View Post
I have quite a few neighbors, but they aren't always on when I need "emergency harvesters". I prefer hiring neighbors so that I don't have to go to the MP to hire. I wonder if it would be possible to have a thread on the forum where anytime (day or night) people could post what they have to harvest. (I usually hire them to plow as well). I also hired a neighbor today to fish for me. She doesn't have all of the "water types" that I have and was able to get salmon and lobsters for her facilities. Just saying...

The upside is that many people have their farms linked. It would be easy to get there. Also, they would know that they are coming to WORK, not to goof off!
If enough people are interested, we can certainly start a harvesting thread in the Social section. We used to have a tree huggers thread lol where forum users hired people who promised not to harvest trees.
Old Jun 24 2010, 06:32 AM

^5! ..hello, I'm new to this =)
Old Jun 24 2010, 06:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Karen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
If enough people are interested, we can certainly start a harvesting thread in the Social section. We used to have a tree huggers thread lol where forum users hired people who promised not to harvest trees.
Okay, you people! Let's see if this idea floats!!