Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 14 2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJ1 View Post
I clear my cache almost daily. I have not finished the quest yet. I have only been able to "harvest" the eggs. Can't do anything else until I do the wheat and I can't do the wheat!

You said you had a 'gift' lifeline. Have you requested via your windmill the ingredients for flour, which would have a neighbour send you some wheat? That should work.

Old Apr 14 2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
Wish I could help - I've made chinese noodles with no problem, but once you finished a quest there is no way we can back track and have a look at it again for you. I haven't found any glitches, but I have had to read and re read, and go again sometimes to make sure I got it all in the correct order.

I guess you've cleared your cache etc lately?
I have attached a screen shot - I don't know why! Anyhow, this is as far as I have gotten in this particular quest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (97.2 KB, 13 views)

Old Apr 14 2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
You said you had a 'gift' lifeline. Have you requested via your windmill the ingredients for flour, which would have a neighbour send you some wheat? That should work.
I will give that a try. I had not thought of that one!

Old Apr 14 2012, 11:32 PM

Well, now the wheat is showing up as being harvested and the quest has moved on to the next step. I can't explain it because I didn't do anything. Oh well! Thanks for all your help everyone!!

Old Apr 15 2012, 01:20 AM

Default Quest Lifelines

Quote:

(snip)

When a facebook friend 'sends' (aka 'gifts') you the ingredients, you take it out of your gift box, store it in your facility manager, and then you can go to your petrochemical plant, open it again and click 'start batch' on Nylon Reel. (emphasis added)

It's not stupid, and it does work. The quest are intended as a challenge.
Did you really intend to say "store it in your facility manager" rather than "place in your storage"? If not, how do you store a gift in the facility manager?

Also, on an unrelated Lifeline topic, do you know whether using a Lifeline in any way diminishes your ultimate prize?

I love Farm Town, and I love the Quests, but I learn something new about them almost daily! And I consider that a good thing! Thank you for what you do, and hats off to the Developers for a game that is far more sophisticated than most people realize!
Old Apr 15 2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett128 View Post
Did you really intend to say "store it in your facility manager" rather than "place in your storage"? If not, how do you store a gift in the facility manager?

Also, on an unrelated Lifeline topic, do you know whether using a Lifeline in any way diminishes your ultimate prize?

I love Farm Town, and I love the Quests, but I learn something new about them almost daily! And I consider that a good thing! Thank you for what you do, and hats off to the Developers for a game that is far more sophisticated than most people realize!
Hi, I am fairly certain Helen meant storage.

Using a lifeline does not affect your your prize in any way ... these are the things that affect your prize..

a) How fast the Quest was completed
b) The complexity of the Quest (amount of Quest Steps)
c) User Level
Old Apr 15 2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyJ1 View Post
Well, now the wheat is showing up as being harvested and the quest has moved on to the next step. I can't explain it because I didn't do anything. Oh well! Thanks for all your help everyone!!
Glad it's working now Missy. Sorry I hadn't responded - we lost our power for quite a while and I'm just back up and running now.

Old Apr 15 2012, 10:16 AM

[quote=JAS0643;5025358][font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=Navy]
[size=3]If it is the sports accessories factory you don't have then buy it it cost coins not fc so what is the problem with your quest. If it is a factory for one of the other parts of the quest and it cost fc again buy it or don't do that quest.

The problem is that no one knows what the quest will be until they have accepted it, and then they are stuck waiting 5 days for it to expire if they do not have the required facility to finish it. Yes, I've had it happen twice now, and though I would have bought some FGash and bought the facility, that option was hosed so I'm stuck waiting for it to end on it's own.
Old Apr 15 2012, 04:28 PM

[quote=Chattin;5123258]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=Navy]
[size=3]If it is the sports accessories factory you don't have then buy it it cost coins not fc so what is the problem with your quest. If it is a factory for one of the other parts of the quest and it cost fc again buy it or don't do that quest.

The problem is that no one knows what the quest will be until they have accepted it, and then they are stuck waiting 5 days for it to expire if they do not have the required facility to finish it. Yes, I've had it happen twice now, and though I would have bought some FGash and bought the facility, that option was hosed so I'm stuck waiting for it to end on it's own.
That's not a 'problem' - it's part of the game. They are MYSTERY quests. We are not supposed to know what we are accepting before we click on 'accept quest'.

Having to let one expire doesn't stop you from going on to another one the next day. Each new quest opens automatically 20 hours after you open the previous one. So you can have others going while waiting for one to expire.

Old Apr 17 2012, 10:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy More than one service fac to load the same product in a quest.

OK here's my 2 cents worth regarding the quests. First of all, I love them. But if I don't have the facility needed to complete the quest, I either buy it, or skip the quest.

So..... My current, ongoing quest is to load 20X Eau de Toilette into a service facility. It doesn't say *which* service facility, it just says to load it into a service facility. I went to the forum Game Guide to see which service facility it was, and it told me the Beauty Salon. OK, makes sense.....

I didn't have the Beauty Salon, but I did have enough Farm Cash, so I bought it. No huge deal.... I placed it on my farm, and waited for all the other steps to complete, so that I can load the Eau de Toilette.

So imagine my dismay, when the time comes to load the Eau de Toilette, it is telling me to load it into the mini mall. Sigh......... If I had known at the beginning, exactly *which* service facility I needed, I may have chosen to just ignore this quest, and wait until tomorrow's quest.

Just for fun, I loaded it into the Beauty Salon, but.... no go.

So now I have to decide... do I get the Mini Mall, or just let the quest die out. GRRRR...

Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette.

I doubt I will buy the Mini Mall just for one quest, as I don't have the other facilities to support it.

I feel slightly hosed.