Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 10 2018, 08:09 AM

Something new, starting this morning; as I am working a neighbor farm, a black circle with a white X in it drops down from the top center of the screen, stopping just below the XP & Level info. This happens just about the time I am finishing a farm.

Is this FT, FB or a MS thing? Anyone know?

I had just cleared memcache and browser cache just before the release.

Windows 7 - Chrome browser.
Old Aug 10 2018, 08:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
Something new, starting this morning; as I am working a neighbor farm, a black circle with a white X in it drops down from the top center of the screen, stopping just below the XP & Level info. This happens just about the time I am finishing a farm.

Is this FT, FB or a MS thing? Anyone know?

I had just cleared memcache and browser cache just before the release.

Windows 7 - Chrome browser.
Hi Dan H,

I have moved your post to help and support for display issues as this is not related to the new release.

This is a browser feature, when you go Full Screen it puts an x in view which you can click to exit full screen. I am not certain but this appears specific to Windows 7 Chrome users. Users with a different OS will see a message that says "Press escape to exit full screen mode".

Last edited by Tiger Laybourne; Aug 10 2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old Aug 10 2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Dan H,

I have moved your post to help and support for display issues as this is not related to the new release.

This is a browser feature, when you go Full Screen it puts an x in view which you can click to exit full screen. I am not certain but this appears specific to Windows 7 Chrome users. Users with a different OS will see a message that says "Press escape to exit full screen mode".
Thanks, Tiger! I have not seen this before and I have to say, it is distracting and annoying....sometimes people trying to be helpful are just a little tooooo helpful. LOL!
Old Aug 10 2018, 10:46 AM

When in full-screen I can not access the tools or change the zoom level. I am playing the game on Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.
Old Aug 10 2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
When in full-screen I can not access the tools or change the zoom level. I am playing the game on Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.
Hi DeniseDJ,

What happens when you try? If your tools are in storage are you not able to see them when you click on the tool box? Can you change the zoom using the direction pad or are you using a mouse wheel to zoom in and out?

Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.
Old Aug 10 2018, 11:06 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks so much. Clearing the cache fixed my problem. May God bless you.

Denise
Old Aug 10 2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
Thanks so much. Clearing the cache fixed my problem. May God bless you.

Denise
You are very welcome DeniseDJ. Thank you for coming back to let us know
Old Aug 10 2018, 03:45 PM

Default Moving facilities from storage to farm

Hi! I moved several svc facilities from a farm to storage because I wanted to place them on a different farm...successfully moved to storage; but when I take a facility from storage and try to place it on the new farm, I get a msg saying it cannot be placed at this time...try later. I've refreshed, cleared mem chache... don't know what else to do! Help? Thank you...and lol...so happy to finally be able to use the brussels sprouts!
Old Aug 10 2018, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Anne View Post
Hi! I moved several svc facilities from a farm to storage because I wanted to place them on a different farm...successfully moved to storage; but when I take a facility from storage and try to place it on the new farm, I get a msg saying it cannot be placed at this time...try later. I've refreshed, cleared mem chache... don't know what else to do! Help? Thank you...and lol...so happy to finally be able to use the brussels sprouts!
Hi Noel Anne,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about display issues.

You must have a space with nothing in it larger than the footprint of the item you are trying to place. Also do not turn off any of the Show preferences as this will make it look like you have enough open space when you really don't.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 10 2018, 04:55 PM

Me again...there is plenty of space to place the svc facility...I can get it from the storage, but when I click to place it on the farm (instructions deleted) the msg says "cannot move item from storage to farm. Please try later" I have successfully done this in the past...just not today

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 10 2018 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Instructions deleted

Tags
archived farm, chrome extension, coloured dots, display, display issues, empty market, expand screen, eye, farm name change, farm order, farm stats, ft chrome extension, grid colours, magnify, mousewheel, move farm, music, quest farms, screen size, sound