Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 08 2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Goodness. I didn't know this part. I'm also a software developer and I had a similar thing happen to my app - one part of it was just deactivated with no warning. I really thought mine was my fault - that I had misinterpreted something I was supposed to do. But the company that shut me down actually called last night to apologize and tell me a glitch in their system had caused it. Wish FB would call Raul and apologize - AFTER they get us back up and running.
Hi Susan

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:13 PM

Default Farmtown without FB?

Can we play this another way? Without FB?
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild624 View Post
Can we play this another way? Without FB?
Hi Moonchild

No, Im sorry. Facebook is need to make friends and be able to interact with them in the game.
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:17 PM

Default I am posting complaints on FB

If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.
Old Oct 08 2022, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild624 View Post
If they get a lot of complaints - they will resolve this faster.
Hi Moonchild,
That will not help as the ones who see those complaints are not the ones involved in the security. You would be wasting your time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Susan

Developers worked for weeks on the security requirements asked for Facebook. They were sent and all seemed to be ok, but then, it seems one of them was not completely right according to Facebook. So they deactivated the game.

After that, they developers were informed and worked on the fix. It was sent to Facebook to be checked and approved.
As we all know, we are still waiting for their response and to get the game reactivated.
That is just SO not ok. Very bad business practices on the part of Facebook.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 08 2022, 03:59 PM

It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.
Old Oct 08 2022, 04:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1976 View Post
It would be helpful if somebody had a direct line with the developers and could give us more information than just repeating what's been posted before. The lack of information is what fuels rumors and anger. If the developers aren't in contact with Facebook, and just sitting around waiting for an answer, that's not right. Even a little bit of information would help.
Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 08 2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi FF,
We are in contact with the developers and there isn't anything new to report. The developers have done what they are supposed to and it is up to Facebook to respond. There is nothing more they can do until they get a response from Facebook. I am sorry if that is not enough for you, but that is all we have. All I can say is if you didn't read it here it is not true.
I'm being patient and I don't believe anything I might hear/see anywhere else. It;s not a matter of being enough, but there is an old saying: "the squeaking wheel gets the grease". That's why I think the developers shouldn't be as passive as they appear to be.
Old Oct 08 2022, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF1976 View Post
I'm being patient and I don't believe anything I might hear/see anywhere else. It;s not a matter of being enough, but there is an old saying: "the squeaking wheel gets the grease". That's why I think the developers shouldn't be as passive as they appear to be.
Hi FF,
What would you like them to do? There is no contact phone number with Facebook for the developers of apps. They have to go through the processes on line that Facebook has set up for them. Again there is nothing else they can do. I am sure they have explored all avenues of trying to speed this process up, but in the end it requires Facebook to act.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error