Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 16 2014, 11:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
Farm Town does not seem to be fully functional this morning. My neighbors actual photos are not showing above their avatar pictures and I can not send gifts or post requests. I can do everything else and yes I have completed all clearing procedures. Just curious...
I moved your post to the thread for this problem. It is a problem with Facebook and some of the changes they have done.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 16 2014, 01:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
I love Farm Town but it seems like Facebook and Slashkey are continuously blaming each other rather than fixing the problems. Very sad and not encouraging loyalty on my part.
Slashkey only controls the game itself, Facebook controls all postings going to Facebook, how many neighbors you have, gifting, purchasing of Farm Cash, all the data coming from Facebook, along with TrialPay they control the earn cash offers, and there are probably others that Facebook controls that I haven't mentioned here. You can't blame Slashkey if it is a problem that Facebook controls and Facebook hasn't fixed it. It is their platform and if they don't want to fix something or if they take their time fixing something, there is nothing anyone can do. Slashkey only rents the little bit of space on Facebooks' platform, so that makes Facebook their landlord.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 16 2014, 03:00 PM

Angry Fix THIS! It is costing YOU $$$$$

FT, Slashkey and FB LISTEN UP!

I was going to part with my hard earned REAL $ to buy FC. NOT HAPPENING!

I can't SEND, RECEIVE or EXCHANGE ANY gift and all Belt/Dan bonuses disappear before I can post them!

Windows 7 Firefox and I've cleared every damn cache, memory, etc multiple times.

I refuse to use MY $ if the game will not function properly.

FIX THIS NOW!!!!!! I don't give a flying leap who created these issues but you are ALL losing $ until this is FIXED!!!!! It was fine until this last update broke these things.
Old Feb 16 2014, 04:21 PM

I just started playing FarmTown recently. I don't believe a read any where that you had to have played for 6 months in order to send FarmCash gifts. Would you please direct me where I can find this information? I wanted to reciprocate a gift because my friend who has been a long timer farmtown player gave me a gift using her farmcash (which was not purchased with money or earned through the earn cash option). Thanks for your reply.

butter
newbie at FT
Old Feb 16 2014, 04:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter.fuggly View Post
I just started playing FarmTown recently. I don't believe a read any where that you had to have played for 6 months in order to send FarmCash gifts. Would you please direct me where I can find this information? I wanted to reciprocate a gift because my friend who has been a long timer farmtown player gave me a gift using her farmcash (which was not purchased with money or earned through the earn cash option). Thanks for your reply.

butter
newbie at FT
This is from the November Release announcement:

11. Send Farm Cash gift restrictions: In order to send Farm Cash gifts to others you need to buy at least 50 farm cash since you first started playing (or earn it by completing offers).

This is to stop users creating fake facebook accounts and using bots or auto clickers to quickly get to level 25 or 27 in a day or 2 and then sending Farm Cash gifts to friends or themselves. This is not fair to the users that do not use these tricks and it also impact Farmtown revenue.

We know this is a delicate subject. We have already decided to soften the restriction a bit, to require a lifetime purchase (for the Sender) of only 25 Farm Cash, and also, to remove the restriction completely if the Sender has been playing for 6 months already, meaning, it's a legitimate Farmtown player and not a fake account just created to level up and never used again.

It has not been incorporated into the game guide yet as that is being rewritten.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 16 2014, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
FT, Slashkey and FB LISTEN UP!

I was going to part with my hard earned REAL $ to buy FC. NOT HAPPENING!

I can't SEND, RECEIVE or EXCHANGE ANY gift and all Belt/Dan bonuses disappear before I can post them!

Windows 7 Firefox and I've cleared every damn cache, memory, etc multiple times.

I refuse to use MY $ if the game will not function properly.

FIX THIS NOW!!!!!! I don't give a flying leap who created these issues but you are ALL losing $ until this is FIXED!!!!! It was fine until this last update broke these things.
You are not the only user frustrated by this nor is Farm Town the only game effected by it. If you want to rant about this then rant at Facebook. There is nothing Slashkey can do about it.
Old Feb 19 2014, 06:15 AM

Angry Unable to accept gifts

Has there been some modification made to Farmtown lately. Today, for the first time, I am unable to accept any gifts sent to me. Please advise
Old Feb 19 2014, 04:51 PM

Unhappy Where's my gift box?

I logged on yesterday and got the usual "You have X gifts in your giftbox, do you want to see them now?" popup. Clicked No because I knew what was in it and needed to go to the farm to put the animals in their building. Got to the farm and where my gift box usually is ... there's my turboboat. What the heck? No where in Facility Manager is my gift box to be found. I've got a dozen gifts sitting there and I can't get them out. Help?
Old Feb 19 2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragis View Post
I logged on yesterday and got the usual "You have X gifts in your giftbox, do you want to see them now?" popup. Clicked No because I knew what was in it and needed to go to the farm to put the animals in their building. Got to the farm and where my gift box usually is ... there's my turboboat. What the heck? No where in Facility Manager is my gift box to be found. I've got a dozen gifts sitting there and I can't get them out. Help?
Hi, this glitch has been reported to the developers, there should be a fix for it soon

Trouble loading your game? Clear your browser & Macromedia cache files as most issues can be cured by performing this regular maintenance!

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Feb 20 2014, 09:26 PM

Hope I'm following proper procedure posting here. I see this thread is old. I'm on a MAC. I can receive and send gifts using Firefox, but not Safari. Any ideas? Thanks!
Safari just seems to have a lot of probs with FT. I saw that I had blocked 3rd parties, which of course effects. I still have to use Firefox for gifts, tho. At least I get and send them. I appreciate you all so much! Great work, great changes, great game! We can still play for free, but with all the goodies, I can't resist, lol

Last edited by princessinboots; Feb 28 2014 at 01:01 PM.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows