Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 18 2020, 07:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Default the expansion of farms

i dont know if anyone else has experienced this but im finding now that farms are so big , its harder to work the whole farm and i need to move it around to access all parts of the farm.
it is my suggestion that if yous are going to keep making the farms bigger and bigger , then could u plz allow the zooming out to zoom more.
if i could zoom out further then there wouldnt be a problem . i dont even see why the farms need to be so big anyway . i prefer the addition of more farms instead
Old Jan 18 2020, 07:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector_pete View Post
i dont know if anyone else has experienced this but im finding now that farms are so big , its harder to work the whole farm and i need to move it around to access all parts of the farm.
it is my suggestion that if yous are going to keep making the farms bigger and bigger , then could u plz allow the zooming out to zoom more.
if i could zoom out further then there wouldnt be a problem . i dont even see why the farms need to be so big anyway . i prefer the addition of more farms instead
Hi prospector_pete,

I have moved your post to the thread about Display issues as your post is not about anything in the new release.

If you use full screen mode you can zoom all the way out to see the whole farm. The full screen icon is just above the zoom icons:

If you would still like to make a request to increase the zoom steps in normal screen, please post your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it. You will not be able to start a new thread there. Click on the one with the title that most suits your idea, then scroll down the page and post in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

Please Note: If you post in a thread and it's not the right one or is better suited to another one, your post will be moved to the correct one.
Old Jan 25 2020, 05:44 AM

Default Below the farm area

In the area that shows "someone sent you a gift" etc. I have no pictures, only empty boxes. I have no idea what I did or didn't do. I haven't played for several months due to health problems in my family. Trying to get back to the game but cannot get this area to show up properly.
Old Jan 25 2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattipo View Post
In the area that shows "someone sent you a gift" etc. I have no pictures, only empty boxes. I have no idea what I did or didn't do. I haven't played for several months due to health problems in my family. Trying to get back to the game but cannot get this area to show up properly.
Hi Pattipo,

Welcome back to the game Sorry to hear you have not been well.

The Activity Panel below the game screen retrieves the pictures of your friends from Facebook. If they are not showing there might be a temporary problem which may correct itself.

To check everything is fine your end please do the following:

Clear your FarmTown memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.

Please also clear your browser caches, close browser, then reload. After doing this the first time your farms are loaded, they will load slightly slower as all the graphics need to be loaded from a fresh start.

Those should clear out any issues in your game data and browser if there is any problem there.

If those don't correct the problem you may just need to wait it out. If after that there are only a few with no pictures, check you are still friends with that person.
Old Feb 11 2020, 06:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Unhappy Shrinking Screen on Farmtown

when i go to the marketplace to sell items and to look for work the screen shrinks. tried logging out and logging back in and the screen still shrinks. very difficult to hire or get hired by someone when your not able to see the hire request.
Old Feb 11 2020, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen2009 View Post
when i go to the marketplace to sell items and to look for work the screen shrinks. tried logging out and logging back in and the screen still shrinks. very difficult to hire or get hired by someone when your not able to see the hire request.
Hi Colleen,
I moved your post to the subject thread about display issues.

Is it the whole market place screen that is shrinking or just the pop up screen for selling or getting hired? This is the first post about this, so we need all the details you can provide.

When we have had problems with shrinking screens in the past it has been the pop ups that were doing this and it was a Facebook problem.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 15 2020, 01:51 PM

Has anyone else had a problem when you left click on the mouse to drag the farm one way or another it does not drag the farm.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Feb 15 2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Has anyone else had a problem when you left click on the mouse to drag the farm one way or another it does not drag the farm.
Hi Tom,

I have moved your post to Help and Support as it is not about the New Release items.

There have been no reports about what you are describing and I have certainly not had any issues doing that myself either in normal screen or full screen.

Was there a red number in the counter when you tried to drag the farm over? Perhaps the game was still trying to send data to the servers.

If you have a battery powered mouse or a rechargeable mouse please check if it needs new batteries or charging. If it's not that and you have another mouse perhaps swap it out to try an eliminate that one being the problem.
Old Feb 15 2020, 11:55 PM

It is a new alien ware mouse for an alien ware lap top, mouse is maybe a month old. I will look to see is there is a red number in the counter next time I harvest plow and plant. Problem just showed up after the new release.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Feb 16 2020, 03:59 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Guidelines

Is there a way to Remove the guidelines? They really make me lag...

Tags
archived farm, coloured dots, display, display issues, drag farm, eye, farm order, farm stats, full screen, grid colours, mouse, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, sound