Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 14 2011, 07:14 PM

Has Zynga copywrited the word "quest" or something? I feel like the pro-quest and anti-quest people are talking past each other. I have no desire to beg neighbors (especially since I only have one active neighbor!), but surely that is not the only way to add new goals to the game, which I think is all the pro-quest folks want.
Old Aug 14 2011, 07:17 PM

Question Missing gifts

Today I was trying to receive gifts from my neighbors and once I clicked on accept they just went away. Do you have any idea what is happening??

Thanks,

Suzanne
Old Aug 14 2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Farm Town. It was a new Adobe Flash release this week that has caused the problem with the text.
Thanks all I thought it was a new thing Slashkey did with those stupid letters coming up. I just got a new upgrade from Adobe hopefully that was a fix for this problem. And Slashkey please I like the game. Making Quest to do will make me hate this game. And I spend plenty on this game. Just saying.
Old Aug 14 2011, 08:07 PM

Not sure but I run Google Chrome to run all my games. And according to Adobe I have the latest flash update for it. Still I see ACO and COC and COW on stuff instead of the Percentage of being done. Google Chrome handles the flash games better than does IE or FF.
Old Aug 14 2011, 08:15 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan De Pla View Post
There were only three games I played on Farcebook: FARM TOWN the first one I started playing in 2009. Afterwards I was introduced to FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I spend hours on all three games. Then they introduced quests in Farmville where I had to beg my neighbours to send me planks etc and also at that time Country Life started irrigating the farm and you had to request 60 pipes or something to install the system. That is when I quit both FARMVILLE and COUNTRY LIFE. I hate having to beg for stuff when I have enought coins and Farm Cash to pay for them. So please don't put in Quests as that would ruin the game and I would stop playing. But please consider adding a Commercial Farm - Industrial Farm - Restaurant Farm so we can make nice little towns with all our facilities and not have to bunch everything together so that it looks like a DUMP. I used to have such lovely farms now they don't look too good and I'm ashamed of Farm 10 where I put all my facilities. I had to bunch them all together and it looks like a DUMP one big DUMP. Please help us out.
Hmm....I have a lot of facilities and I honestly don't feel that my farms look like "dumps". I have them scattered about on some farms, grouped together on others, and I manage to plant plenty of crops. I guess it all depends on what you want out of the game, and every person plays it differently. One kind of neat thing that Country Life did (I don't play it any more) was that they had zones that went around the edges that you put your facilities on. That was kind of neat. And I'll never forget the bee hives *smile*. You plant clover and when it's ready the bees automatically go out and pollinate it and then make honey...then you feed the clover to the cow and make milk. A couple of touches that were unique. That aside, I am loyal to FarmTown...and I truly hope we don't get to the point of having to ask neighbors for items as the only way of getting something. As an option...maybe...but only if you can still acquire anything that is available using coins or farmcash. Happy farming...
Old Aug 14 2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags-Z View Post
Not sure but I run Google Chrome to run all my games. And according to Adobe I have the latest flash update for it. Still I see ACO and COC and COW on stuff instead of the Percentage of being done. Google Chrome handles the flash games better than does IE or FF.
For Chrome you have a couple of choices, and both are described in this Adobe forum thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/890030?tstart=0
Old Aug 14 2011, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags-Z View Post
That is what the problem is. You have the latest update and the problem is being caused by that update. Instead of going backward your best bet is to search for Flash Player 11 beta, download and install the one that applies for all browsers other than IE.That will fix both Chrome and FF. That will also fix the problem.
I did not include a link here because Farm Town does not want outside links top be included in posts here and the moderators will delete those.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 14 2011, 09:22 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
sounds a lot like a Zynga game
absolutely phythonis.. and we all know how people feel about that.

Rooster: I would hate to see this awesome game go in that direction. The Devs did introduce a quest of sorts.. call the belts system.. and look how that ended up! The Devs cant win for trying alot of the time and it must be hard trying to suit everyone. I love the game the way it is!
Old Aug 14 2011, 09:37 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
Just want to add my own 2 cents to the outcry over "quests". The day I can't buy a facility with coins or farm cash but instead have to depend on neighbors to help me "build" it will be my last day on FarmTown, despite the fact that I have spent much time and real money on the game. Don't do this, please. People who want to do this should all decamp for Farmville (there's a bus leaving for there in 15 minutes at the corner of "ante up" and "beg your neighbors"). This would absolutely ruin the game, and I hope developers have gotten this message loud and clear. No quests, no way. Thanks.
Just because quest are added to the game does not mean they will be to build buildings. That is one way to do a quest there are 1000s of ways to do quest without spamming our friends walls, and begging for stuff to build something. Just because that is the way zynga does them does not mean that is how ft has to do them. About a year and a half ago the most requested thing for the game was harvesting of animals. Tons of people had the opinion you have about quest that is too much like zynga and didn't want stupid little marks over their animals or want to have to click on each one to harvest them, it would be too time consuming and too much like fv. Well did the developers listen yes they did. They gave everyone what they wanted. They gave us a way to harvest the animals and didn't add the stupid symbol over their head or require us to click on each animal. There are other things that FT has added that people said no too much like zynga but the way ft did them was much better and made everyone happy. The only misstep the developers have had along this line is the belts. Not adding the belts but making them way to easy to obtain so you had all those pop ups and posting when they first came out. The idea was a great one just not very well thought out. There are ways to add quest and goals to the game without going the zynga route and can add some fun and enjoyment to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan7886 View Post
Has Zynga copywrited the word "quest" or something? I feel like the pro-quest and anti-quest people are talking past each other. I have no desire to beg neighbors (especially since I only have one active neighbor!), but surely that is not the only way to add new goals to the game, which I think is all the pro-quest folks want.
Exactly what I have been trying to get everyone to see. Here is an example of a quest/goal that could be added to the game.

Par 1.

Harvest 500 wheat fields
Tend 5 neighbors farms
Max out 2 products in a regular facility.

Reward 1000xps and 50,000 coins

Part 2.

Harvest 500 corn.
Tend 10 neighbors farms.
Max out 2 products in a service facility.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 cow milk.

Part 3

Harvest 500 tomatoes.
Work 5 neighbors facilities.
Catch 50 fish of any kind.

Reward 1000xps and 1000 onions.

This is a way to give people more xps, coins and some extra crops and would require no posting on our walls or begging people for parts to build stuff. There can be an option to post that we finished a part of the goal and let our friends get some kind of bonus from it but like the belt bonuses it will not be required of us to post them just an option.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 14 2011, 09:48 PM

I will only use chrome to play FT. I was having the same problems as everyone else. I followed the instructions a few posts back and disabled the flash player, went and googled and found the beta 11 installed and enabled it and now it works fine.
Closed Thread